Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Kissin´ Cousins FTD now!!

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:11 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

luckyjackson1 wrote:And thanks for "Tender Feeling" - is it a mono mix?

You are welcome my friend!. No it is not a Mono mix, it is just that they removed one of the channels :roll:. Look at this: http://www.keithflynn.com/recording-ses ... 31010.html. Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:00 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

luckyjackson1 wrote:And thanks for "Tender Feeling" - is it a mono mix?

You are welcome my friend!. No it is not a Mono mix, it is just that they removed one of the channels :roll:. Look at this: http://www.keithflynn.com/recording-ses ... 31010.html. Bye for now :smt006.

Thanks, Mike. Didn't find the time yet to listen to it. Got some personal issues and right now I'm at work. Will check it out later.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:01 am

You can add my vote to the 'Kissin' Cousins FTD now!!' vote. Am I the only one who preferred 'Kissin Cousins No 2' to 'Kissin Cousins' ( I think the faux hillbilly vocal was a BAD idea!!), though I think the demo for the latter is more groovy than Mr. P's. Yes, bring it on, even if the running time is short, it would be nice to stick it on the player as an official CD instead of a self-made CD, it's just not the same. The film is cheesier than cheddar though, sorry, I think it's the worst movie of his career... It's just too much 'inconsequential fluff' for moi and makes even 'Tickle Me' seem like a classic piece of film noir!!

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:17 am

would love to see kissin cousins released not much ever come out from that soundtrack

Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:26 pm

I prefer Kissin' Cousins No 2 also.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:43 pm

I think there comes a 2CD-Set for Kissin' Cousins. On CD1 there is the soundtrack sung by Josh Morgan and on CD2 sings Jodie Tatum.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:47 pm

The much preferred version nº 2 of Kissin´Cousins with one channel removed :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/21764024/file.html

Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:10 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Steelback wrote:Personally I'd place Kissin' Cousins firmly in the bottom 5 soundtracks. Lets get it over with and bring out a single disc, 7" FTD with whatever odds and ends are available.

Agreed.

"Kissin' Cousins" is an abysmal soundtrack, which no doubt helped add several shovelfuls of dirt to the career grave he was digging in Hollywood.

Don't be a party pooper, Doc! Lighten up and enjoy the fun of Elvis in Hollywood...

It's almost like enjoying the fun of "Elvis In Concert"...

no....cause he is mostly in good voice in his movie years....
and even when he is not so much....still his voice sounds better to me than any late 70s performance.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:18 pm

matilda wrote:no....cause he is mostly in good voice in his movie years....
and even when he is not so much....still his voice sounds better to me than any late 70s performance.

"Barefoot Ballad" is a real gem. ;-)

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:23 pm

hound dog from omaha even more

Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:04 pm

matilda wrote:hound dog from omaha even more

Perhaps, but only "Barefoot Ballad" was pressed on vinyl and sold at stores.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:18 pm

Another little gem from the movie :wink:. Enjoy!. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/1738618/file.html

Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:36 am

Another little gem from the movie :wink:. Enjoy!. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/1738618/file.html

Hey Mike, thanks for all the uploads. Well, I wouldn't call it a "gem" but there was a time when somehow I fell in love with that song. Ummm... it's been a long, long time ago. :oops:
And didn't last for long. :D

Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:14 am

Well what can I say my friend. The piano and the sax is more prominent and the girls are gone for good :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:32 am

Add one more to those who prefer "Kissin' Cousins No. 2." I read somewhere, don't remember where, that Col. Parker actually thought that "Kissin' Cousins No. 2" was to be the single.

MT

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:29 am

Yeah, the second title track is cooler ... I'd be up for an FTD of this one ... not one of my fave flicks, though.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:49 am

After four pages and almost 2400 views, we can now conclude that there is an almost hysterical demand for a "Kissin' Cousins" FTD. Hopefully, Ernst has read this topic and will now help us out. I can picture him searching for outtakes, finding cool photos and writing interesting liner notes all summer.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:58 am

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote: ... After four pages and almost 2400 views, we can now conclude that there is an almost hysterical demand for a "Kissin' Cousins" FTD ...

::rocks

Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:09 am

I have re-read this topic again from start and checked the link for the audio I provided for the song Tender Feelings but it has expired :cry:. I will repost it again just to show what a beautiful voice Elvis had during this recording session :smt007. Enjoy!. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/29751599/file.html

Much obliged to you Mike - thanks !

Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:37 am

Winston wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote: ... After four pages and almost 2400 views, we can now conclude that there is an almost hysterical demand for a "Kissin' Cousins" FTD ...

::rocks

Too true. The films got a quaint charm!!!

Just love a FTD release.

images.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:53 pm

Steve Morse wrote:

I have re-read this topic again from start and checked the link for the audio I provided for the song Tender Feelings but it has expired :cry:. I will repost it again just to show what a beautiful voice Elvis had during this recording session :smt007. Enjoy!. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/29751599/file.html

Much obliged to you Mike - thanks !

You are welcome Steve Morse! ::rocks. What has puzzled me all this years is why this release has been held so long :shock: . If FTD has nothing unreleased to offer just put out a single cd with Stereo & Mono tracks with a nice looking booklet and add whatever they have in he vaults, its simple :wink:. When they gave up with Girls! Girls! Girls! that´s what they did. So I will ask Mr. Ernst Jorgensen politely one more time if it is possible to get this release in the next Autumn FTD batch 8). Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:12 pm

Some of the masters were edited. Would be nice if full length versions of "Catchin on Fast" exist.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:25 pm

RonBaker2003 wrote:Some of the masters were edited. Would be nice if full length versions of "Catchin on Fast" exist.

Exactly. Does some sheet music exist somewhere where we could find at least the missing words of this dirty little thing? :wink:

I really would love to hear Elvis curse during the October 10, 1963 overdub session... :D

Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:05 pm

The last little gem I have with one channel removed :wink:. Enjoy!. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/10064347/file.html

Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:08 pm

just love kissin cousins no 2 over the other version cmon ernst kissin cousin ftd please :D