Hits of the 70's

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Ciscoking
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Re: Hits of the 70's

Post by Ciscoking »

BIGREDG wrote:Just a quick update to confirm that this Cd is factory pressed real CD.
Just a quick question...

..........who cares.......???................ :wink:

sorry...couldn`t resist... :lol:

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 6 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

Ciscoking wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:Just a quick update to confirm that this Cd is factory pressed real CD.
Just a quick question...

..........who cares.......???................ :wink:

sorry...couldn`t resist... :lol:
Judging by the fact that you have taken the time to post here, you must care deeply :smt002

Just kidding, we know you love your CDrs :lol:

epfan4life

Post by epfan4life »

You guys never get old with this C-R-A-P talk.

Mean while im enjoing my copy of the hits from the 70's. very nice !! :smt006

BigredG
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

epfan4life wrote:Mean while im enjoing my copy of the hits from the 70's. very nice !! :smt006
You are my friend for life :smt002

It's a very nice CD.

My only gripe was that I had to ruin the very nice sticker on the back when I opened the plastic cover :cry:

Should have cut the top open with a knife on reflection !!

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

epfan4life wrote:You guys never get old with this C-R-A-P talk.

And what copy is that? The actual UK vinyl called "Hits of the 70's" or a certain bootleg CD doing the rounds that is playing on the nostalgia of Elvis collectors but doesn't actually contain the album it bears the cover art for?

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

BIGREDG wrote:
epfan4life wrote:Mean while im enjoing my copy of the hits from the 70's. very nice !! :smt006
You are my friend for life :smt002

It's a very nice CD.

My only gripe was that I had to ruin the very nice sticker on the back when I opened the plastic cover :cry:

Should have cut the top open with a knife on reflection !!
Why didn't you preserve this limited edition collectable and leave it sealed? You have all the material in the same audio formats already in your collection.

Tisk, call yourself a collector!

8)

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Matthew wrote: And what copy is that? The actual UK vinyl called "Hits of the 70's" or a certain bootleg CD doing the rounds that is playing on the nostalgia of Elvis collectors but doesn't actually contain the album it bears the cover art for?
If it was not so sad, that would be funny !! Playing on the nostalgia - classic.

You can just picture the scene - fan gets his Cd in the post, and says - "sh*t, 18 tracks, masters and outtakes, boo hoo - I was hoping for just the 12 master tracks that I already have a hundred times"

Strange world you live in Matthew.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Matthew wrote:Why didn't you preserve this limited edition collectable and leave it sealed? You have all the material in the same audio formats already in your collection.

8)
It's OK Matthew, I have an extra mint sealed one "for investment" purposes - panic over ;-)

epfan4life

Post by epfan4life »

Matthew wrote:
epfan4life wrote:You guys never get old with this C-R-A-P talk.

or a certain bootleg CD doing the rounds that is playing on the nostalgia of Elvis collectors but doesn't actually contain the album it bears the cover art for?
Yes my friend this one ! :smt006

epfan4life

Post by epfan4life »

BIGREDG wrote:
Matthew wrote:Why didn't you preserve this limited edition collectable and leave it sealed? You have all the material in the same audio formats already in your collection.

8)
It's OK Matthew, I have an extra mint sealed one "for investment" purposes - panic over ;-)
Wise man you are.
i dont seen the point in throwing stones at these releases. hello, you are on a website called Elvis Cd Collectors. If you don't like the CD, dont buy it simple as that dont tell other CD collectors whats crap and whats not. Your opinion of crap might be someone elses gold mine! its all about collecting my friends. :smt006 :smt006 :smt006

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

epfan4life wrote:Wise man you are.
i dont seen the point in throwing stones at these releases. hello, you are on a website called Elvis Cd Collectors. If you don't like the CD, dont buy it simple as that dont tell other CD collectors whats crap and whats not. Your opinion of crap might be someone elses gold mine! its all about collecting my friends. :smt006 :smt006 :smt006
Are you sure you are not me, posing under a new username :smt002

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

BIGREDG wrote:
Matthew wrote: And what copy is that? The actual UK vinyl called "Hits of the 70's" or a certain bootleg CD doing the rounds that is playing on the nostalgia of Elvis collectors but doesn't actually contain the album it bears the cover art for?
If it was not so sad, that would be funny !! Playing on the nostalgia - classic.

You can just picture the scene - fan gets his Cd in the post, and says - "sh*t, 18 tracks, masters and outtakes, boo hoo - I was hoping for just the 12 master tracks that I already have a hundred times"

Why does it bear the (altered) album coverart of an RCA 70's hits compilation proclaiming "finally on CD!" if it doesn't contain the original album? Answer, to play on nastalgia. They should have just titled it a BMG/FTD sampler CD and been done with it.

Unless I'm mistaken the original LP actually showcases what would now be considered "rare" mono mixes of some material.

"tracks that I already have a hundred times", now thats funny!

epfan4life

Post by epfan4life »

BIGREDG wrote:
My friend i just have been watching this thread for long enough and kept quiet and wanted to say my opinion finally. :D
Please keep us updated in the next import releases my friend !! :smt004

epfan4life

Post by epfan4life »

Matthew wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:

Why does it bear the (altered) album coverart of an RCA 70's hits compilation proclaiming "finally on CD!" if it doesn't contain the original album? Answer, to play on nastalgia. They should have just titled it a BMG/FTD sampler CD and been done with it.

