Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Kissin´ Cousins FTD now!!

Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:51 pm

While taking my usual daily thirty-minute walk (kinda fast paced) the "Kissin' Cousins" soundtrack came up on my mp3 player. And I must admit I really enjoyed almost EVERY song (with one exception but even that one was funny when you adjust the pace... I was talking about "Barefoot Ballad"). "Smokey Mountain Boy" is a great song to march along... :wink:
And I have to say the sound quality on the CM set is probably the best I've heard so far. But it can be done better... *push*

Mr. Jørgensen, Mr. Semon and Sebastian Jeansson or Jean-Marc Juilland or Vic Anesini or Kevan Budd... if you read this... :D

Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:14 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I have re-read this topic again from start and checked the link for the audio I provided for the song Tender Feelings but it has expired :cry:. I will repost it again just to show what a beautiful voice Elvis had during this recording session :smt007. Enjoy!. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/29751599/file.html

That was beautiful, thanks Mike!

Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:15 pm

Barefoot Ballad is rotten, isn't it. Pity Elvis couldn't have sung 'Barefootin'' instead, the Robert Parker song, I know this only came out in 1966 but it just shows you what a decent song/songwriter can turn in with similiar subject matters. I always thought 'Midnight at the oasis' could've been good for 'Harum Scarum' if it had been written and submitted etc, etc. Which brings us back to the what if's... :mrgreen:

Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:24 pm

When In Rome wrote:Barefoot Ballad is rotten, isn't it. Pity Elvis couldn't have sung 'Barefootin'' instead, the Robert Parker song, I know this only came out in 1966 but it just shows you what a decent song/songwriter can turn in with similiar subject matters. I always thought 'Midnight at the oasis' could've been good for 'Harum Scarum' if it had been written and submitted etc, etc. Which brings us back to the what if's... :mrgreen:

Midnight at the oasis.....is rotten. Just sayin'..

Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:33 pm

ekenee wrote:
When In Rome wrote:Barefoot Ballad is rotten, isn't it. Pity Elvis couldn't have sung 'Barefootin'' instead, the Robert Parker song, I know this only came out in 1966 but it just shows you what a decent song/songwriter can turn in with similiar subject matters. I always thought 'Midnight at the oasis' could've been good for 'Harum Scarum' if it had been written and submitted etc, etc. Which brings us back to the what if's... :mrgreen:

Of course, opinions vary ...but rottener than 'Hey Little Girl'? :P

Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:24 am

When In Rome wrote:
ekenee wrote:

Oh boy, now you got me. That one is rotten.

What about "Hey Hey Hey", or "Golden coins"? Them are rotten songs too.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:02 am

ekenee wrote:
When In Rome wrote:
ekenee wrote:

I always like the bit in 'Hey, Hey, Hey' where he cuts loose a little "...I'm gonna tell you what we're gonna do!'', but 'Golden Coins' has no redeeming features... Mind you, I do like that effect they have on the guitar... Jeez, I got no taste in music... :?

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:36 am

Hey Hey Hey may be his worse 60's vocal ever as well as being a rotten song. I find no redeeming factor in this piece of trash at all. Golden Coins is pretty close.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:01 am

When In Rome wrote:
ekenee wrote:
When In Rome wrote:
ekenee wrote:

I always like the bit in 'Hey, Hey, Hey' where he cuts loose a little "...I'm gonna tell you what we're gonna do!'', but 'Golden Coins' has no redeeming features... Mind you, I do like that effect they have on the guitar... Jeez, I got no taste in music... :?

Yes, that line you mention in Hey, hey, hey, he really forces it, and does a slight yodal trick with his voice.

That is the best part of that song for sure.

Another bad song, is "Double Trouble". For a title song, it's one of the worst.

Usually at least the title songs are not too bad. But that one is bottom of the barrel.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:35 am

I have yet to make it through either the Kissin Cousins soundtrack or film in one sitting. The problem isn't that they are worse than a number of any other films/soundtracks, but they are boring, and with almost no distinguishing features. Anyone is probably the best of this forgettable bunch of songs, but would I be eager to spend hard earned cash on multiple takes? Nope. Sorry.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:00 pm

ekenee wrote:

I prefer "Wisdom Of The Ages". :mrgreen:

Always liked the "Double Trouble" song. It's a nice, harmless, catchy and swingin' little tune. Okay, compared to that at the same time the Beatles had songs like "Tomorrow Never Knows"... :roll:

"Hey, Hey, Hey" is a stinker but the instrumental track is quite good. I once used that voice killer on my sound editing program. I might as well upload that mix tonight... :wink:

And I like "Hey Little Girl" - imo it rocks! Hard to believe it was the same composer that wrote "It Hurts Me"... :roll:
Last edited by luckyjackson1 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:10 pm

r&b wrote:Hey Hey Hey may be his worse 60's vocal ever as well as being a rotten song. I find no redeeming factor in this piece of trash at all. Golden Coins is pretty close.

