EU plans to extend copyright law

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

likethebike
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Re: EU plans to extend copyright law

Post by likethebike »

You're all fearful of BMG not releasing a specific show, but suppose someone out there has outtakes or a rare show that they want to release but don't want to do business with BMG. It's a two way street although going PD after 50 staggering years offers a lot more on its side of the street.

PEP
Registered for: 21 years

Post by PEP »

I've been looking into this a little further, so, just so everyone knows, the Hayride show will be PD regardless. Lets go by 50 years of release date. Release date is not only by record or CD. Its also from live performance and radio broadcast. Release date means given to the public in whatever legal format. Since that Hayride show was both, its already out of copyright. Therefore the broadcast tape FTD has in their hands, will fall into public domain regardless of whether the new law comes into play or not.

PEP 8)

Monique
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Monique »

PEP wrote:I've been looking into this a little further, so, just so everyone knows, the Hayride show will be PD regardless. Lets go by 50 years of release date. Release date is not only by record or CD. Its also from live performance and radio broadcast. Release date means given to the public in whatever legal format. Since that Hayride show was both, its already out of copyright. Therefore the broadcast tape FTD has in their hands, will fall into public domain regardless of whether the new law comes into play or not.

PEP 8)
In that case BMG (or whoever) has let their chance go by to make (more) money out of the hayride show... But there are still alternative takes from songs that have never been released (in a legal way). So these are not being threatened by the 50 years term.

Always Elvis on my mind