"Elvis For Everyone" worth a FTD version?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
memphisflash

Re: "Elvis For Everyone" worth a FTD version?

Post by memphisflash »

no no no no no no no no ! NO !!! :|

Johanesson

Post by Johanesson »

No.
But most likely they will release it.
After all,it's more important then the Sun-book,isn't it? "Tickle Me" was more important,too.
Last edited by Johanesson on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Johanesson wrote:No.
Really?

Johanesson

Post by Johanesson »

midnightx wrote:
Johanesson wrote:No.
Really?
They issued "Tickle Me",so after that why not? They re-release ANYTHING if they think that they can make a little profit.

I can't wait for the upgrade of this album:

Little Darlin
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

Bring it on I say as you can't beat a good 12''. Plus I don't have the album so it sounds even better to me.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Topic author
memphisflash

Post by memphisflash »

neckywoudje wrote:
memphisflash wrote:no no no no no no no no ! NO !!! :|
Hmmm...not even a tiny little bit...just for completeness sake? :wink:
well ... IF Ernst could arrange an accurate cover scan this time, maybe ...

Hav-A-Tampa

Post by Hav-A-Tampa »

I'd say yes, they should release it. If the goal is to release every original RCA album that was issued during Elvis's lifetime, it must be included. After all, FTD have already gives us "bonus" releases such as "Tickle Me", "Wild In The Country" and "Standing Room Only". Of course there will be a lot of duplication, but I don't think it's an issue here. And besides, it might be the only way to get the overdubbed version of "Tomorrow Night" (unless they include it on the Sun box).

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Tickle Me may have been somewhat of an odd choice, but it was technically a soundtrack to a film. FTD has been reissuing soundtracks to films. Where does "Elvis For Everyone" fit into this philosophy? It doesn't.

Topic author
Deleted User 1099

Post by Deleted User 1099 »

Midnightx is spot on. Thank you for keeping the perspective and being the voice of reason on this thread. Your contribution is much appreciated.

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

Ken Jensen wrote:Midnightx is spot on. Thank you for keeping the perspective and being the voice of reason on this thread. Your contribution is much appreciated.
Well yeah in your opinion but neckywoudje puts up a good argument here
That it is in fact a classic album (in the sense of original, not classic as in masterpiece) just like The Fool album, Elvis Now and even the first album Elvis Presley...they all contained tracks from different sessions...only this one was a bit too obvious....but it did contain new stuff and sold very well...

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Topic author
Deleted User 1099

Post by Deleted User 1099 »

I don’t think he makes a good argument at all. The sole purpose of the Classic Album series is to make Elvis’s body of work available to the fans, more specifically masters and outtakes, be it studio or live. In other words, these albums are designed to present Elvis’s recording sessions to his devoted fans, and Elvis for Everyone! just doesn’t meet this criteria. It’s just an album of left-overs, drawing on no specific sessions, unlike albums such as Elvis (Fool) and Elvis Now.

An album without a purpose shouldn’t be given the FTD treatment. Say what you will about Tickle Me, but is served a purpose (it dealt with that movie and filled a gap in the soundtrack series).

ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****

Post by ekenee »

Ok, put it out under these circumstances......

After All the major tours and vegas and tahoe things have been put out.

After all the other better classic albums and soundtracks have been put out.

In other words, its not a priority.

So, if its going to be released, lets just wait about 5 or 6 years when the well is dry.

Maybe put it out on the main label as an expanded album with extra tracks and outtakes.

It was an anniversary album, so maybe the main label is where this one belongs.

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

ekenee wrote: Maybe put it out on the main label as an expanded album with extra tracks and outtakes.

Maybe 10 years ago. Not a realistic scenario in today's music retail climate.

ekenee

Post by ekenee »

midnightx wrote:
ekenee wrote: Maybe put it out on the main label as an expanded album with extra tracks and outtakes.

Maybe 10 years ago. Not a realistic scenario in today's music retail climate.

Maybe, maybe not. They are putting out love songs, country songs, best of's, and other generic type releases,
so this retro anniversay album could be put out, but I agree, it probably wouldn't sell too many units.
But I don't think it's important enough to put out on FTD. LIke I said, maybe in about 5 years.
But the songs all will be covered in other FTD releases, so this is one that may and should
slip thru the cracks. Not too concerned here.
Last edited by ekenee on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

dannyboy1
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...

Post by dannyboy1 »

That version of "Tomorrow Night" (actually the first ever Elvis remix) is still unavailable elsewhere, so they might just do it at some stage. It wouldn't surprise me.

"The way you looked, the sound of your laughing..."

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
dannyboy1 wrote:That version of "Tomorrow Night" (actually the first ever Elvis remix) is still unavailable elsewhere, so they might just do it at some stage. It wouldn't surprise me.
Unavailable? :roll:, if I remember correctly it was included on the cd release of Elvis For Everyone :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Mike Windgren.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

Ernst's vision for the Classic Album series has expanded so much over the years. I'm pretty sure he'd like to put out "Elvis For Everyone", and I'm equally sure that fans would buy it. He's put out "Tickle Me" and "Standing Room Only". There was no real need for any of them. "Elvis For Everyone" at least was an original album.

