Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Ciscoking
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Hits of the 70's

Post by Ciscoking »

BIGREDG wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:BigG,..be aware..my gang is becoming bigger and bigger....the Doc would say: Read and learn.. ..right, Doc..?.... :lol:
Let's get ready to rumble - your place or mine ??
No way,..you are much too strong for me, mein freund.. :lol:

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 7 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

tcb1 wrote: Not at all, I just hate rip off merchants, and although I do not know the person behind it, I have been told who he is. which means nothing to me at all.
I have had no dealings with him and probably never will have either.
This makes your post even more strange.

First you say it's a cdr, when the announcement says it is not. Then you say that you know how the cd has been produced (on a PC), and that there is no sound improvement (how can you possibly know this ?), and that the artwork is just copied (the front cover of course has been for obvious reasons, but not the rest), and that whoever the guy who made it is a rip off merchant (although you know nothing of them or the CD). If you are not grinding your own axe, you must be grinding someone elses (wittingly or unwittingly).

We have discussed the concept of "rip off" before. Is this CD conning fans because it is not a straight copy of the original LP ? or is it conning fans by saying it is unreleased material ? I can't see that.

So it is a con because the material is already available, and some fans may think otherwise ?

BigredG
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

Ciscoking wrote:
tcb1 wrote: Not at all, I just hate rip off merchants,
Me, too,..believe me..!!!... :wink:
But you love Reel Trax who have stolen Oh How I Love Jesus from BMG and messed with the sound and put it on their new CD ?

Rank double standards - this is what I hate.

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

BIGREDG wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
tcb1 wrote: Not at all, I just hate rip off merchants,
Me, too,..believe me..!!!... :wink:
But you love Reel Trax who have stolen Oh How I Love Jesus from BMG and messed with the sound and put it on their new CD ?

Rank double standards - this is what I hate.
One single track..on one single disc I was recommending..out of loads..
....you are joking, right..??... :smt005
You are recommending discs which consist completely of stolen BMG tracks all the time.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Ciscoking wrote: No way,..you are much too strong for me, mein freund.. :lol:
Ja, aber ihr bande und Cisco - vielleicht :!:

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Ciscoking wrote:One single track..on one single disc I was recommending..out of loads..
....you are joking, right..??... :smt005
No, not joking at all.

It is a principle - either it is ok with you to take BMG tracks or it is not.

The quantity is a secondary issue.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Matthew wrote: And for the record I don't recall ever calling you a name, just to be clear on that.
Did I call you something ?

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

BIGREDG wrote:
Your German is marvellous....bravo, mein freund...
it`s getting better every day...soon we can drink a beer (or two) together and speak German...you know what.?? When I am drunk I can even speak French.... :lol:

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Ciscoking wrote: Your German is marvellous....bravo, mein freund...
Thanks - I am proud now :)
Ciscoking wrote:it`s getting better every day...soon we can drink a beer (or two) together and speak German...you know what.?? When I am drunk I can even speak French.... :lol:
A beer or 3 would be cool. When I am drunk, I cannot speak at all !! You will love that !! :smt002

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

tcb1 wrote: it will still be a worthless piece of S.H.I.T

These should be left to FTD not some snotty nosed kid sitting at home on his PC..
For months now I am trying to teach him that....perhaps you succeed....(well I don`t think so)..... :roll:

Joern

Post by Joern »

We're talking on four pages about a CD which no one needs and almost forget to discuss the marvellous latest issue from Madison that is lost in the middle of nowhere on page 3.

I really don't care about this CD (which is most probably a CDr - as the before mentioned ones like the "Standing Room Only!", "Inspirations", "The Ultimate Performance", "Love Songs" and so on), but if someone is ready to pay his hard earned money for it - go ahead, but don't come back to complain about being ripped off, because you were warned.

Joern

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

BIGREDG wrote:
Matthew wrote: And for the record I don't recall ever calling you a name, just to be clear on that.
Did I call you something ?
:arrow:
BIGREDG wrote:Looks like a nice little collectable CD to me, but as I am sure the Matthew's and TONY's will soon tell us, you could make one like it yourself !! :roll:
Matthew wrote:You can roll your eyes all you like and if you've got nothing better to spend your hard earned cash on then knock yourself out, its your money. Just don't try and kid yourself or anyone else that there is anything remotely collectable about this release.
BIGREDG wrote:Clearly the very concept of collectable eludes you Matthew.
If one has an interest in collecting items, be they stamps, coins, books etc etc, then how would an item that is limited to 500 sets not be collectable to those people ?
Accepting that it is a bootleg Cd, and people collect bootleg CDs becuase that is their hobby, your continued banal postings on such cds is somewhat ludicrous.
But I guess that is the way it is with most hobbies. People on the outside looking in are always going to find the stamp collector a geek, the coin collector an anal moron, the Cd collector who collects Cds with the same tracks on in many guises an idiot. The only question then remaining is why do these detractors of the hobby keep coming to the hobby's message board ??
Rob wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:People on the outside looking in are always going to find the stamp collector a geek.
Guilty as charged. I don't know anyone who collects stamps. If I did, I would probably think they were a little on the "geekish" side.
BIGREDG wrote:But at least you don't go on their websites calling them names and denigrating their hobby !!
Your posts implied that I had done so, I wanted to make sure we're on the same page.

PS. I would say it is foolish to think of this forum as some sort of exclusive discussion page for Elvis CD Collectors, title aside, I don't think anyone is under any illusions that this is not a full on Elvis Presley forum, where CD discussion is just one of its many elements.

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Joern wrote:We're talking on four pages about a CD which no one needs
Right so,..at first glance you see that this is just another piece of junk..some obviously don`t....and even recommend such C-R-A-P...

