Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Joe Esposito DVD worth it?

Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:14 am

Guys,

I'm hoping you can help me. My local HMV has a copy of the Joe Esposito DVD in. Is it woth the £20? What new footage, if any, is on it?

Many thanks.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:40 am

I don't know what footage is considered 'new' but I bought it very cheap in the US when I was over there this summer and was then disappointed when I got it home. I personally thought is was a waste of money - no new information, mainly just Joe talking over a load of old photos. Save your money for something more worthwhile is my view.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:24 pm

If it is the "His Best Friend Remembers" DVD , it is ok to watch but I certainly wouldn't bother spending 20 quid on it, if you do want to add it to your collection they are regularly on Ebay at much cheaper prices.

Re: Joe Esposito DVD worth it?

Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:09 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Guys,

I'm hoping you can help me. My local HMV has a copy of the Joe Esposito DVD in. Is it woth the £20? What new footage, if any, is on it?

Many thanks.

Check http://www.play.com. They've got that dvd with a lot cheaper price and no delivery costs.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:11 pm

DarrylMac,

The DVD is pretty good with tons of pictures. However, Joe's commentary gets real old, real quick. To be honest, I have only watched it one time. Also, it sells for about $6.00 here in the states, so don't pay too much for it over there.

Tom

Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:30 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:DarrylMac,

The DVD is pretty good with tons of pictures. However, Joe's commentary gets real old, real quick. To be honest, I have only watched it one time. Also, it sells for about $6.00 here in the states, so don't pay too much for it over there.

Tom

Right Tom!
I mean, how many different ways can you tell the same story?
I think I paid $19.99 CDN for it. I enjoyed it but I also have only watched it once or twice.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:45 pm

I thought it was enjoyable, but nothing spectacular. Some of the pictures in it are really good, I wished there could have been more private home video footage though or something.

What I didn't like was the impersonator stuff and some of the strange people they had on there as "bonuses". I thought that stuff came off bad and made Elvis fans look weird.

Probably my favorite part of the whole video was that "Cry Like Memphis" music video they had at the end. I thought that was awesome. I've been looking for somewhere to get that song, but haven't seen it anywhere for purchase or download.

Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:59 pm

Not worth 20 pounds at all. When you finish watching the DVD, you feel like "that's all?"

Dont pay too much, try ebay or other places.

Francesc

Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:34 pm

I must say that there was some different black and white film footage of Elvis. I think the whole Doc was made around this...hence from Joe's "personal" collection.