I can picture this release right now. Remastered by Vic, Kevan or Sebastian. Lots of nice pictures. Different sleeves from the Chris Giles collection. An essay by Ernst on how the album came about and why it was released back then complete with original paperwork from the time.

Bring... it... ON!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

Johanesson

Post by Johanesson »

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote: I can picture this release right now. Remastered by Vic, Kevan or Sebastian. Lots of nice pictures. Different sleeves from the Chris Giles collection. An essay by Ernst on how the album came about and why it was released back then complete with original paperwork from the time.
Bring... it... ON!
With a bonus pink condom,if possible!
Thanks in advance,Ernst! :lol: It will be a great re-release.
Almost as good as "Tickle Me".

TCB-FAN

Post by TCB-FAN »

neckywoudje wrote:I was wondering what you think of an "Elvis For Everyone" release on FTD in the 12" series? I realise there would be duplication with other releases which represent these songs in their proper context (and it's a rather strange hodgepot of songs), but back in 1965 it was presented as a new non-sountrack album if i'm not mistaken.

Strange that RCA didn't release the 1963 album, in order to use it as bonus tracks, and two years later tried everything to release a non-soundtrack album like this. The album could have been stronger if they had used some of the 1963 recordings and new finds not used as bonus tracks yet, like Ask Me and Ain't That Loving You Baby, Tell Me Why and It Hurts Me

Now Ernst can use these tracks as new bonus tracks, after all they were released at the same time in the same vein as the album (vault search):

Original Album side 1

1. Your Cheatin' Heart
2. Summer Kisses, Winter Tears
3. Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers
4. In my way
5. Tomorrow Night
6. Memphis Tennessee

Original Album side 2

7. For The Millionth And The Last Time
8. Forget Me Never
9. Sound Advice
10. Santa Lucia
11. I Met Her Today
12. When It Rains, It Really Pours

New Bonus Songs

13. Wild In The Country (From UK version)
14. Ain't That Loving You Baby
15. Ask Me
16. It Hurts Me
17. Tell Me Why
18. Never Ending
19. Blue River

And some Alternate takes not available on the other releases...

I can imagine that RCA (at that time) didn't want to release tracks allready available as singles and save the succesfull ones for the Golden Records series, but they could have even used Night Life and Do The Vega instead of Sound Advice and Santa Lucia.

Still, this album is one of my personal favoutites, but only for sentimental reasons of course, as it was the first Elvis music i heard (Summer Kisses, Winter Tears turned me into a fan at age of 5 :D ).

I read in another post that the original stereo release had the mono songs reprocessed to fake stereo. Did you notice the difference in recording sessions when it was first released? I mean, Ernst states in the liner notes of the cd release that a perfectly trained ear may have detected the difference between the various recordings, but that it wasn't easy...since information regarding Elvis recording sessions wasn't available. Or didn't it matter, since it was finally something else that a soundtrack?

Thanks for your opinion....and of course I want the more essential stuff first too :D (but as an extra release, like Tickle Me, would be nice)...

Ernst' philosophy when producing an Elvis product..... If you make 'em, they will buy (regardless of what the product is). Hope that answers your question. :wink:
Last edited by TCB-FAN on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"If The Songs Don't Go Over With The Crowd, We Can Always Do A Medley Of Costumes."

Elvis A. Presley, 1970

keninlincs
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

Johanesson wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote: I can picture this release right now. Remastered by Vic, Kevan or Sebastian. Lots of nice pictures. Different sleeves from the Chris Giles collection. An essay by Ernst on how the album came about and why it was released back then complete with original paperwork from the time.
Bring... it... ON!
Is that Icelandic humour?

-instagram kenh1964

Suspicious Minds

Post by Suspicious Minds »

Which version would they release?
The US versions always get released and not the English versions.

UK 1965 version.
Elvis-Presley-Elvis-For-Everyon-133185-991.jpg
UK re-release in 1972.
Elvis-For-Eveyone 1972.jpg

The USA version.
Elvis For Everyone US.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Frank

Every man has a Flaming Star

ImageImageImage

keninlincs
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

keninlincs wrote:
Johanesson wrote:
Bring... it... ON!
Is that Icelandic humour?
Not Funny

-instagram kenh1964

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Ernst's vision for the Classic Album series has expanded so much over the years. I'm pretty sure he'd like to put out "Elvis For Everyone", and I'm equally sure that fans would buy it. He's put out "Tickle Me" and "Standing Room Only". There was no real need for any of them. "Elvis For Everyone" at least was an original album.

I can picture this release right now. Remastered by Vic, Kevan or Sebastian. Lots of nice pictures. Different sleeves from the Chris Giles collection. An essay by Ernst on how the album came about and why it was released back then complete with original paperwork from the time.

Bring... it... ON!

Keith Richards, Jr.
There ya go. FTD has catered to a lot of the fans lately so if they know they want Elvis For Everyone I'm sure they may accomodate them.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

Little Darlin, you are spot on. Thank you for keeping the perspective and being the voice of reason on this thread. Your contribution is much appreciated. :wink:

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Little Darlin, you are spot on. Thank you for keeping the perspective and being the voice of reason on this thread. Your contribution is much appreciated. :wink:

Keith Richards, Jr.
:lol:

However..I'm drawing the line at Elvis Sings for Babies........