Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Do you want to have an FECC get-together at the "Save The Shell" event on Aug 11th in Memphis?

Yes, sounds like fun!
83%
Yes, sounds like fun!
No votes
No, I'd rather have it somewhere else.
17%
No, I'd rather have it somewhere else.
No votes

Total votes : 12

Let's take a vote on the "new tradition" (please v

Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:44 am

Since this was on the old board, let's do it up right this time...

The fan club I'm in, the "Elvis Family Of Fans", is doing the "Save The Shell" event each year, hoping to make it bigger and bigger. The admission price goes to keeping the Overton Park Shell (one of if not the first place Elvis played as a professional) from being torn down.. we all lost the last place he played, we don't want to lose the first.

If we get a majority vote, we'll set up something special just for posters on the board, with name-tags and things for everybody, too! :)

This could be a lot of fun, so let's put it to a vote if you'd like to arrange an in-person FECC member meeting at the "Save The Shell" event!

Thanks, everybody!
Last edited by MikeMcCoy on Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:14 am

Hi Mike -

I guess you meant to say:

"We don't want to lose the first"

or

"We want to save the first"

Colin B

Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:49 am

Hi, Colin!

Aw, crap... LOL!

Got it fixed, man, thanks for letting me know about that!

Geez.... I gotta pay closer attention...

-Mike

Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:53 am

BTW, I goofed on the message edit.... ignore options 2 and 4 in the poll

Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:52 am

Just a couple more times so everybody sees it.... FECC, just give me a reply of "ok" when you think it's time I let this die. :)

-Mike

Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:40 am

I sincerely hope I can attend this event. What day will you be arriving in Memphis, Mike?

Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:30 am

Hi, Scotch!

Love your E1 tag line! That's cool!

I'll actually be in Memphis starting the weekend before Elvis Week (staying in Tunica, MS), so we'll be in there for awhile. :D :D :lol:

Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:37 am

Oh, I'm messing around with the tags right now, I might go back to the E1 tag later. 8)

Cool, is it easier to find a hotel room down there?

Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:53 am

That's cool. 8)

Hotel rooms are great down in Tunica, you can get them in some places for $25 a night. And it's only about 25-45 min from Memphis (depending on which hotel and how fast you drive) :wink:

Tue Apr 22, 2003 10:57 am

And a quick reply to everybody else.... 231 views, and only 8 votes? :o

"Keep your eyes on the watch.... WATCH the watch... your eyes are getting very heavy. They weight about three pounds each.. you WANT to vote in the poll....."

Repeat after me... "The left mouse button is my friend..." :P lol

Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:16 am

No point in me voting. It's to far to swim. :oops:

:mrgreen:

Wed Apr 23, 2003 2:28 am

Oh, don't worry, Sam, I'll ship a row boat (ala "Elvis: On Tour") out to you.

Not to open up a whole new can of worms, but would like to know the reasons why those who voted no did that.

Let's not make it a big argument, everybody, I'm just curious. 8)