Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:52 am

I've yet to receive copies of these, so my reply is based on your transcription. The silver box progression seems more logical.

Plus, history has shown Ernst jumbles around takes in order to provide a better listening experience. And I doubt that Joan Deary cared to take the time to splice things around for the silver box.

Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:29 am

It is my opinion that the FTD releases goal is to have the master takes re-remastered. The extra stuff...is just extra. Not that I don't appreciate the time you took to write out your post. I am just amazed that they took the time to do the soundtracks again. Thank you thank you Ernst/Sermon/RCA/BMG and whoever else I need to thank.

Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:44 am

hows the sound on that cd "worlds fair"

curtis simpkins

Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:52 am

thanks keith
i well try to get these then.

curtis simpkins

Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:59 am

I do see your point, and the idea of spliced chatter bugs me!! BUT we know it is there. Anyway, just commenting. Though, again, you have a excellent post, and I appreciate you writing out the contents. With a little help from the Silver Box set and boots, I hope you can assemble close to completion of the whole session. I am sure you already know this, but you will never have it all. We are so lucky to have what we have!

Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:13 am

>but he [Ernst] hasn't (as far as I know) juggled beginnings of takes
>and spliced them to other takes has he?

Yes he has. Others can provide specific proof.

I don't think Joan Deary ever did that.

Sun May 11, 2003 7:12 am

Hey Colin B, what's your slant on this oddity ?

Dr John, have you got you FTD's yet, or are they still coming ?

This I'm Falling In Love Tonight saga is very strange, we need 'Ask Ernst' back so bad.

Sun May 11, 2003 8:05 am

did Ernst say he don't believe in spliced songs
like the original "a big hunk o love"
that spliced version made the charts and the unspliced
on the elv1s cd.

so now he splicing outtake that dont make any sents.

and no Joan Deary never did do something like this.
she might leave some out. but never splicing takes.

Sun May 11, 2003 8:21 am

Didn't you say 'I told him not to splice, just leave them as they are', I thought you also said, 'see he listens to me'. Does this now mean he no longer listens to you ? :shock:

Sun May 11, 2003 12:46 pm

Ray -

I think the 'Elvis Aron Presley' [The Silver Box] set has the correct take order for "I'm Falling In Love Tonight'.

I know Ernst likes to put the complete take at the end, but why he goes to such lengths to re-arrange the studio chat is a mystery !

Colin B

Sun May 11, 2003 7:14 pm

This has come up many times before. Yes, Ernst spices and cuts. I have sited examples before. Sometimes the splices prove to be very nice. What i would like to see is Ernst tell us which is being spiced. I for one like it un-cut. Some of his edits we will never know because we have no comparison. Again this is supposed to be a collecters label, so no more edits.

Mon May 19, 2003 9:18 am

Keith -

The FTD is the edited edition -- for the reasons I cited above.

Note that other tracks have the takes jumbled -- in the case of "I'm Falling In Love" on FTD, it's basically just a text error. A disclaimer might have helped.

Tue May 20, 2003 6:53 am

Am I the only one on planet earth who doesn't have the latest FTD's yet?

jeff R

Tue May 20, 2003 6:56 am

jeffreyjames wrote:Am I the only one on planet earth who doesn't have the latest FTD's yet?

jeff R

YES

Tue May 20, 2003 10:20 pm

Jeff,

You're not the only one. I keep going to the post office everyday, hoping, and then I check the mail and nothings there :cry: I'm getting very impatient I really hope it's here tomorrow or the next day. If not I'm going to be very, very mad. :evil:

-GEORGE. :x

Wed May 21, 2003 2:01 am

Kingtiger0321,
Where did you order your FTD's from?

RKS

Wed May 21, 2003 6:06 am

RKS,

I ordered them from this site. I'm sure it's just a mail delay. Sometimes the mail is slow, especially up here in Maine. However, If I don't see the CD's tomorrow I'm going to kidnap the mail woman. :twisted: :lol:

I've ordered from here before and they are usually pretty fast.

oh well,

-GEORGE. :?

Wed May 21, 2003 7:41 am

Still not here!! I sent payment on April 16 for the four latest FTD's.
How patient can a person be?
I simply can't wait much longer.

jeff R

Wed May 21, 2003 7:49 am

Man these are great releases, you must be pulling yor hair out by now.
:cry:
Have you e-mailed them to chase them up? :)

8)

Thu May 22, 2003 3:51 am

Finally got mine today :P :D , just as I suspected, there was a problem with the post office, they put the ticket in the wrong box. Oh well I got them now and I must say, I can't believe what I'm looking at. They are simply the best.

-GEORGE. :D

Thu May 22, 2003 4:00 am

That sort of thing with post offices really p1sses me off. When you're waiting impatiently for something and they've had it for days.
Well at last you have it, aint it great.

:D

Thu May 22, 2003 7:16 am

I finally got mine today, too. They sure do look great. Can't wait to blast 'em tomorrow.

jeff R