Would have been a nice album:

Elvis - The Rotten Sound Of The 60s

1. Hey, Hey, Hey
2. Confidence
3. Old McDonald
4. Yoga Is As Yoga Does
5. Queenies...
6. Golden Coins

7. A Dog's Life
8. Scratch My Back
9. Beach Shack
10. The Love Machine
11. Fort Launderdale Chamber of Commerce
12. Barefoot Ballad

(I know has been done before :wink:. It's just humour folks no negativity intended...)

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:13 pm

Alexander wrote:
r&b wrote:Hey Hey Hey may be his worse 60's vocal ever as well as being a rotten song. I find no redeeming factor in this piece of trash at all. Golden Coins is pretty close.

1. Hey, Hey, Hey
2. Confidence
3. Old McDonald
4. Yoga Is As Yoga Does
5. Queenie Wahine's Papaya
6. Golden Coins

7. A Dog's Life
8. Scratch My Back
9. Beach Shack
10. The Love Machine
11. Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
12. Barefoot Ballad

(I know has been done before :wink:. It's just humour folks no negativity intended...)

Take out "She's A Machine" and "The Love Machine" and use "Who Needs Money" and "He's Your Uncle, Not Your Dad" instead or something. :mrgreen:

Great sequencing by the way... :wink:

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Don't take anything out. Have it as a 14 track album. Seems like a perfect Camden album. We could make it a 15 track album by adding "I Love Only One Girl".

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:39 pm

I actually like "Fort Laudadale Chamber Of Commerce". :oops:

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:53 pm

A. C. van Kuijk wrote:I actually like "Fort Laudadale Chamber Of Commerce". :oops:

A lot of folks around here like that tune. And with the visuals... Shelley and Elvis in that scene... yummy! :smt007

Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

A nice song from the Kissin´Cousins soundtrack and one of the best, I cant stop listen to. Enjoy! ::rocks. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/97424928/file.html

Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:57 pm

Alexander wrote:

1. Hey, Hey, Hey
2. Confidence
3. Old McDonald
4. Yoga Is As Yoga Does
5. Queenies...
6. Golden Coins

7. A Dog's Life
8. Scratch My Back
9. Beach Shack
10. The Love Machine
12. Barefoot Ballad

Errr...um...I actually like Beach Shack.

Please don't tell anybody. Lets just keep it between us - our little secret.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:58 pm

Thanks Mike. Here is "Hey, Hey, Hey" with the dumb vocals pushed way in the back (unfortunately I couldn't get rid of the backing vocals by the girls):

Hey, Hey, Hey (almost instrumental).wav (File size: 26MB)
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/3293426/file.html

Don't take it too seriously, it's more of a joke! :D

Now get the karaoke started!!! :mrgreen:

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:04 pm

HI there!! :D :D :D.

luckyjackson1 wrote:Thanks Mike. Here is "Hey, Hey, Hey" with the dumb vocals pushed way in the back (unfortunately I couldn't get rid of the backing vocals by the girls):

Hey, Hey, Hey (almost instrumental).wav (File size: 26MB)
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/3293426/file.html

Don't take it too seriously, it's more of a joke! :D

Now get the karaoke started!!! :mrgreen:

lucky I think something went wrong with the upload. This is weird, I only hear a strange sound like maracas o bells and no voices :shock:. Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:19 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:This is weird, I only hear a strange sound like maracas o bells and no voices...

Might it have been "Vino Dinero y Amor"? :D

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:24 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

elvisalisellers wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:This is weird, I only hear a strange sound like maracas o bells and no voices...

Might it have been "Vino Dinero y Amor"? :D

Yeah, I got too much of all lately :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:32 pm

Ummmm... that's strange. Like I said I got rid of Elvis' voice with a little nice tool called "Voice attenuator" so I guess it's the normal upload I did... :wtf:

Did you play it directly from zippyshare or did you download it and play it with VLC or foobar2000 or something?

Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:39 pm

mick967 wrote:
Alexander wrote:

1. Hey, Hey, Hey
2. Confidence
3. Old McDonald
4. Yoga Is As Yoga Does
5. Queenies...
6. Golden Coins

7. A Dog's Life
8. Scratch My Back
9. Beach Shack
10. The Love Machine
12. Barefoot Ballad

Errr...um...I actually like Beach Shack.

Please don't tell anybody. Lets just keep it between us - our little secret.

I do to, but I think that song was slated for Paradise Hawaiian Style.

I think the song writer had to have been given a script about a beach movie
and they used the song for Spinout.
This has been proven to have happened before several times.
The writers would submit their material over and over again sometimes.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:28 am

I left out 2. Bossa nova baby
puppett on a string