Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:57 pm

Joe Lightcloud wrote:I think the first album I got hold of... was The US Male

I remember more or less wearing it out especially the last track on side 2

Yes! I remember that. Burning Love, right? I can't really remember a lot of the other tracks even though I played the record all the time as a kid. US Male was one track I liked too. It had some movie tracks on it, if I remember correctly.

US MALE!

Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:01 pm

Hello!

The first Elvis record i bought was also the US MALE!!
I remember it was in a rack by the checkout in my local food store!!

The track listing is-
Side 1
U.S MALE
WE'LL BE TOGETHER
IT'S A MATTER OF TIME
LET'S FORGET ABOUT THE STARS
MY LITTLE FRIEND

Side 2
IF I'M A FOOL (FOR LOVING YOU)
I'LL TAKE LOVE
TODAY,TOMORROW AND FOREVER
LET'S BE FRIENDS
NO MORE
BURNING LOVE

I played it so much ,even today if i'm listening to one of those songs on another cd i still expect the next song to be whatever is on that album!!!

I loved all those Camden/Pickwick albums.I suppose that's why most of us will always have a special place for Elvis' movie songs!!

Keep Rockin' ELVIS

Timboy!

Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:27 pm

I'm happy to say that RCA's "Elvis' Golden Records" (Vol. 1) did it for me, as well as New York City's Channel 7 (WABC-TV), which would have an "Elvis week" on the "4:30 Movie" in the afternoon.

But, yes, Camden played a role, too. For me, it was mainly Camden's "Pickwick" records and 8-tracks. All of the above mentioned were fun (especially "Almost in Love," "Let's Be Friends," "Flaming Star," "I Got Lucky," and particularly, the two-fer "Double Dynamite" - complete with a cover identical to the original Live New York / MSG concert! It had everything from "Burning Love" to "I'll Be There" to an elongated "Mama."

While some Camden / Pickwicks are border-line good releases, mostly, it's nostalgia that recommends these otherwise heavily flawed, even absurd releases.