Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis, King and X

Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:50 am

1Sixstring wrote:Sorry by the way. I've done some trolling and reading but this is my first foray at posting.
I will get my profile with a picture updated to help eliminate confusion in the future :-)

I think you mean "lurking." That means reading but not posting. Ever since I started on Usenet in '96, in a software developer group, I learned that one SHOULD "lurk" for a while before posting, but I never could do that: when the conversation is interesting, I "raise my hand." And even go "ooh, ooh, ooh!" hoping to be "called on" like in school! Old habit. Anyways, "trolling" means something else entirely! And I'm sure you didn't mean that.

Welcome! ::rocks

rjm

Re: Elvis, King and X

Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:57 am

rjm wrote:
1Sixstring wrote:Sorry by the way. I've done some trolling and reading but this is my first foray at posting.
I will get my profile with a picture updated to help eliminate confusion in the future :-)

I think you mean "lurking." That means reading but not posting. Ever since I started on Usenet in '96, in a software developer group, I learned that one SHOULD "lurk" for a while before posting, but I never could do that: when the conversation is interesting, I "raise my hand." And even go "ooh, ooh, ooh!" hoping to be "called on" like in school! Old habit. Anyways, "trolling" means something else entirely! And I'm sure you didn't mean that.

Welcome! ::rocks

rjm

Yes indeed! :lol: Lurking is perhaps what I should have said. I've been reading some interesting things on various subjects here, but hadn't felt I had anything to add...until this, that is. But now that I have dipped my foot into the waters I will start to join the swim more often.

Thanks for the Welcome by the way.