Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
elvislennon
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Re: how come a good version of the japanese aloha has not -

Post by elvislennon »

There is no good copy of this at all. They all have the same problems in it. You need to understand that it comes from one of the really old tapes that came out before VHS, Beta and so on. These was a bit bigger. I would say aroudn the 80s when Beta came out that it was transfer on to it and then maybe to VHS. Or when VHS first started that it was transferred on to it and had those problems in it. So that is the best that you will find.

Mike Eder
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Post by Mike Eder »

It's funny my VHS has the the long intro, and commentary plus the 1972 footage of the November shows and Press Conference (including a question not seen on the Aloha easter egg dvd.. Though we get the gitch and miss part of the intros and the pictures not great. The DVD looks and sounds better but it still has the glitch and mine basically just shows the concert with some of the dressing room footage added on.

Mike Eder

KiwiAlan
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by KiwiAlan »

Was a professional copy ever made.......it might just be that being screened live that no 2 inch copy was made.

All copies in existence might stem from off air capture. That could explain the inherent "noise" quality. And the glitch.

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

First In Line
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by First In Line »

Hey Randall, sorry to hear about the glitch still being there, I thought it wasn't. It's looking like all versions have that. If LP is the guy behind this video then he might be the only one who has a copy that doesn't have it in which he won't either sell a copy or he will only sell a copy for quite a bit of money. Be warned, deal with him at your own risk!

OnTourCam

Post by OnTourCam »

save your money guys larry patrick should not be trading his stuff is quality sh*t.

I bought this last year and the quality was the same very poor with cuts and all.

but on his site it says great quality haha

i'v tried to contact all the tv stations in Hawaii and Japan but with no luck i think we just got to keep searching it must turn up some day

Gregory Nolan Jr.

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

There's something to be said for just enjoying the deluxe re-edit that came out in 2004.

It's probably never getting much better than this release for the time being.

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

First In Line
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by First In Line »

The only two good things about the Japanese version is we get to see Elvis' dressing room door, if you can call that good and then we have the different camera angles. Other than that, that's about all there is