Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Kissin´ Cousins FTD now!!

Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:56 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Steve Morse wrote:

I have re-read this topic again from start and checked the link for the audio I provided for the song Tender Feelings but it has expired :cry:. I will repost it again just to show what a beautiful voice Elvis had during this recording session :smt007. Enjoy!. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/29751599/file.html

Much obliged to you Mike - thanks !

You are welcome Steve Morse! ::rocks. What has puzzled me all this years is why this release has been held so long :shock: . If FTD has nothing unreleased to offer just put out a single cd with Stereo & Mono tracks with a nice looking booklet and add whatever they have in he vaults, its simple :wink:. When they gave up with Girls! Girls! Girls! that´s what they did. So I will ask Mr. Ernst Jorgensen politely one more time if it is possible to get this release in the next Autumn FTD batch 8). Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

As much as I dig Kissin' Cousins, I would think it's better to wait as long as possible and deal with what Sony (RCA) possesses in its archives first. Then yes if nothing comes out at the bottom of the barrel, well let's do the best possible with what's available. But I would not favor this autumn for this, Flaming Star is a real possiblity with all the outtakes available instead. Just a point of view.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:06 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Tornado wrote:

Steve Morse wrote:

I have re-read this topic again from start and checked the link for the audio I provided for the song Tender Feelings but it has expired :cry:. I will repost it again just to show what a beautiful voice Elvis had during this recording session :smt007. Enjoy!. Bye for now :smt006.

You are welcome Steve Morse! ::rocks. What has puzzled me all this years is why this release has been held so long :shock: . If FTD has nothing unreleased to offer just put out a single cd with Stereo & Mono tracks with a nice looking booklet and add whatever they have in he vaults, its simple :wink:. When they gave up with Girls! Girls! Girls! that´s what they did. So I will ask Mr. Ernst Jorgensen politely one more time if it is possible to get this release in the next Autumn FTD batch 8). Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

As much as I dig Kissin' Cousins, I would think it's better to wait as long as possible and deal with what Sony (RCA) possesses in its archives first. Then yes if nothing comes out at the bottom of the barrel, well let's do the best possible with what's available. But I would not favor this autumn for this, Flaming Star is a real possiblity with all the outtakes available instead. Just a point of view.

Well they could have waited with the FTD release of Girls! Grls! Girls!, but they didn´t because they gave up searching for more outtakes :roll:. So I don´t see the point why they should wait for Kissin´Cousins. But after saying this I also prefer a FTD release of Flaming Star first 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:47 am

I gave my vinyl album a spin yesterday and have to admit it sounds awful. Didn't do a direct comparison with the CM set yet.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:54 pm

Tornado wrote:

Steve Morse wrote:

Well they could have waited with the FTD release of Girls! Grls! Girls!, but they didn´t because they gave up searching for more outtakes :roll:. So I don´t see the point why they should wait for Kissin´Cousins. But after saying this I also prefer a FTD release of Flaming Star first 8). Bye for now :smt006.

I was expected that remark. Basically, you're right. But Ernst doesn't reveal much about these issues and I can understand why. It might djeperdise some inquiries. Am I wrong thinking that the problem occured only or mostly with the Paramount movie soundtracks over the past? More and more,witnesses of that era disappeared and so we're left with speculations. Let's pray that some sons, daughter, niece or nephew find a box in their parents basement or attic with the reels we're so eager to have.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:51 pm

Tornado wrote:

Tornado wrote:

Steve Morse wrote:

I was expected that remark. Basically, you're right. But Ernst doesn't reveal much about these issues and I can understand why. It might djeperdise some inquiries. Am I wrong thinking that the problem occured only or mostly with the Paramount movie soundtracks over the past? More and more,witnesses of that era disappeared and so we're left with speculations. Let's pray that some sons, daughter, niece or nephew find a box in their parents basement or attic with the reels we're so eager to have.

Well actually I think that there are more sessions reels missing from MGM than from Paramount :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.
Last edited by Mike Windgren on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:36 pm

Because of the overhelming success of this topic, almost 3000 views and growing up, and thanks to all the positive reviews here posted :wink:. Mr. Ernst Jorgensen has contacted me via email to let me know that the FTD audio team is working really hard on the forthcoming FTD cd release of Kissin´ Cousins, to make this release one of the best soundwise. At the same time he was also very surprised to find out that this topic had more views than several of the popular topics by the Doc! :mrgreen:.

