Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Johanesson
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Possible reissue of the Vegas '71 soundboards

Post by Johanesson »

What do you think,what would be the ideal way to reissue "All Things Are Possible","Lean,Mean And Kickin' Butt" & "Snowbird"?
A single CD with 1 show wouldn't be a bestseller as not too many people would pay 25 USD for a CD that contains only about 40 minutes of music. 2 shows don't fit onto 1 CD without editing. ("HeavyTimes" by the MFX label was a very weak attempt).
It would be possible to reissue 2 concerts on a 2 CD-set but on that way half part of both CD's would be empty. Audience recordings wouldn't be great as bonus material (i haven't heard any good sounding audience recording from that season). There's "The Jaycees speech" which is very short and there's a telephone conversation from early 1971,but that isn't that long,either.
Any thougths about this?

ImageImageImage

Rob

Re: Possible reissue of the Vegas '71 soundboards

Post by Rob »

Johanesson wrote:What do you think,what would be the ideal way to reissue "All Things Are Possible","Lean,Mean And Kickin' Butt" & "Snowbird"?
ImageImageImage
Speaking as someone who owns the CD's you've listed, I don't care if they never reissue any of them. They can still be found if one looks hard enough. I'd prefer totally unreleased material to hit the market. There have been too many reissues lately.

Unless they are "One Night Only" differences, I'm cutting back on the reissues. I'll stay with my originals.

I say that, but by God I always order them anyway. I hate when I do that.

Damn it!

Keith Richards, Jr.
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

Rob wrote:Speaking as someone who owns the CD's you've listed, I don't care if they never reissue any of them. They can still be found if one looks hard enough. I'd prefer totally unreleased material to hit the market. There have been too many reissues lately.

Unless they are "One Night Only" differences, I'm cutting back on the reissues. I'll stay with my originals.

I say that, but by God I always order them anyway.
Phew! For a while there, I was beginning to believe the rumour started by Big Red that the new Rob is not the same person as the good ol' Rob we've all known and admired for years here on the FECC board. But then I read the last line in your message...

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

Topic author
Johanesson

Post by Johanesson »

Rob wrote: Speaking as someone who owns the CD's you've listed, I don't care if they never reissue any of them. They can still be found if one looks hard enough. I'd prefer totally unreleased material to hit the market. There have been too many reissues lately.
I don't have any of them,so i would definitely buy the reissues.
And i'm afraid we may not expect too many unreleased soundboards from bootleggers in the future.

Keith Richards, Jr.
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

Johanesson, I think you mentioned... a while back... a couple of unreleased shows that seem to be in the bootleggers' posession. I think Madison put out a couple of songs from different shows on their "Legendary Performer" CDs. Have those shows been released in full since then? It's obvious that the good bootleg days are over but hopefully there are at least a handful unreleased shows left to release. I have always enjoyed soundboards from the bootleggers more than the FTD shows because of the artwork and booklets. So the more shows the bootleggers release the better.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

Little Darlin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

If they were to be in top notch sound, I'd take them anyway they would like to do them.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Topic author
Johanesson

Post by Johanesson »

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:Johanesson, I think you mentioned... a while back... a couple of unreleased shows that seem to be in the bootleggers' posession. I think Madison put out a couple of songs from different shows on their "Legendary Performer" CDs. Have those shows been released in full since then?
No,except the aug. '72 Vegas show which was issued on "Hot August Night".
Somebody (i think Ger) mentioned that they didn't have those shows in complete form back then. They just bought a couple of unreleased live songs and issued them on the L.P. series.
Maybe they managed to buy the complete shows since then,i don't know... But they obviously have the feb. '73 Vegas soundboard by now.

YDKM
Registered for: 21 years

Post by YDKM »

I have ZERO interest in buying much more 're-issues' Vegas winter 1971 has been out and unless Aug 1971 comes out on soundboard i'm not interested

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!