Unless I'm mistaken the original LP actually showcases what would now be considered "rare" mono mixes of some material.

If you dont like it dont buy it simple as that really. i happen to enjoy it. really nice layout :smt006

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

BIGREDG wrote:
I'm sure its not you...

epfan4life

Post by epfan4life »

Matthew wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:
I'm sure its not you...
LMAO wow this is funny you think its him because someone happens to like these sort of releases...ur a bright one man

Have the admins check the IP adresses I assure you they are not the same my friend.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Matthew wrote: Why does it bear the (altered) album coverart of an RCA 70's hits compilation proclaiming "finally on CD!" if it doesn't contain the original album? Answer, to play on nastalgia.
The front cover on my copy does not bear this declaration.

Of course it plays on nostalgia, but Elvis collecting at this stage (31 years on) IS nostalgia !! The way you say it is as though they are trying to con people into thinking it is simply the old 12 track LP. Maybe the flyer was a bit foolish in using the "finally on CD" tag, I will concede that.

Matthew wrote:They should have just titled it a BMG/FTD sampler CD and been done with it.
Now that would be downright dishonest !! You have a criminal mind my friend. :smt002

Matthew wrote:Unless I'm mistaken the original LP actually showcases what would now be considered "rare" mono mixes of some material.

In actual fact, the LP in it's original guise was released on a fan club CDr several years ago anyhow :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

epfan4life wrote:
Matthew wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:
I'm sure its not you...
LMAO wow this is funny you think its him because someone happens to like these sort of releases...ur a bright one man

Have the admins check the IP adresses I assure you they are not the same my friend.
Try harder sparky.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

epfan4life wrote: LMAO wow this is funny you think its him because someone happens to like these sort of releases...ur a bright one man

It's OK, Matthew is sure you are not me !!

It was just me that was not sure you were not me !! :smt002

Glad we cleared that one up :D

epfan4life

Post by epfan4life »

BIGREDG wrote:
Matthew wrote: Why does it bear the (altered) album coverart of an RCA 70's hits compilation proclaiming "finally on CD!" if it doesn't contain the original album? Answer, to play on nastalgia.
The front cover on my copy does not bear this declaration.

Of course it plays on nostalgia, but Elvis collecting at this stage (31 years on) IS nostalgia !! The way you say it is as though they are trying to con people into thinking it is simply the old 12 track LP. Maybe the flyer was a bit foolish in using the "finally on CD" tag, I will concede that.

Matthew wrote:They should have just titled it a BMG/FTD sampler CD and been done with it.
Now that would be downright dishonest !! You have a criminal mind my friend. :smt002

Matthew wrote:Unless I'm mistaken the original LP actually showcases what would now be considered "rare" mono mixes of some material.

In actual fact, the LP in it's original guise was released on a fan club CDr several years ago anyhow :shock:
It's really nice CD nothing essential but its what collectors do. collect CDs!!! :smt006
For some reason i really like the cover too!! :)

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Ok ok Matthew, stop bugging me.

Here's the scan of the sticker !!! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

epfan4life wrote:

i dont seen the point in throwing stones at these releases. hello, you are on a website called Elvis Cd Collectors. If you don't like the CD, dont buy it simple as that dont tell other CD collectors whats crap and whats not.
The meaning of this site is not just advertising every single piece of junk that is coming on the market. Where would we be if anybody would just accept these rip-offs..??
The meaning of this site is building opinions and discussing CD..may they be bad or good... and not just accepting cause this site is "FECC" only.

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Mentioning a Cd and posting details and scans is hardly hype !!

I have seen no hype - quite the contrary - a nice Cd but not essential seems to be the conclusion.

Are you sure English is your first language Memfis ?

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

memfisking wrote:Perhaps BIGREDG sells "imports" and therefore uses this mb to hype even the shi##yest cd's.
Someone that sells dog sh#t will tell everyone that it's the best dog sh#t in town.
Just ask him...he is there..

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Ciscoking wrote:The meaning of this site is not just advertising every single piece of junk that is coming on the market. Where would we be if anybody would just accept these rip-offs..??
The meaning of this site is building opinions and discussing CD..may they be bad or good... and not just accepting cause this site is "FECC" only.
Can we just make a small clarification here. Mentioning Cds that come out to let people know that they are around is not advertising - be they good, bad or downright ugly. It's informing. Surely no one can object to that on an Elvis CD Collectors forum :roll:

LD started the thread, and said early on that it is a good starting point for discussion.

And following on from that, sure discussion of said cds is fine when it is not automatic naysaying from a point of ignorance.

I wish there was much more active discussion of CD releases here, positive and negative. But what we get is barely discussion at all, just knee jerk bitching. And this mainly from a handfull of "collectors" who think anything that is not "fantastic" is automatically C-R-A-P. There is in fact a hell of a lot of middle ground between Great and Awful. But it's just too easy to take the lazy option - oh it's not Madison/Reeltrax/Straight Arrow.... - it's crap.