New Release -- December Night

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Little Darlin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

New Release -- December Night

Post by Little Darlin »

cd_decembernight.jpg
I bet this isn't a Fake :wink:

SR Records will release the second volume in their The Sound of Vegas-series, December Night, halfway November. The disc will contain the complete Midnight Show of December 4, 1976.

Elvisnews
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Re: New Release -- December Night

Post by midnightx »

Little Darlin wrote:
cd_decembernight.jpg

SR Records will release the second volume in their The Sound of Vegas-series, December Night, halfway November. The disc will contain the complete Midnight Show of December 4, 1976.

Elvisnews
This will be the premier release of 2008.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Premier or not, it will find its way into my collection. Things didn't start going downhill until the following night, so this could be an enjoyable performance.

I'll let you know.

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by midnightx »

Rob wrote:Premier or not, it will find its way into my collection. Things didn't start going downhill until the following night, so this could be an enjoyable performance.

I'll let you know.
Yes, the calm before the storm.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Little Darlin wrote:The disc will contain the complete Midnight Show of December 4, 1976.
It appears he wore not one but two suits that evening.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Rob

Post by Rob »

Maybe, but is the band wearing red or do the stage lights just make their white outfits look that way?

Francesc

Post by Francesc »

Rob wrote:Maybe, but is the band wearing red or do the stage lights just make their white outfits look that way?
You are quite funny for being a rookie.

Rob

Post by Rob »

I've only been here since August, but I'm learning.

Francesc

Post by Francesc »

:mrgreen: Ah! Yeah ...you are one of those. :smt005

ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by ekenee »

I have the near complete concert from the 4th on video, and its a very good show.
Not sure if the video is the dinner or midnight show though.

Francesc

Post by Francesc »

ekenee wrote:I have the near complete concert from the 4th on video, and its a very good show.
What suit is he wearing?

Most likely is the Dinner Show with Elvis wearing the Inca suit

deadringer
Registered for: 18 years 8 months

Post by deadringer »

Little Darlin wrote:
cd_decembernight.jpg

Elvisnews
Hmmmm and I was thinking that SR will releasde ONLY early 70s stuff? They stated it MANY TIMES. Well times are changing.

Rob

Post by Rob »

ekenee wrote:I have the near complete concert from the 4th on video, and its a very good show.
What you have is the December 4th dinner show. You can also hear it on this excellent audience recorded CD.

deadringer

Post by deadringer »

Rob wrote:
What you have is the December 4th dinner show. You can also hear it on this excellent audience recorded CD.

There are two films, Dec. 3 and 4, 76 Dinners. Both filmed by the same person from UK and "released" in early 90s on VHS as PRE HOLIDAY CONCERTS.

BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 7 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

Rob wrote:Image
Now that is one helluva show and one helluva CD.

deadringer

Post by deadringer »

BIGREDG wrote:
This one will be welcomed if re-released by some solid label. Original is extremely hard to get... and since it is one of two best shows of 1976 Vegas season... and the sound is very good too... come up with this!

BigredG
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

deadringer wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:
This one will be welcomed if re-released by some solid label. Original is extremely hard to get... and since it is one of two best shows of 1976 Vegas season... and the sound is very good too... come up with this!
Do you know what the sound is like on the MS source Deadie ?

deadringer

Post by deadringer »

BIGREDG wrote:
deadringer wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:
Do you know what the sound is like on the MS source Deadie ?
Yes. It is not comparable to DS but still more than OK. At least my source is solid. There are 2 tracks used on MEMORY RECORDS CD "NOW OR NEVER" as a bonus (O Sole Mio/Now Or Never + Lawdy Miss Clawdy) so check it if you can. Show is worse than DS but much better than damned Dec. 5th of course.

Regading Dec. 76 audience tapes, some shows were recorded by several persons. I have few tapes in "stereo" and some from different mono souce too. I believe one person tapes at least 12 concerts (the sound is so similar so I can say - THE SAME RECORDER was used).

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

deadringer wrote:Yes. It is not comparable to DS but still more than OK. At least my source is solid. There are 2 tracks used on MEMORY RECORDS CD "NOW OR NEVER" as a bonus (O Sole Mio/Now Or Never + Lawdy Miss Clawdy) so check it if you can. Show is worse than DS but much better than damned Dec. 5th of course.

Regading Dec. 76 audience tapes, some shows were recorded by several persons. I have few tapes in "stereo" and some from different mono souce too. I believe one person tapes at least 12 concerts (the sound is so similar so I can say - THE SAME RECORDER was used).
Thanks for the infos - I will be playing Now Or Never Memory CD tomorrow for a sample of things to come.

Of course I am sure that the SR soundman will be able to work miracles on the tape. Probably be virtually soundboard quality I reckon!! :smt002

deadringer

Post by deadringer »

BIGREDG wrote:
deadringer wrote:Yes. It is not comparable to DS but still more than OK. At least my source is solid. There are 2 tracks used on MEMORY RECORDS CD "NOW OR NEVER" as a bonus (O Sole Mio/Now Or Never + Lawdy Miss Clawdy) so check it if you can. Show is worse than DS but much better than damned Dec. 5th of course.

Thanks for the infos - I will be playing Now Or Never Memory CD tomorrow for a sample of things to come.

Of course I am sure that the SR soundman will be able to work miracles on the tape. Probably be virtually soundboard quality I reckon!! :smt002
Sure, he is real wizard.... ;-) anyway Dec. 4, 76 MS was on eof these accpetable shows and it will be welcomed release - hopefully ..

70selvisisthebest
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by 70selvisisthebest »

although the setlist is weaker than the DS (especially closing the show with Sherrill, ect...) but the show itself is much more energetic than the D.S. (which is an excellent show). He wore the red phoenix, and video of this show was just released recently as well. It could previously be heard on the Winter Season series..

Ciscoking
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Ciscoking »

The shows from this day belong to the best of the whole season..the sound on the CDR is o.k.....so the choice is o.k...

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Johanesson
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Johanesson »

How can it be the complete show?
The complete show was issued on a double CD-R so i bet they edited out something or speeded it up to make it fit onto 1 CD.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Johanesson wrote:How can it be the complete show?
The complete show was issued on a double CD-R so i bet they edited out something or speeded it up to make it fit onto 1 CD.
Good observation - what is the total running time of the 2 Cdrs ?

deadringer

Post by deadringer »

Johanesson wrote:How can it be the complete show?
The complete show fit onto one CD with no problem. It is no way longer than 75 minutes anyway. No edits.