Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Presley in Concert Rapid City June 21, 1977

Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:52 am

I recently bought the pro-vcd which is suppose to be digitally remastered. But I had this in the dvd player and my vhs tape I bought years ago going at the same time switching back and forth to see the difference. Well wouldnt you know it the picture quality of the vhs is much better :roll: I also saw someone selling a dvd copy of this digitally remastered footage and it was up to $81.00 :shock: I personally dont think its worth the money and wish I would have stuck with the vhs. Anybody else have bad experience with pro-vcds??

Thanks,
Jennifer :wink:

Fri May 02, 2003 4:38 pm

As I understand it there is a certain amount of compression (loss of picture quality) necessary to transfer movies to the VCD format. It’s also worth considering how many generations down the line the original video that was used for the transfer was.
A DVD copy that used the VCD as it’s source material couldn’t possibly be any better, but A DVD taken from the best available video of these outtakes would be better quality, and may even show a slight improvement over the original video tape, particularly if attention has been paid to the colour balance, as most videos of the CBS out takes do suffer from too much colour. Obviously it’s a great help if the seller/trader is honest about the contents of the disc