Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
MysteryTrain
Registered for: 21 years

"Elvis In Person" and "I'll Remember You"

Post by MysteryTrain »

Sorry if this has been posted before, but according to Elvis World Japan the next FTDs are "Elvis In Person," which we knew, and "I'll Remember You," a two disc soundboard. This information is also on Amazon Japan. The release date is listed as December 8, 2008.

Mystery Train

a mess of polk salad
Registered for: 16 years 5 months
Location: I've been a millionaire since I was 21, it's just a hobby to me...

Re: "Elvis In Person" and "I'll Remember You"

Post by a mess of polk salad »

Sounds good I hope it's correct. 8)

The moment we're living is now, now now now now now ...

thenexte
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by thenexte »

MysteryTrain wrote:Sorry if this has been posted before, but according to Elvis World Japan the next FTDs are "Elvis In Person," which we knew, and "I'll Remember You," a two disc soundboard. This information is also on Amazon Japan. The release date is listed as December 8, 2008.

Mystery Train
Are these 1973 shows?

Little Darlin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

Jolly Good News. Thanks!

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Burning Love
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by Burning Love »

If we have the title for the Vegas disc does that mean the tracklisting for both discs are not that far off? Hopefully by next week.

Burning Love

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by midnightx »

A great way to finish 2008 off. "Elvis In Person" has a lot of potential and it is true, another double live CD in "I'll Remeber You" will be welcomed.

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

:lol: yes i just read this on 'Amazon' too Product details

* Audio CD (8 Dec 2008)
* Number of Discs: 2
* Label: Follow That Dream
* ASIN: B001JQHLCY

fantastic we get 2 full disc of Elvis in Feb 1973!! that should satisfy my Feb 1973 soundboard needs for quite a while i really (hope) we get the closing show and an earlier Feb show!?? :wink: :roll:

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

Another 2 disc soundboard package? How cool is that?

It will be interesting to see the tracklistings. Looking forward to it.

Rich

ImageImageImage

Big Boss Man
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Big Boss Man »

It will definitely be good to have something from Feb 1973. :D

I wonder if they'll provide any material from the opening show of the engagement? This has always been a fav of mine, mainly because it's very similar to the Aloha show except he also included Sweet Caroline and Lawdy Miss Clawdy.

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

8) well said big boss man and agree- PLENTY of soundboard material recorded and a very long 'awaited' release from FTD :wink:

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

VOC

Post by VOC »

Isn't there a show from this engagement when Elvis left the stage after losing voice and Stamps sang several numbers?? Elvis then came back, announced his voice was gone and did Can't Help Falling In Love. However, after this he decided to continue the show and sang couple of rarities including "Faded Love" and "Polk Salad Annie" (not done often in 1973).

That might be an interesting show from a historical point of view, although it would of course have Elvis in somewhat weak voice and they probably cannot release the Stamps tracks anyway. We shall see.

- Whisky Woman, Don't You Know That You Are Driving Me Insane -

Ben

Post by Ben »

VOC wrote:Isn't there a show from this engagement when Elvis left the stage after losing voice and Stamps sang several numbers?? Elvis then came back, announced his voice was gone and did Can't Help Falling In Love. However, after this he decided to continue the show and sang couple of rarities including "Faded Love" and "Polk Salad Annie" (not done often in 1973).

That might be an interesting show from a historical point of view, although it would of course have Elvis in somewhat weak voice and they probably cannot release the Stamps tracks anyway. We shall see.
Yes, it was the 15th February DS.
Las Vegas February 15th Dinner Show – Las Vegas Dinner Show(TCB)
Songs Performed At This Show: See See Rider: I Got A Woman-Amen: Love Me Tender: You Don't Have To Say You Love Me: Steamroller Blues: You Gave Me A Mountain: Fever: Elvis Leaves The Stage and Charlie Hodge Takes Over: Walk That Lonesome Road(J.D. Sumner and the Stamps Quartet): Sweet, Sweet Spirit(J.D. Sumner and the Stamps Quartet): When It's My Time(J.D. Sumner and the Stamps Quartet): How Great Thou Art(J.D. Sumner and the Stamps Quartet): Crucified(J.D. Sumner and the Stamps Quartet): Elvis Returns To the stage: Can't Help Falling In Love(No.1): Faded Love: I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry: Polk Salad Annie: An American Trilogy: Can't Help Falling In Love(No.2)
ATTENDANCE: 2,200
Faded Love was performed for the first time live by Elvis at this show.
I’m so Lonesome I could cry was performed for the final time live by Elvis at this show.
Elvis left the stage after performing Fever and J.D. Sumner and the Stamps Quartet perform until Elvis returns to perform the closings song but half way thru he changes his mind about closing the show and performs the rest of the show.
Elvis wore the Orange Starburst Jumpsuit for the first time on stage at this show.
I don't think FTD will release this show as there is songs sung by the backing singers and when they performed in other shows released by FTD (Big Boss Man, Dinner At Eight) they edit them out and they can't edit out the ones from this show as it makes the show completely fake and about 45 minutes long.

