Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Tom in North Carolina
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Did Elvis Inhale??

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

Never smoked cigs, since my big brother caught me when I was 12 and made me smoke the whole pack AND inhale. I was sick for 2 days after that. Now, that being said, I do enjoy a nice stogie every now and then on the golf course. While I prefer a Cohiba, Romeo y Julieta, or Davidoff, I'm just as happy lighting up a Partagas, Macanudo, Arturo Fuente or H. Uppman.

Tom

Justin

Post by Justin »

Big or small cigars...they're still cigars and you don't really inhale cigars as you would with a cigarette. A cigarette, you inhale and you pull it down your lungs and through your nose...whatever. Cigars you just let the smoke stay inside your mouth and then blow it out...it does not go past the throat and into the lungs. They're far too strong and not meant to be smoked that way.

Elvis knew better than to overabuse cigars/smoking considering his voice was his main tool.

Hav-A-Tampa
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Post by Hav-A-Tampa »

I smoke cigars, and cigarettes... Have tried Have-A-Tampas (well, of course!) but they're not my favorite brand... that would be the Cuban Monte Christo cigar. Romeo y Julieta is nice too! And like IMETJB said, you don't inhale the smoke, it's not very pleasant. I'm sure Elvis didn't, maybe when smoking cigarettes, but my understanding is that he rarely smoked those, he was more a cigar man.

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

unclefester wrote:Did Elvis Inhale??
Elvis was on this planet for 42 years, 7 months and 8 days. Can't do that without inhaling.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Richard Palmer

Post by Richard Palmer »

IMETJB wrote: Elvis knew better than to overabuse cigars/smoking considering his voice was his main tool.
Yeah, thank heavens for that incredible self control of his. Without it he'd never have made it to such a ripe old age.

tcb4
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Post by tcb4 »

unclefester wrote:We've seen pictures of Elvis with either a mini cigar or a cigarette....more so the Hav-A-Tampa cigars....what I was wondering is....Did Elvis inhale when he smoked?? ...and as an aside....how many members here light up on occasion??..........uf
please, go and buy the book "elvis for dummies" :idea:

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

unclefester wrote:We've seen pictures of Elvis with either a mini cigar or a cigarette....more so the Hav-A-Tampa cigars....what I was wondering is....Did Elvis inhale when he smoked?? ...and as an aside....how many members here light up on occasion??..........uf
Picture 066.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire