Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Some classic Elvis songs from the soundtracks

Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:06 pm

Although the soundtrack albums were not so much critical success' for Elvis (mainly from 1962 on) there were still a number of songs that standout (in my mind) as excellent performances. They are often overlooked as having any kind of significant impact on Elvis' overall catalog of music. I think there are some important performances that have there place in Elvis history:

I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here (FIA)
They Remind Me Too Much Of You (IHATWF)
Beyond The Bend (IHATWF)
Puppet On A String (GH)
Follow That Dream (FTD... duh!)
What A Wonderful Life (FTD)
Spinout (ummm...)
Wild In The Country (WITC)
In My Way (WITC)
Forget Me Never (WITC)
Lonely Man (WITC)
I Slipped, I Stumbled, I Fell (WITC)
Today, Tomorrow & Forever (duet - VLV)
If You Think I Don't Need You (VLV)
Riding A Rainbow (KG)
I Got Lucky (KG)
Home Is Where The Heart Is (KG)
Let Yourself Go (S)
Let Us Pray (COH)
Summer Kisses, Winter Tears (FS)

I know there are more but these are few of some of the better soundtrack selections.

MORE FAVS

Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:16 pm

Nice list! I'll add a few more:
City By Night
Shake, That Tambourine
Hey Little Girl
Stop, Look And Listen
Girls! Girls! Girls!
Plantation Rock
Animal Instinct
Shoppin’ Around
Doin’ The Best I Can
Pockefull Of Rainbows
Beach Boy Blues
Steppin’ Out Of Line
Do Not Disturb
Relax
I’m Falling In Love Tonight
King Of The Whole Wide World
No More
This Is My Heaven
Sand Castles
Shout It Out
Barefoot Ballad
Stay Away
Goin’ Home

Just a few

Re: Some classic Elvis songs from the soundtracks

Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:14 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
[...]
I know there are more but these are few of some of the better soundtrack selections.

Are you asking for classic Elvis songs from the soundtracks or "some of the better soundtrack selections"?? The songs listed are probably some of the better but except for Follow That Dream, Wild In The Country and probably I Slipped, I Stumbled, I Fell I don't think the songs are "classic Elvis songs". I like most of them though.

From bajo's list the only songs that come close to being classic are Girls! Girls! Girls!, No More and probably King Of The Whole Wide World. Just my two Euro-Cents ...

Re: Some classic Elvis songs from the soundtracks

Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:21 pm

see-see-rider wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:
[...]

Are you asking for classic Elvis songs from the soundtracks or "some of the better soundtrack selections"?? The songs listed are probably some of the better but except for Follow That Dream, Wild In The Country and probably I Slipped, I Stumbled, I Fell I don't think the songs are "classic Elvis songs". I like most of them though.

From bajo's list the only songs that come close to being classic are Girls! Girls! Girls!, No More and probably King Of The Whole Wide World. Just my two Euro-Cents ...

I think what I was going for with this is songs where Elvis actually made an effort. They are certainly not classics in the "Heartbreak Hotel" or "Mystery Train" sense of the word but as I stated, I do believe they have there place in Elvis' catalog other than just being part of crummy soundtracks.