**The ONLY live version in 1973
**The first live version of the song

Does anyone know what shows it could be?? I think maybe one of the shows that was out on import and an unreleased show like the Nevada Nights CD was.

Johanesson
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Johanesson »

Great news!
It seems they have learned how to boost sales. A single CD wouldn't be a success,you know,these concerts were somewhat boring and also quite short. But 2 concerts for $30 is a very generous offer. Let's hope that both concerts are unreleased.
However,it's about time to give us some details (concert-dates and track-list).

Axeman
Registered for: 18 years 8 months

Post by Axeman »

ben wrote:I don't think FTD will release this show as there is songs sung by the backing singers and when they performed in other shows released by FTD (Big Boss Man, Dinner At Eight) they edit them out and they can't edit out the ones from this show as it makes the show completely fake and about 45 minutes long.
How does that make the show completely fake? Fade out after Elvis introduced the Stamps, fade back in as he returns... It would make an interesting show, even at 45 minutes, and the rest of the CD can fill up with a 'best of other shows' compilation. Especially if the other disc is a full show (which would be less than an hour anyway).

Axe

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

We have 15.2.73 DS for your listening pleasure on Elviscrawler .... :wink:

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Johanesson

Post by Johanesson »

Ciscoking wrote:We have 15.2.73 DS for your listening pleasure on Elviscrawler .... :wink:
That's my favorite show from that season. Of course an edited version would be a fake.

Ben

Post by Ben »

Axeman wrote:
ben wrote:I don't think FTD will release this show as there is songs sung by the backing singers and when they performed in other shows released by FTD (Big Boss Man, Dinner At Eight) they edit them out and they can't edit out the ones from this show as it makes the show completely fake and about 45 minutes long.
How does that make the show completely fake? Fade out after Elvis introduced the Stamps, fade back in as he returns... It would make an interesting show, even at 45 minutes, and the rest of the CD can fill up with a 'best of other shows' compilation. Especially if the other disc is a full show (which would be less than an hour anyway).

Axe
'Cos if people get the show and think "hey, Elvis didn't sound very good here and why was the show only 40 minutes long" and then they hear someone say "the show was really 65 minutes long but The Stamps etc were cut out and Elvis didn't really do an encore he just sung Can't Help Falling In Love and then decided the fans needed more from the show".

Its the same with the Back With A Bang! show, it makes a fake show adding the beginning of another show and then putting Roses Are Red at the end of a concert, they could have put the beginning from the actual show from the Audience recording.

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

ben wrote: 'Cos if people get the show and think "hey, Elvis didn't sound very good here and why was the show only 40 minutes long" and then they hear someone say "the show was really 65 minutes long but The Stamps etc were cut out and Elvis didn't really do an encore he just sung Can't Help Falling In Love and then decided the fans needed more from the show".

Its the same with the Back With A Bang! show, it makes a fake show adding the beginning of another show and then putting Roses Are Red at the end of a concert, they could have put the beginning from the actual show from the Audience recording.
These aren't "fake" shows - they aren't complete shows when portions are edited out or don't exist. Aside from royalty issues that Ernst has to consider, who really wants to listen to a drawn-out Stamps segment when that same available space can be used for additional Elvis performances?

Johanesson

Post by Johanesson »

The problem is that this show would not be that interesting without the Stamp seguement. It would be a pathethic thing to edit out the most interesting and unusual part of the show.
It's like the "Fight Night"/"Kicking and Rolling" concert wtihout the attack.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Rich_TCB wrote:Another 2 disc soundboard package? How cool is that?

Not me. I'm passing on this one.

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Rob wrote:

Holding off with FTD purchases until the classic album series reissue of Elvis In Concert is released?

Rob

Post by Rob »

No, I just wanted to see what it was like to say that I was going to pass. I've had the shakes ever since I typed those words.

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

Rob wrote:Not me. I'm passing on this one.
Yeah . . . . . right.

And I voted for John McCain.

Rich

ImageImageImage

thenexte
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by thenexte »

midnightx wrote:
Rob wrote:

Holding off with FTD purchases until the classic album series reissue of Elvis In Concert is released?
That would be holding off until the twelfth of never... ;-)

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

:cry: Don't get excited. Elvis unlimited emailed me this morning and said Ernst says this release with be a ONE CD release NOT two. :cry:

You Don't Know Me!