Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: EIC CBS broadcast

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:29 am

[b]Elvis In Concert shouldnt have been filmed in my opinion -

Its so heartbreaking to see Elvis very sick and being helped along with his friends before his appearance and after -

Its a real tear jerker to see how some one at the tender age of 42 - being so sick -

Elvis was human ok - and fame and fortune engulfed him -

Fame overtook his life - He seemed to be less enthusiastic I think to previous shows - from previous years -

Many here may have their own opinions - this is cool with me -

evry one has their own opinion on this era -

I seriously believe and i may have said this many times - Elvis should have been taking rest during this time to get ready for upcoming concerts later that year - '77 - but this never took place -

Elvis was overcome with challenges during his career and this was surely a challenge for him to over come his fears and I think he was proving himself yet again that he could attract several audiences with his act -

Its so sad tos ee him struggle at some points during the shows at Omaha (19th June 77 ) and Rapid City -(21st June '77 )
Tears have welled up when I saw this show on Tv when it was broadcasted in the latter part of '77 On TV . It has come out on several videos and dvds on the Import market several times -

I consider this to be a sad era for any Elvis fan , just like me to see this -

But again saying this - this is a part of Elvis story and concert era - Its a travesty and sadness to see my / our Idol who we dearly love - going thru this June '77 concert tour -

[/b]
Last edited by karlos on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:54 pm

Elvis had plenty of time to rest after the June tour....and what good did it do him? Did he use it as a time to rid himself of bad habits? Improve his health? Take a good long look at himself and what he was doing to himself? Yeah, we all love the thought of "if he had just taken some time off, things would've gotten better". He had no interest in recording anymore, rehearsing didn't appeal to him, but I think he still enjoyed performing for the fans. I think that was about the only thing he DID enjoy in the final years.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:20 pm

Lonely Summer wrote:Elvis had plenty of time to rest after the June tour...

This is a very naïve view, one which many here hold.

By June 1977, Elvis Presley did not need time to "rest," he needed to be in a professional facility to deal with some very serious issues of addiction and mental health. But there was nothing or no one that could get him to this place of recovery. Dr. Drew was only 18 years old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Pinsky

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:06 am

midnightx wrote:
minkahed wrote:
mike Edwards wrote:Yeah.You gotta feel sad for Elvis at this time. A very rapid drop in health. Stuff caught up with him really fast.

The transformation of Elvis Presley from 1975 to 1976, (I mean absolutely no disrespect his memory), is horrifying, actually.

Yes it is, both professionally and personally. It is a very tragic story. Sadly he was never able to rebound.

Yes, Elvis aged 10 years in that span! He was headed for the cliff. Elvis needed a major intervention by his friends, family, doctors, lawyers and most importantly the Colonel!

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:21 am

Jokerlola wrote:
midnightx wrote:
minkahed wrote:
mike Edwards wrote:Yeah.You gotta feel sad for Elvis at this time. A very rapid drop in health. Stuff caught up with him really fast.

The transformation of Elvis Presley from 1975 to 1976, (I mean absolutely no disrespect his memory), is horrifying, actually.

Yes it is, both professionally and personally. It is a very tragic story. Sadly he was never able to rebound.

Yes, Elvis aged 10 years in that span! He was headed for the cliff. Elvis needed a major intervention by his friends, family, doctors, lawyers and most importantly the Colonel!

I know you mean well but even though Elvis was in dire straits in 1977 he wouldn't Let anyone intervene. He wasn't that kinda guy. If someone in the group carefully said something he'd explode and say everything was okay. And if you didn't like the way things were he said you knew where to find the way out. What you gonna do if a 42 year old man reacts like that?
They couldn't tie him up and deliver him to a hospital could they? Not his friends, not his family, not his doctors not his lawyers and not the Colonel, no-one. They were literally helpless. Only Elvis could have helped Elvis.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:24 am

Simon1 wrote:
Jokerlola wrote:
midnightx wrote:
minkahed wrote:

I know you mean well but even though Elvis was in dire straits in 1977 he wouldn't Let anyone intervene. He wasn't that kinda guy. If someone in the group carefully said something he'd explode and say everything was okay. And if you didn't like the way things were he said you knew where to find the way out. What you gonna do if a 42 year old man reacts like that?
They couldn't tie him up and deliver him to a hospital could they? Not his friends, not his family, not his doctors not his lawyers and not the Colonel, no-one. They were literally helpless. Only Elvis could have helped Elvis.

Elvis's father and Priscilla (when he was married to her) had the power to have him committed against his will to a rehab facility. Elvis voluntary underwent detox in 73 so he probably could have done it again. If all of his doctors and dentists had gotten together and intervened he may have been saved. But he biggest key here was the Colonel. He had the ultimate power to do something and he didn't.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:25 am

Jokerlola wrote:Elvis's father and Priscilla (when he was married to her) had the power to have him committed against his will to a rehab facility.

Against his will? What legal power did they have that they chose not to use?