Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

This is Our Dance

Fri May 22, 2009 7:51 am

Almost midnight here. Working late on my laptop. Been watching and listening to this youtube clip. I haven't heard this song in quite awhile. I forgot what a beautiful masterpiece this is (in my humble opinion)!! Very relaxing to listen to over and over. Anyone else feel this way about this song?

Thanks...

Re: This is Our Dance

Fri May 22, 2009 7:56 am

Vinnie Terranova wrote:Almost midnight here. Working late on my laptop. Been watching and listening to this youtube clip. I haven't heard this song in quite awhile. I forgot what a beautiful masterpiece this is (in my humble opinion)!! Very relaxing to listen to over and over. Anyone else feel this way about this song?

Thanks...

Not exactly.

Fri May 22, 2009 8:11 am

To each his own...

Fri May 22, 2009 8:18 am

Vinnie,

If you are enjoying the song, if it gives you great satisfaction, that's what it's all about about sir.

The whole wide world of Elvis music, be it good, bad, indifferent, is an open book and all is welcome.

For me personally, I don't particulary like the record, I think it just doesn't suite Elvis, IMHO, but more power to you if you get pleasure from the experience.

Take Care ...

Fri May 22, 2009 8:26 am

Very true minkahed. Elvis covered the gamut with different styles, and we all interpret and appreciate them differently.

Fri May 22, 2009 8:57 am

Not a fan of this particular song, maybe because the whole original LP was a major disappointment (save GOT MY MOJO WORKIN´). Anyway, if you like it, then (as minkahed said) "more power to you".

Fri May 22, 2009 9:30 am

Oh, if I were only a writer. The story behind this song.
Way too hot for this message board. Tales of erotica.
A beautiful blonde and myself.....Beauty And The Beast.
Bodies presssed together during the song "This Is Our
Dance". But you know a love like that can't last......

Maybe I've said too much.....
Don't any of you dare ask.

Fri May 22, 2009 9:54 am

Vinnie Terranova wrote:Almost midnight here. Working late on my laptop. Been watching and listening to this youtube clip. I haven't heard this song in quite awhile. I forgot what a beautiful masterpiece this is (in my humble opinion)!! Very relaxing to listen to over and over. Anyone else feel this way about this song?

Thanks...

Yep I sure do! He sings it just beautifully. Apart from Let it be Me,I think it's one of the most romantic songs Elvis ever sang.

Great way to start the day -- thanks Vinnie!

phpBB [video]

Fri May 22, 2009 10:22 am

Little Darlin wrote:

Thanks...

Yep I sure do! He sings it just beautifully.
phpBB [video]

There is something in his voice, that apart from the song itself, makes me dislike it very much. It does not sound like he is having a great time or enjoying the song. I have hardly any knowledge about Tom Jones, but somehow i would figure he would do a better job on this song. Did he sing it as well, LD?

Fri May 22, 2009 10:35 am

Thanks...

It's on my top 10 list too. One of my absolute favourites from the seventies. And I mean it!

Jan

Fri May 22, 2009 10:49 am

You´re welcome to enjoy the song, but I can´t stand it.

Regards//Björn

Fri May 22, 2009 10:55 am

I love the song. Elvis sings it brilliantly. One of the few waltzes he cut. I enjoy most of the Love Letters from Elvis album. I don’t like "Heart of Rome" and "Life", but the rest of the album is very much to my liking.

Fri May 22, 2009 10:58 am

I think it´s the worst song Elvis recorded in the 70:s but if somebody else like it, good for them!

Lennart

Fri May 22, 2009 11:01 am

You cannot seriously think it’s worse than "Life" or "Padre", can you?

Fri May 22, 2009 1:42 pm

I really like 'This Is Our Dance' and I don't care if it is schmaltzy!

Fri May 22, 2009 2:06 pm

Freddy Freeman wrote:Vinnie - we all have our own individual tastes, and if 'This Is Our Dance' floats your boat that's fine by me. However, I've always thought that this song is the type of schmaltz (a word that's been used a good few times on this MB recently) that Elvis really ought to have steered clear of like the plague. It's the type of material that was best left to the likes of Engelbert Humperdinck and Tom Jones (no offence intended, LD :) ), not "The King of Rock 'n' Roll".

None taken FF. I only throw my toys out of my pram when people make uninformed comments about Sir Tom

I've never heard Sir Tom sing this epf but I'd love to be proved wrong.

Fri May 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Life is wonderful and I love to waltz.

Fri May 22, 2009 2:43 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:You cannot seriously think it’s worse than "Life" or "Padre", can you?

Yes I can although "Padre" is almost as bad!

Lennart

Fri May 22, 2009 3:05 pm

To me it is a nice song, tenderly sung, and refreshingly is not about the heartache side of love like so many other 70's songs.

Fri May 22, 2009 3:26 pm

Elvisbert Presleydink. 'Nuff said?

Fri May 22, 2009 3:29 pm

Thanks...

Yes i like this song !....what can i say im a romantic man :smt007
One of my favorites from the '70
Sincerely
Lior

Fri May 22, 2009 3:29 pm

Thanks...

Sincerely
Lior

Fri May 22, 2009 3:42 pm

california boy wrote:

Thanks...

Sincerely
Lior

Same here Lior - very addicting and relaxing melody to me...

Fri May 22, 2009 4:03 pm

It's ok.

Fri May 22, 2009 6:35 pm

"This type of schmaltz" is something we see Elvis attracted to from 1953 onward.

It's not an award winner by any means, but it is pretty, it's a waltz, and people like it. As I've stated in the past, I get a very strong (positive) response when I play it on the radio.

(Insert wise-ass remark about my audience here.)

For me, This Is Our Dance contains one captivating line. "And when I hear you whisper you're mine, we'll play that song, just one more time." He sings it so beautifully. It's just very pleasing to my ears.