Interview on "The Alternate Aloha"

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 7 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Re: Interview on "The Alternate Aloha"

Post by BigredG »

Wh - oh no we can't do that any more.

I was being ironic.

What's the proof that nails it as between the 2 shows John?

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Do search of my previous posts -- you'll find it.

When you do, feel free to post "thanks, Doc!" in this topic.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Ton Bruins
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Post by Ton Bruins »

And again because of he had "so many shows to do" Elvis' bad habbits are pushed aside...

Bodie
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Bodie »

Ton Bruins wrote:And again because of he had "so many shows to do" Elvis' bad habbits are pushed aside...
No, i think what some are trying to do is push aside the fact that Elvis was in fact tired, and the Doc is right....again.

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

drjohncarpenter wrote:Do search of my previous posts -- you'll find it.
Life's too short...................

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Topic author
Thomas
Registered for: 18 years 10 months

Post by Thomas »

drjohncarpenter wrote:That means Elvis had hit SIX shows in barely two days before the "Aloha" fun fest.
Hey Doc, nice move of you defending Elvis. But even this straining agenda doesn't account for a speech that is THAT slurred.

Let me ask you this: Would YOU talk that way if you were extremely tired? Does Roger Federer talk that way after an exhausting game? Do astronauts talk that way when they return from a mission?

No. If you're honest to yourself you must admit that there was more to his bad condition than just tiredness.Elvis was in well physical shape in 1972, and he'd had almost 12 hours to relax between his last DS and the announcement.

32 years after Elvis passed away, some of his fans still have trouble accepting the sad ending of Elvis' magical life story. But it must be accepted, and it must be accepted that it started as early as 1972.

Steve Morse
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Steve Morse »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:Wasn't there 5 shows in 2 nights that he had performed, as they added a 3:00 am show?
Close.

This was our hero's schedule the last three days of the Vegas engagement -- further supporting the "fatigue" aspect of the "Aloha" press announcement, and condemning the idea by management to schedule it when they did.

September 2, 1972 DS + MS + 3AM
September 3, 1972 DS + MS
September 4, 1972 DS
"Aloha" Announcement
September 4, 1972 MS

That means Elvis had hit SIX shows in barely two days before the "Aloha" fun fest.

Thanks, "Colonel" Parker.
I have no axe to grind, here, but Rex Martin who was in Vegas at the time assures me that the press conference was after the midnight show.

From the very first time I saw this conference, I had thought Elvis was 'unhinged' . . . the repeats of "it's very hard to comprehend". Maybe there were lots of contributing factors to his demeanour, as stated, but at the Hawaii conference later in the year he looked fantastic and projected humility.

I have not read in detail all the posts and this is not meant to be confrontational, Dr. C. I do not have evidence for Rex's assertions and have no intention of contacting him over this. Maybe he will read this topic and contribute.

Steve Morse

"Won't you sing me away to a summer night - let me hold her in my arms again"

BigredG
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

ColinB wrote:
I was reading a detailed analysis of this day(s) and it seemed that there was a lot of evidence to cast doubt on the between shows theory. But you are right Colin, life's too short to go wading through those 20,000+ posts for John's proof.

I wish I was more worthy. :mrgreen:

Bodie

Post by Bodie »

BigredG wrote:
ColinB wrote:
I was reading a detailed analysis of this day(s) and it seemed that there was a lot of evidence to cast doubt on the between shows theory. But you are right Colin, life's too short to go wading through those 20,000+ posts for John's proof.
Well you wouldnt need to go through the Doc's 20,000+ posts.

If there is something that your unsure of and you want learn anything from the Doc's knowledge just go into his profile, then where its got 'search users posts' in light blue, left click your mouse, then all of Doc's posts appear, now here is the clever bit, where it says 'search these results' on the right, there is a space where you can type in any individual word like say for instance 'Aloha' and surprise surpise, you have all the Doc's topics/posts where the word 'Aloha' appears.

Quite simple really once you get the hang of the forum. ::rocks

Topic author
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

That is, if you WANT to read Doc's posts :lol:
Only kidding Doc, only kidding.

Ton Bruins

Post by Ton Bruins »

Thomas wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:That means Elvis had hit SIX shows in barely two days before the "Aloha" fun fest.
Hey Doc, nice move of you defending Elvis. But even this straining agenda doesn't account for a speech that is THAT slurred.

Let me ask you this: Would YOU talk that way if you were extremely tired? Does Roger Federer talk that way after an exhausting game? Do astronauts talk that way when they return from a mission?

No. If you're honest to yourself you must admit that there was more to his bad condition than just tiredness.Elvis was in well physical shape in 1972, and he'd had almost 12 hours to relax between his last DS and the announcement.

