Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

"Freight Trains - Elvis Folk" - Some cover art

Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:23 pm

Hi everybody,

since everybody's posting cover art at the moment, I'd like to add a little something myself! :D

It's been a while since we talked about an imaginary 1971 "Elvis Folk" album. Elvis started recording for something that could/should have been the successor to I'm 10.000 Years Old - Elvis Country. Unfortunately that album has never been finished though. BTW there's a great essay about this on rockinrebel's website!

So I tried to produce that "could have been" album myself, it's called "Freight Trains - Elvis Folk". I also tried to create a little cover art for it. Hope you like it.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:55 pm

Absolutely superb, S-S-R. More than a few people viewing this board will be creating this CD. I have never attempted to collect the folk-tinged songs together, but this would make a great budget or even mainstream release from BMG.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:11 pm

That is one hell of a piece of work, CC!!!
Excellent shot through the gates... I like how it faces the blvd instead of the mansion grounds.
I am not, however, all that keen on the concept of this album.
It certain works, mind you... the layout of the tracks certainly have rhyme and reason to them.
It's just personal opinion but there are only a couple of songs on the album that appeal to me.
Anyway, excellent cover art!!! Man, you could probably market that thing... oops! I didn't say that!!!

Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:38 pm

Absolutely GREAT cover!

Thanks,
Sonny

Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:43 pm

If this album had been released God forbid that it would have had such a poor cover.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:52 pm

Spellbinder wrote:If this album had been released God forbid that it would have had such a poor cover.

Spellboy... hmmm...
Ah, what's the point?

Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:02 pm

A hell of a job!
It really rocks.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:02 pm

I've got to be honest. I think the cover looks average. But that is just my opinion :D