Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

info. re:unrelesed film, soundboards, session-tapes ?

Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:45 am

this is a plea to fan/private collectors worldwide to share any info that they
may have on unreleased film, unreleased soundboards of concerts, any studio session tapes which rca/bmg have lost and remain unreleased, any unreleased homerecordings etc. which have fallen into private hands over the years.please give as much info as possible talk ananmously if you like
our mouths are salvating for these gems. many thanks in advance
:wink: 8) :lol:

Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:13 pm

That does not say much about that person either.

Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:52 am

some collectors are very selfish c'mon share it.

Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:31 am

tulsa1960 wrote:some collectors are very selfish c'mon share it.

The FTD team of Ernst and Roger are probably aware of some of these people who have such items of interest. It is whether BMG wants to cough up with the funds needed to purchase these. There are no outakes or material out there that is worth 100,000 Dollars. If private collectors think they are going to get rich, think again!!!!!

Just my opinion!!!

TCB

Randall

Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:39 am

have`nt these greedy/selfish collectors heard of sharing/giving to the poor/needy( as in us). so come on do your good deed for the day share!
thankyou :lol: :arrow: :lol:

Re: info. re:unrelesed film, soundboards, session-tapes ?

Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:42 am

cc rider wrote:have`nt these greedy/selfish collectors heard of sharing/giving to the poor/needy( as in us). so come on do your good deed for the day share!
thankyou :lol: :arrow: :lol:

I Agree!!!!!!!

TCB

Randall

Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:06 pm

Ok, then... to those on the board who do have these unreleased stuffs... if you'd like to see the material come into the hands of BMG (and NOT bootleggers), but they are unwilling to pay what you're looking for... contact me.

This is something I've been working on for awhile, actually. All who have such materials, contact me at either mikemccoyjak@hotmail.com or jonburrows@mchsi.com

Thank you, and maybe we can eventually get this into the hands of the fans (legally!)

Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:16 pm

ASTA LA VISTA BB
Last edited by CHRISTIAN M on Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:19 am

Hi, Christian!

Yes, because sometimes these private collectors want more than BMG can (or will) pay... (EPE doesn't buy audio material, as they have no rights to it). My idea will give the collectors an amount closer to what they want (depending on the situation), and give BMG the price they want.

This is part of the small group I've recenly formed, the E.A.P. Society (The Elvis Archeological Preservation Society). We have a mere 10 members (may grow in the future, but that remains to be seen), all who feel that Elvis recorded/filmed/etc material should be shared with the fans at large (though legal channels of course), and are willing to do what it takes to get that done, and have the means to do it. All members know their Elvis stuff, and are willing to help BMG sift through all the bunk to find the treasure.

With the cooperation of the private collectors, the possibilities may well be endless.

Some of you will probably be laughing your heads off now.. hope some of you will take this seriously, I think it could work out great!

-Mike
Founder/Co-President of the E.A.P. Society

Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:58 am

Hi, Keith!

I agree with you on this (and I have to say, I wish more people were like you, you're a great guy!), I think maybe they were just venting some anger along with their plea... (don't forget, everybody, as the saying goes: "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar")

With some collectors, there's a draw to having sometime nobody else has... and it takes quite a bit of persuasion to change that if it's a strong feeling. While that doesn't exactly make me happy, it isn't mine to give - and everyone is entitled to their own way of collecting.

Perhaps those with unreleased material that they want to approach BMG with (but don't know how?) will take a liking to my idea. :)

Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:10 am

mikemcCoy good idea and good luck with your e.a.p society,let us know how you get on,or if you require any help. keith flynn keep shairing your a
good freind.

Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:33 am

Well, the best way that everybody can help is by contacting any and all individuals who have unreleased material of any quality (if you know people who do), and give them these e-mail addresses:

:arrow: jonburrows@mchsi.com or (secondary): mikemccoyjak@mchsi.com

Eventually, we'll set a web site up, but that may be awhile.

Feel free to include anything I've said in this thread, I may make a big "pro" looking statement, but what I have here now should do.

:!: Details:
If it's orginals being sold, that is best, but if it is copies from the collector's original tape source (as some collectors want to keep their original tapes), something special will have to be worked out to achieve the best copy possible - with any luck, this will only need to be done once. The seller may remain annonymous, or may work out something to get a thank you credit if possible (in addition to what they get for the material, of course).

Spread the word to whomever you can about the E.A.P. Society, and with some luck, hopefully we will see great things in the future. Some people may think we're aiming a bit high, but I love the phrase, "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll be among the stars." :D

Good Idea

Wed Apr 30, 2003 7:27 am

I'm not laughing Mike. I think it's a good idea. :D

Thu May 01, 2003 1:53 am

I dont know if Im correct, but if you are one of these hardcores collectors. Not only matters what you have also what the other people dont have. So lets say a soundboard, if everybody has that soundboard like for example Madison Square Garden concert ..any of both already released by RCA, I dont think that a collector is going to get excited to have or not becuase everybody has it.

We will be happy with everything, and I couldnt care less if other people have it too but im not this kind of collector. Bad news is that they have te material and we dont. I dont think that they want to sell it to a less price becuase then it is not worth it.

its like some of our bootlegs, I wont sell the A Profile Boxes for $300 ! even though it is a wonderful price but for $10,000 I can sell you both ...I hope you understand what I mean ...

Francesc

Thu May 01, 2003 2:18 am

It is clear you didnt understand what I meant i was not talking about me I was talking about maybe how some collectors feel about not giving away their collections or sharing them ... Also I dont make any money in the Elvis World. Zero ! Worse than that I pay a server and a domain for other to enjoy ...so you got everything wrong :roll:

Francesc

Thu May 01, 2003 2:25 am

No problem Keith. I guess you read the last part only hehe.

Selling off collectables

Thu May 01, 2003 12:15 pm

I don't have any really valuable treats in my collection. However, there are some things which simply aren't for sale. Like a couple of (now hard-to-get) CDs. But if someone offered me some ridiculous amount of money for them, I just might reconsider :)

Fri May 02, 2003 11:38 am

ALT+CTRL+DEL
Last edited by vinyljunkie on Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 03, 2003 6:59 pm

Vinyljunkie & keith, I couldnĀ“t agree more wit you guys :!: :!:

regards,
Stefan

Sun May 04, 2003 4:20 am

you would think there would be acetates from some of the sessions that are lost from tape.
july 2,1956
sept 1-3,1956
sept 5-7,1957
i believe bmg has some missing loving you sessions on acetate from the jan sessions.
i've heard this sometime back that a reel was done of severial acetates from this session.
would be nice if this material would turn up on cd.
there's probily more hayride material on acetate too.
what i would like to get is a good source of the kid galahad sessions
the ones i have are pitched way too fast and is distorted.

Sun May 04, 2003 4:44 am

Tulsa, the best source for those sessions is the 3-LP set tha TCB records put out a long time ago - still has pitch problems, but that's easy enough to correct. :)

Sun May 04, 2003 6:20 am

does anyone have this set they can make cdrs from?