32 years after Elvis passed away, some of his fans still have trouble accepting the sad ending of Elvis' magical life story. But it must be accepted, and it must be accepted that it started as early as 1972.
Hallelujah ! 100% agree. If I sound like that when I am tired at 37 I would see a doctor at once..a normal doctor that is of course...lol..

stevelecher
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by stevelecher »

Elvis was in a heavy period of drug abuse by this time and, fatigue or not, this is a factor in his appearance at this press conference.

It is more remarkable how clear he is at the Madison Square Garden conference. The "On Tour" outtakes show him to be medicated throughout that period but the rest before Madison Square must have done him some good.

Steve Lecher

Ton Bruins

Post by Ton Bruins »

Bodie wrote:
Ton Bruins wrote:And again because of he had "so many shows to do" Elvis' bad habbits are pushed aside...
No, i think what some are trying to do is push aside the fact that Elvis was in fact tired, and the Doc is right....again.
You are kidding right ?

Bodie

Post by Bodie »

Ton Bruins wrote:
Bodie wrote:
You are kidding right ?
Not at all.

The interview and the time it took place indicates it was more due to tiredness than medication he had took.

That said, it could have been a mixture of both of them hence the Doc's quote as 'Elvis was Primarily TIRED' which i would agree on.

DarrylMac

Post by DarrylMac »

he'd had almost 12 hours to relax between his last DS and the announcement.
No, if it was in between dinner, and midnight shows, then he can only have had maybe half an hour to an hour - no more than that.

If it's after the midnight show, that's worse - it means he's done 2 shows in the space of 4 hours, and is then facing the media.

Ton Bruins

Post by Ton Bruins »

Bodie wrote:
Ton Bruins wrote:
Bodie wrote:
You are kidding right ?
Not at all.

The interview and the time it took place indicates it was more due to tiredness than medication he had took.

That said, it could have been a mixture of both of them hence the Doc's quote as 'Elvis was Primarily TIRED' which i would agree on.
OK, whatever you say...he was on medication, believe me...

Bodie

Post by Bodie »

Ton Bruins wrote:
Bodie wrote:
Ton Bruins wrote:
Bodie wrote:
You are kidding right ?
Not at all.

OK, whatever you say...he was on medication, believe me...
OK, whatever you say.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Thomas wrote:That is, if you WANT to read Doc's posts :lol:
Only kidding Doc, only kidding.
You have nailed it :smt002

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

This if what this forum has come down to, whether or not Elvis was medicated in between shows, pretty sad!

Xaykev
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by Xaykev »

Elvis was on medication. If people can't see the difference of being tired (even though he probably was tired too) with being on medication, then you have a problem. And look at the outtakes from 'On Tour', Elvis does look medicated on many of them. Elvis is absolutely in no way completely out of it, but something surely is wrong. And this is on an Aloha press conference. It really tells how bad things were starting to get, already in '72.

I miss you, Elvis!

Ton Bruins

Post by Ton Bruins »

Joe Car wrote:This if what this forum has come down to, whether or not Elvis was medicated in between shows, pretty sad!
You are right Joe, it's not that important at all..it was his choice but don't tell me that he wan't on some medication during the seventies..especially during this conference or during different shows..We must just stop denying that, that's all for me..we had some interesting shows because he was on medication, you know what I mean..It's interesting and fascinating but to say that he was just tired...That makes me no less Elvis fan what so ever..He is The King for me, fantastic voice, fantastic person, fantastic songs, fantastic shows..but he was on medication for a long time and that killed him, just 42 years old..

Topic author
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Joe Car wrote:This if what this forum has come down to, whether or not Elvis was medicated in between shows, pretty sad!
If I remember it correctly, this discussion has been started by those who say he was absolutely clean, not by those who know that there was drug abuse involved (and don't give another thought about it).

Bodie

Post by Bodie »

Your right Joe, the most important thing we should be discussing about that interview is why Parker would make Elvis do such an interview. :twisted:

Tells us more about what Parker thought about Elvis than anything else.

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

Bodie wrote:

Your right Joe, the most important thing we should be discussing about that interview is why Parker would make Elvis do such an interview. :twisted:

You're right, also 5 shows in two nights was unacceptable, and wore our guy out!

Ton Bruins

Post by Ton Bruins »

Joe Car wrote:
Bodie wrote:

You're right, also 5 shows in two nights was unacceptable, and wore our guy out!
Now the colonel is to blame ? Come on...He could have take another manager anytime..Elvis was there and made the choices..nothing to do with Parker..