Second coffin picture lost or missing ?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

epf

Re: Second coffin picture lost or missing ?

Post by epf »

Monique wrote:So the angle IS slightly different. The background is different too, but that's not hard to do. Changing the angle of a picture is more difficult...if possible.

I've never doubted his death, but these pictures aren't very convincing.
Indeed. The different backgrounds would mean that the pictures would have been taken in different rooms/spaces. (the slightly different angle does not make up for the rather different background.)
To come up with two pictures with a different angle and a different background while the face remains the same is just impossible.
What gives?

Tony Trout
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Tony Trout »

memphisflash wrote:OK folks, I tell you one more time ;-) I've seen the original photo (a dia frame btw), in glorious color, and what you see, is about 10 to 20% of the photo- the whole room, and complete coffin was to be seen - it's been cropped from the original, copied, retouched and copied again, that's why, wrinkles are missing, angles looks different and so on - there is ONE picture, in color - you wouldn't believe it if you saw it ....

Peter,

You've nailed it, I think. There is only one (1) picture - there aren't two or three different pictures of Elvis in the casket!

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

elvisjock
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Post by elvisjock »

memphisflash wrote:OK folks, I tell you one more time ;-) I've seen the original photo (a dia frame btw), in glorious color, and what you see, is about 10 to 20% of the photo- the whole room, and complete coffin was to be seen - it's been cropped from the original, copied, retouched and copied again, that's why, wrinkles are missing, angles looks different and so on - there is ONE picture, in color - you wouldn't believe it if you saw it ....
(a dia frame)..What does this mean?

In the original, can you tell that it's him?

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

epf

Post by epf »

Tony Trout wrote:

Peter,

You've nailed it, I think. There is only one (1) picture - there aren't two or three different pictures of Elvis in the casket!
The article that started this thread seems to indicate otherwise. Given its source, i am inclined to believe there is more than one picture. Whether or not they are genuine is another story.

Memphisflash, where, when and how did you see the original?
(and why?)

memphisflash

Post by memphisflash »

elvisjock wrote:
(a dia frame)..What does this mean?

In the original, can you tell that it's him?

Well, a 'dia', is the oposite of a negative, a 'postive' frame, put in a holder and could be shown with a projector - don't know if it's familiar in the US - it was very, very popular in the 70's and 80's in Europe ...

The Hobgoblin
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by The Hobgoblin »

This business about his sideburns being "glued on" has been bothering me for years. Is it just me or am I wrong in thinking a sideburn is made up of lots of individual hairs so how can it "come off" and have to be "glued on" ? Did his skin come away with it or something? A sideburn cant just fall off in a lump like off a doll can it??

Robert
Registered for: 19 years 8 months

Post by Robert »

The Hobgoblin wrote:This business about his sideburns being "glued on" has been bothering me for years. Is it just me or am I wrong in thinking a sideburn is made up of lots of individual hairs so how can it "come off" and have to be "glued on" ? Did his skin come away with it or something? A sideburn cant just fall off in a lump like off a doll can it??
This "glued" sideburn story is a complete BS story! (according to Larry Geller, who worked on Elvis' body before the funeral)
He did recolour the sideburns with some woman's mascara, as Elvis' black dyed hair turned out to be partial grey..

That's all.

Xaykev
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by Xaykev »

By the way, did somebody here watch Elvis in the casket? Did somebody here attend his funeral?

I miss you, Elvis!

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Feliz Navidad!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Jovan
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by Jovan »

Yes, it's almost Navidad again, time flies!

I stumbled upon this picture, don't know whether it's been mentioned there before.

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout »

Jovan wrote:Yes, it's almost Navidad again, time flies!

I stumbled upon this picture, don't know whether it's been mentioned there before.

This is complete B.S. As I said long ago, you can't fake a casket photo.

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

Hank
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by Hank »

The Hobgoblin wrote:This business about his sideburns being "glued on" has been bothering me for years. Is it just me or am I wrong in thinking a sideburn is made up of lots of individual hairs so how can it "come off" and have to be "glued on" ? Did his skin come away with it or something? A sideburn cant just fall off in a lump like off a doll can it??
I remember hearing a radio interview with Gail Brewer-Giorgio (back when she was busy flogging her books) in which she claimed that a celebrity had told her that Elvis's body was "sweating" in the casket. (She refused to name this celebrity on the air, but she did offer to tell her interviewer who it was during a commercial break.)

mike edwards66
Registered for: 12 years

Post by mike edwards66 »

Tony Trout wrote:

Why?

>>>

some people say i done all right for a girl . . . oh yeah yeah

matilda
Banned
Banned
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by matilda »

Tony Trout wrote:

sure you can. :roll:
the point is:will it be obvious or not.
but sure it can be done.

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

drjohncarpenter wrote:Feliz Navidad!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

promiseland
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by promiseland »

Tony Trout wrote:

Peter,

Also note the "Pug nose is missing from the inside of the magazine photo. Less tampering was used since less enlargement wasn't needed since it wasn't used as a zoomed in cover shot. These are clearly two different versions of the photo regardless.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ale
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by ale »

to me this picture always looked more like a drawing than a true pic :wink: