Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
OnTourCam
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Re: Madison has forgot to add treble to there new cd

Post by OnTourCam »

ahah Jeff D that was a good 1 good to see some people have a sence of humour still

:D

Topic author
OnTourCam

Post by OnTourCam »

OK Matthew if you think your right

what happens when you take all the treble from greensboro cd ?

Both greensboro and richmond then sound pretty much the same

but if your bring the highs up in both cd's you get the same results until you try if keep your commments to yaself

If you want to hear this cd in good sound i'm not sure why you wouldn't try it

maybe you can't be assed who knows

BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 6 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

JEFF d wrote:Hey you should have renamed the thread this instead:

"If you're lookin for treble you came to the wrong place!" :D

JEFF d
EP fan
Nice one Jeff D !!! :lol:

thenexte

Post by thenexte »

I think what happened here is that Madison simply "forgot" to re-EQ the Richmond show (the same way they re-EQ'd the Greensboro show) when they mastered it. "Red Hot in Richmond" has the same lousy sound consistent with the original movie and I bet their original Greensboro tape (before EQ'ing) started out the same way and they did a great with the EQ on that one to bring out all the details. I'm actually really surprised this has happened because Madison usually stands for quality releases but maybe their sound engineer did have an off day here (and it wouldn't be the first time as "A New Kind of Rhythm" is overloaded with tons of treble).

pageglen
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by pageglen »

I Agree the 3-21-76 show DID have too much treble in the 12,000 KHZ to 16,000 KHZ range. That's why we have Nero WAV editor to fix things though.
It does take a lot of time though,I know.
At least we can fix the Richmond 4-10-72 cd with a good Wav editor,then burn it to out own cdrs,I will probably end up doing this.
Glen

thenexte

Post by thenexte »

pageglen wrote:I Agree the 3-21-76 show DID have too much treble in the 12,000 KHZ to 16,000 KHZ range. That's why we have Nero WAV editor to fix things though. It does take a lot of time though, I know. At least we can fix the Richmond 4-10-72 cd with a good Wav editor,then burn it to out own cdrs, I will probably end up doing this. Glen
To be honest I don't want to burn my own CDRs to fix their products, I want the label to fix it for me before I spend my hard earned money on their releases. Perhaps it's time for Madison to find a new sound engineer so they can get back into the groove. I can forgive one botched Madison product but two?

Keith F

Post by Keith F »

thenexte wrote:
pageglen wrote:I Agree the 3-21-76 show DID have too much treble in the 12,000 KHZ to 16,000 KHZ range. That's why we have Nero WAV editor to fix things though. It does take a lot of time though, I know. At least we can fix the Richmond 4-10-72 cd with a good Wav editor,then burn it to out own cdrs, I will probably end up doing this. Glen
To be honest I don't want to burn my own CDRs to fix their products, I want the label to fix it for me before I spend my hard earned money on their releases. Perhaps it's time for Madison to find a new sound engineer so they can get back into the groove. I can forgive one botched Madison product but two?
According to Elvis In Norway there are more than two!

Deleted User 930

Post by Deleted User 930 »

tcb1 wrote:some people are never happy, just be happy you got it and if you can fiddle with it to get better sound great do it..
Correct!

What you hear also depends on the hardware you use.