He didn´t release it before because he thought it was one of the albums Elvis fans didn´t really care much about it. He is not sure if it will be ready for the next Autumn FTD batch release, but if not, then it sure will be for a Christmas release :smt003. He told me as well that Mr. Roger Semon in charge of the Art department is a little bit undecided which cover they will use for this FTD release, so he told me that he needs help in deciding which cover they should use :smt005.

As Elvis vinyl collectors know, there were two different covers in the U.S market, one that has the family picture and another one that has the family picture missing. Now kidding aside, if Mr. Roger Semon had to decide which cover should be used, which one do you think suits better?. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:05 pm

Because of the overhelming success of this topic, almost 3000 views and growing up, and thanks to all the positive reviews here posted :wink:. Mr. Ernst Jorgensen has contacted me via email to let me know that the FTD audio team is working really hard on the forthcoming FTD cd release of Kissin´ Cousins, to make this release one of the best soundwise. At the same time he was also very surprised to find out that this topic had more views than several of the popular topics by the Doc! :mrgreen:.

He didn´t release it before because he thought it was one of the albums Elvis fans didn´t really care much about it. He is not sure if it will be ready for the next Autumn FTD batch release, but if not, then it sure will be for a Christmas release :smt003. He told me as well that Mr. Roger Semon in charge of the Art department is a little bit undecided which cover they will use for this FTD release, so he told me that he needs help in deciding which cover they should use :smt005.

As Elvis vinyl collectors know, there were two different covers in the U.S market, one that has the family picture and another one that has the family picture missing. Now kidding aside, if Mr. Roger Semon had to decide which cover should be used, which one do you think suits better?. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

With the picture!!

Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:47 pm

Dixieland Rocks wrote:

I have serious doubt Ernst would have said that. In fact, I don't believe it at all.

With the picture!!

Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Dixieland Rocks wrote:

I have serious doubt Ernst would have said that. In fact, I don't believe it at all. This thread is over for me.

With the picture!!

Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:23 pm

With the picture.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:20 am

Tornado wrote:I have serious doubt Ernst would have said that. In fact, I don't believe it at all.

Why don't you believe it? Mike is a credible member, why should he spread any nonsense?

Oh by the way, I prefer the one WITH the family picture, too. Didn't even know the one without.

That's really great - a 50th anniversary release of "Kissin' Cousins" - great timing! Thanks guys at FTD - especially Ernst, Roger and the person who is in charge to obtain the best possible audio quality. :smt023

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:34 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:
Tornado wrote:I have serious doubt Ernst would have said that. In fact, I don't believe it at all.

Why don't you believe it? Mike is a credible member, why should he spread any nonsense?

Oh by the way, I prefer the one WITH the family picture, too. Didn't even know the one without.

That's really great - a 50th anniversary release of "Kissin' Cousins" - great timing! Thanks guys at FTD - especially Ernst, Roger and the person who is in charge to obtain the best possible audio quality. :smt023

I believe Mike 100% . And I thank him for this thread! Gracias!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:28 am

It is important... and I mean VERY important... that Roger makes this right. The cover should look exactly like the first, original release. I get mighty upset when they mess things up like when they changed the back cover for "From Elvis In Memphis". Please don't do that no more, guys...

For the record, I am sure Mike is joking, but some day this will happen.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:32 am

I trust Mike too, but I think he's joking here.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:37 am

He's comedy gold is Mike!

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:46 am

elvisalisellers wrote:He's comedy gold is Mike!

Well, I like Mr. Windgren as much as the next guy, but I think he was out of line here. Some things in life are too precious to joke about. I mean, ElvisNews once wrote that a new rehearsal featuring Elvis singing "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" had been found. I was ecstatic for about an hour until I realized what day it was. That's right: April 1st. :facep:

That was about 12 years ago and I am still pissed!
Last edited by Keith Richards, Jr. on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:56 am

I tend to agree they should leave the covers be. Same as original.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:28 am

elvisalisellers wrote:He's comedy gold is Mike!