Topic author
Little Darlin
Registered for: 17 years
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

Joern wrote:We're talking on four pages about a CD which no one needs and almost forget to discuss the marvellous latest issue from Madison that is lost in the middle of nowhere on page 3.

I really don't care about this CD (which is most probably a CDr - as the before mentioned ones like the "Standing Room Only!", "Inspirations", "The Ultimate Performance", "Love Songs" and so on), but if someone is ready to pay his hard earned money for it - go ahead, but don't come back to complain about being ripped off, because you were warned.

Joern
No one has forgotten about the latest Madison release at all imo. When we received it, we discussed it, and as more and more folks get it, it will be discussed again no doubt.

If these new releases weren't brought to folks attention -- how can you forewarn them that they are no good?

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

tcb1 wrote: Ok Bigredg does Elvis Now Alternate Album CD-R Moody Bule Alternate Album CD-R From Elvis Presley Boulevard Alt Album CD-R
Yeah - I got those super rare babies !! All were announced as Coloured CDrs and were. I know a few people who are "crying" because they missed out on these. Go figure !!
tcb1 wrote: The advert posted is made up by above but time will tell, like I said if by some mirical it is a factory pressed CD it will still be a worthless piece of S.H.I.T
These should be left to FTD not some snotty nosed kid sitting at home on his PC..
I bow to your greater pre-cognitive knowledge on this, as I do not know who makes them or if it is the same person, or the methods of production. But I do know that all 3 titles you mention were immensely popular, and also that the NOW one sounds fantastic.

It seems to me that the only possibly valid objection is the one that Matthew makes, that a lot of the base material is from BMG releases. If this arguement is consistently applied, I have no brook with that. People with strong feelings about that should avoid all such releases, including those where perhaps only 1 or 2 tracks are sourced in this manner.

I guess that you are not a fan of the popular Star DVDrs either ? Or that you just buy the rip off copies, or perhaps download them, as you seem into that too ?

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Matthew wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:But at least you don't go on their websites calling them names and denigrating their hobby !!
Your posts implied that I had done so, I wanted to make sure we're on the same page.
That was not specifically aimed at anyone. There are several posters who regularly say that buyers of such Cds are idiots, morons etc, and others, such as yourself, who merely imply it.

Matthew wrote:PS. I would say it is foolish to think of this forum as some sort of exclusive discussion page for Elvis CD Collectors, title aside, I don't think anyone is under any illusions that this is not a full on Elvis Presley forum, where CD discussion is just one of its many elements.
So now you are calling me a fool ? :smt002

No, I accept that this is a full on Elvis Forum within the Elvis Cd Collectors Website, but the level of negativity and hostility to most Import CDs still surprises me, as it seems natural to assume that people who come here at least have a passing interest in Elvis Cd Collecting !! But, I guess there are very few Elvis CD collectors actually posting here.

rockinrebel

Post by rockinrebel »

I have fond memories of the original album and. it’s always nice to see a release that was exclusive to the UK find it’s way on to CD. However, I don’t like what they have done with the track listing. These alternate recordings were not hits, and as the album has a relatively short playing time if the makers wanted to add alternate takes they could have sequenced these as bonus songs at the end of the original programme.

When I made a CD copy of this album for my own use I expanded it with some of the ‘70’s hits that were not included in the original collection and it made for a great listen.

Personally, I do find it surprising that people are so against these releases. I would agree that this is not an essential purchase but there’s no harm in a bit of nostalgia for those that enjoyed the original album.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

rockinrebel wrote:I have fond memories of the original album and. it’s always nice to see a release that was exclusive to the UK find it’s way on to CD. However, I don’t like what they have done with the track listing. These alternate recordings were not hits, and as the album has a relatively short playing time if the makers wanted to add alternate takes they could have sequenced these as bonus songs at the end of the original programme.

When I made a CD copy of this album for my own use I expanded it with some of the ‘70’s hits that were not included in the original collection and it made for a great listen.

Personally, I do find it surprising that people are so against these releases. I would agree that this is not an essential purchase but there’s no harm in a bit of nostalgia for those that enjoyed the original album.
Nicely said.

If, as TCB1 says, it is the same people who made the recent 3 CD "Alternate album" series, then perhaps they have "fallen betwen 2 stools" a bit. Taking an "alternate album" approach to it, rather than playing it straight.

But for myself, and Elvis CD Collectors as opposed to casual CD buyers, I still maintain that it is a nice limited edition collectable. In fact I cannot see how there can be any arguement about that.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Just a quick update to confirm that this Cd is factory pressed real CD.

tcb4
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Post by tcb4 »

Ciscoking wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:
Your German is marvellous....bravo, mein freund...
it`s getting better every day...soon we can drink a beer (or two) together and speak German...you know what.?? When I am drunk I can even speak French.... :lol:

we have an expression here, when someone speaks badly a foreign language, we say "he speaks french like a spanish cow" 8)

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

tcb4 wrote: we have an expression here, when someone speaks badly a foreign language, we say "he speaks french like a spanish cow" 8)
Where is here?

tcb4
Registered for: 19 years 2 months

Post by tcb4 »

BIGREDG wrote:
tcb4 wrote: we have an expression here, when someone speaks badly a foreign language, we say "he speaks french like a spanish cow" 8)
Where is here?
france :!:

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

BIGREDG wrote:Just a quick update to confirm that this Cd is factory pressed real CD.
Oh, in that case...

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

tcb4 wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:
Where is here?
france :!:
Hmmm - I guess the clues were there :smt002

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Matthew wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:Just a quick update to confirm that this Cd is factory pressed real CD.
Oh, in that case...
.....you'll buy 2 ? :smt002