Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

What's the all-time best Sounboard label?

Fort Baxter
48%
Fort Baxter
3%
Madison
3%
Madison
No votes
DAE / Luxor
24%
Bilko
No votes
Rock Legends
7%
DAE / Luxor
No votes
Bilko
7%
Famous Groove
No votes
Vicky
No votes
Rock Legends
No votes
Famous Groove
No votes
Another one:
No votes
Capt. Marvel Jr.
No votes
LoneStar
No votes
Another one:
7%

Total votes : 29

What's the all-time best "import" label?

Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:36 pm

First of all I'd like to thank all those people behind the releases of all the bootlegs. They really stuck their necks out for us -the fans- and forced BMG to come up with an alternative (FTD).

My question is: what import label do you consider 'the best'. What label has released the most interesting shows or studiomaterial, or what label paid the most attention to beautiful packing, or what label gives us the best possible soundquality?
Last edited by Albert on Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:42 pm

I'd go for Fort Baxter. Their releases are mostly good-sounding and with very interesting material. Their releases are benchmarks for all other soundboard labels.

Madison has (in my opinion) the best looking releases. Their artwork is stunning. They also have a couple of very interesting releases (like Event Number 8).

For studio-material releases I think Bilko is on a lonely top. Their "There's Always Me" boxsets, the TTWII outtakes, the GI Blues Anniversary releases, they are all milestones and must-haves.

What I dislike are all those audiencerecordings that are running on the wrong speed with horrible artwork. Those releases have obviously nothing to do with being a fan. Cheap way to grab a buck..

Guys (and girls?), I just can't thank you enough for all the pleasure that you gave me with your releases :D

Albert

Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:16 pm

My vote goes for DAE.
They have some classic releases.
The sound quality on the DAE imports is exceptional across the board.

Check these babies out:

Luxor also put out some great product.
All I can say is thank-god for these people!!!

Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:50 pm

To me it is Fort Baxter.

Great concerts and a great sound. Even the last ones wich were rehearsels were also very very good.

Only minor for FB is the artwork, many of them are in cd single sleeves. Wich is a shame.

For that DAE/Luxor is number 2 with also great soundboards and very good artwork

Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:42 pm

I find it very hard too choose because so many labels have released great soundboards.

For the best sound I choose: DAE/Luxor
For the best design it´s: DAE/LUXOR, with Madison as a close second
For the best content it´s: Fort Baxter, with Madison as a close second

Thu May 01, 2003 3:12 am

The best overall "import" label to me is still Fort Baxter. They were the first to release the crucially important "If You Talk in Your Sleep" on soundboard, with that great opening show from august 1974. The one that was later released on the "From Sunset Blvd. to Paradise Road" release (cd2). And of course they had many more fantastic releases such as the two "Brightest Star..." releases -they must be among the most enjoyable and exciting 2 Elvis cd's ever released by any label- and "Elvis at Full Blast". In fact every FB release has something to offer.

DAE/Luxor is a good second, superb sound (though with added echo effects, but this doesn't detract from listening pleasure) and mostly good-great concerts like "Here I go Again". I also like Madison (professional looking product) because they take care in offering a good product and of course Luxor is up there too with amongst others one of the most enjoyable concerts on cd: "Guaranteed to blow your mind". Probably the best 1974 concert thusfar on cd anywhere. FTD could learn something from DAE as far as digipacks are concerned (trifold digipack).

I haven't seen anyone mentioning Rock Legends, but I like their releases too and while they may not be up there with Baxter or DAE, they offer good and (mostly :) ) honest product. Example: "Night Fever in Vegas" 2cd.

There are other good to great labels, but overall they are more hit-or-miss in their products.