Sound Of Your Cry

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

luckyjackson1
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Re: Sound Of Your Cry

Post by luckyjackson1 »

Don't care too much for Take 3 (except for the beautiful high notes Elvis sings with a lot of emotion on the first verse), but I LOVE the full overdubbed 4-minute master as found on "Greatest Hits, Volume One".

When the evening shadows fall
And you're wondering who to call
For a little company
There's always me

fn2drive
TWO WEEK SUSPENSION
TWO WEEK SUSPENSION
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by fn2drive »

Inspired vocals-lackluster song. Big problem duringthis period was all the crap delivered to Elvis to record that he was willing put down to tape. On the Love Letters FTD, he calls a song not good or bad, just mediocre. He was forced into doing this for the publishing income and the relentless release schedule. He should have passed on the mediocre crap.
He is my everyhing on the He Touched Me Gospel album- give me a break.
Elvis lacked a cohesive vision after 1969 though Elvis Country arguably was his self-last inspired output until From Elvis Presley Blvd. which at least collected tracks that reflected where he was in his life (the masterpiece here isn't the songs but the autobiography). In between was the best of the drivel he was provided plus things that he had liked and demanded recording in spite of publishing rights. Better management of the artist would have made a huge difference and probably saved his life by inspiriing him rather than allow him to feed into his most self-destructive tendencies.

While i generally agree with Doc, i actually believe Elvis' version of
Shakin' is the equal of JLL's. While the latter is surely iconic, as another poster noted Elvis' is a completely different song. Doc correctly notes the great guitar work. Taken as a whole i believe it matches the best output of earlier periods. One thing for sure, the live versions were all awful.

Hack n. 1. a person, esp. a professional, who surrenders individual independence, integrity, belief, etc., in return for money or other reward

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man »

fn2drive wrote: He is my everyhing on the He Touched Me Gospel album- give me a break.
One of the biggest piles of crap in his entire catalogue. "I long to bow down before him and hear him say well done". indeed.

TELL IT LIKE IT IS, SON!!! Excusez-moi monsieur ?
Image Image

minkahed
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by minkahed »

elvisalisellers wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
fg76 wrote:I think "Sound of Your Cry" is decent. It would have fit on "Elvis Now" better than "We Can Make the Morning" or even "Sylvia" did.
Man, talk about a trio of very sub-par masters from a guy who should have been cutting nothing but top-shelf material in 1970-71.

Sorry, but none of those are worth a crap, honestly.

Val wrote:"The Sound Of Your Cry" is in my opinion a weak offering from Elvis.
Absolutely right.
I take it you have not heard the super cool alt. version [higher key] from the 'Platinum' box-set ?
I have ...

Sorry, the song is still not alot to shout about.

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

I like the song. Especially the unedited master found on the Joan Deary produced album Greatest Hits
Vol 1. I don't care for any of the outtakes I've heard.