Spot on! :wink:. I´m really sorry if I caused any disappointment :sosorry:. I really didn´t want to hurt anyones feelings, it was a joke :oops:. Do you really think Mr. Ernst Jorgensen will contact me for advice?.

But at the same time I think that sometimes things are taken too serious over here and I clearly stated on my post "kidding aside".

What I really wanted to do was that just in case any of the FTD team was reading this topic they would take notice of what is our favourite cover for this release, that´s all. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:43 am

It's OK, Mike. I hope you got that my reaction was a joke too. :D

I was serious about the cover though, I do get upset when they alter the original design.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:57 am

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:It's OK, Mike. I hope you got that my reaction was a joke too. :D

I was serious about the cover though, I do get upset when they alter the original design.

No problem my friend :wink:, I will forgive you because you have always been one of those true supporters for this much loved release :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:18 am

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:... he was out of line here. Some things in life are too precious to joke about. I mean, ElvisNews once wrote that a new rehearsal featuring Elvis singing "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" had been found. I was ecstatic for about an hour until I realized what day it was. That's right: April 1st. :facep:

I agree.

The statement does not in any way come across as a joke, and someone who doesn't know better will get the impression that the man who founded the Follow That Dream label in 1999, and has been superbly managing the Elvis recorded legacy for nearly 25 years, makes shallow judgements about Presley's film catalog ("He didn´t release it before because he thought it was one of the albums Elvis fans didn´t really care much about it"), and relies on the advice of wild-eyed, must have everything collectors.

Very uncool. And all for one of Elvis' worst film soundtracks.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:37 am

I thought this whole forum was based on attracting "wild-eyed, must have everything collectors".

I thought the whole market demographic of FTD was about attracting, "wild eyed, must have everything collectors".

That is why FTD is 100+ releases strong in just over a decade for an artist that has been dead 30+ years.

You lose that demographic, what have you got?

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:19 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:... he was out of line here. Some things in life are too precious to joke about. I mean, ElvisNews once wrote that a new rehearsal featuring Elvis singing "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" had been found. I was ecstatic for about an hour until I realized what day it was. That's right: April 1st. :facep:

I agree.

The statement does not in any way come across as a joke, and someone who doesn't know better will get the impression that the man who founded the Follow That Dream label in 1999, and has been superbly managing the Elvis recorded legacy for nearly 25 years, makes shallow judgements about Presley's film catalog ("He didn´t release it before because he thought it was one of the albums Elvis fans didn´t really care much about it"), and relies on the advice of wild-eyed, must have everything collectors.

As always you are a very negative person who can never see beyond things. But that´s normal when you spend half of the day on this very messageboard and the other half on a Beatles messageboard :shock:.

People like you take the next commentary too serious and that´s why you felt hurt and had to post again :cry::

Mike Windgren wrote: Because of the overhelming success of this topic, almost 3000 views and growing up, and thanks to all the positive reviews here posted Mr. Ernst Jorgensen was also very surprised to find out that this topic had more views than several of the popular topics by the Doc! :mrgreen:.

Beside this I have to say that the only thing you have added on this topic since the beginning is that this is a very bad movie and soundtrack, that´s all. This is what drjohncarpenter do as an active FTD supporter :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:03 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

I agree.

As always you are a very negative person who can never see beyond things. But that´s normal when you spend half of the day on this very messageboard and the other half on a Beatles messageboard :shock:.

People like you take the next commentary too serious and that´s why you felt hurt and had to post again :cry::

Mike Windgren wrote: Because of the overhelming success of this topic, almost 3000 views and growing up, and thanks to all the positive reviews here posted Mr. Ernst Jorgensen was also very surprised to find out that this topic had more views than several of the popular topics by the Doc! :mrgreen:.

Beside this I have to say that the only thing you have added on this topic since the beginning is that this is a very bad movie and soundtrack, that´s all. This is what drjohncarpenter do as an active FTD supporter :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

The Docs narcism puts a dark shadow over his sense of humour (if any is available). Go out more often and let the Californian sun enlighten it! For the good reader it was obvious you were joking.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:59 pm

Alexander wrote:

drjohncarpenter wrote:

I agree.

The Docs narcism puts a dark shadow over his sense of humour (if any is available). Go out more often and let the Californian sun enlighten it! For the good reader it was obvious you were joking.

Thank you for being a positive person! :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.