Hits of the 70's

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Little Darlin
Registered for: 17 years
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Hits of the 70's

Post by Little Darlin »

promotional cd limited to 500 copies

´SOUNDS C O O L´ proudly presents: FINALLY ON CD: THE CLASSIC ALBUM: ´ELVIS HITS OF THE 70´s ´

Original pressed CD - NO CD-R !! ( so no C-R-A-P Imageciscoking)

4 page full color booklet incl. great 70s pics and info on Chart positions of all tracks, and important 1970´s dates in Elvis´ life.

18 tracks including masters and outtake

Tracklist:

The Wonder Of You ( alt live version. 18 february 1970 DINNER SHOW )

I´m Leavin´

Burning Love

Always On My Mind ( alt take 2 )

I Just Cant Help Believin ( alt live version august 10, 1970 )

You Dont Have To Say You Love Me

There Goes My Everything ( take 1)

Rags To Riches take 3

Until Its Time For You To Go

Kentucky Rain (take 9)

Ive lost you (studio master)

American Trilogy (Aloha versie )

Promised Land

My Boy ( undubbed )

Way Down

Hurt

Moody Blue

GOOGLE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Little Darlin on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

deadringer
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Re: Hits of the 70's

Post by deadringer »

>>> promotional cd limited to 500 copies

ehmmmm.... to promote WHAT EXACTLY?

Sounds cool? This CD sounds like an awful s**t to me. This is even worse than Tiger Man Vol. 789 or Legendary Performer Vol 459. Rip off CD and only idiots will buy this.

Topic author
Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

deadringer wrote:>>> promotional cd limited to 500 copies

ehmmmm.... to promote WHAT EXACTLY?

Sounds cool? This CD sounds like an awful s**t to me. This is even worse than Tiger Man Vol. 789 or Legendary Performer Vol 459. Rip off CD and only idiots will buy this.
Well maybe it's to promote a new label - I've never heard of them though -- anyone else has?

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 7 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

deadringer wrote: and only idiots will buy this.
I find this most insulting Mr Deadringer !!!

Does the phrase Elvis CD Collector mean NOTHING round here any more - Jeez !!

Perhaps we should just become a Beatles Forum after all :roll: :smt002
Last edited by BigredG on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigredG
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

Little Darlin wrote: I've never heard of them though -- anyone else has?
No, they are new !! :lol:

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Little Darlin wrote: Original pressed CD - NO CD-R !! ( so no C-R-A-P Imageciscoking)
Methinks you presume far too much of the great one !!

This will fit nicely into his C-R-A-P ( Imageciscoking) category. But then so do 95% of all Elvis Cd releases these days, so it is kind of an irrelevance. :P

Topic author
Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

BIGREDG wrote:
Little Darlin wrote: Original pressed CD - NO CD-R !! ( so no C-R-A-P Imageciscoking)
Methinks you presume far too much of the great one !!

This will fit nicely into his C-R-A-P ( Imageciscoking) category. But then so do 95% of all Elvis Cd releases these days, so it is kind of an irrelevance. :P
LOL!! I couldn't resist it!

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

The sad thing is that your statement is the antithesis of the truth. If it WAS a CDr, Cisco would love it :lol:

Johanesson
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Johanesson »

The original LP was great. It was the very first Elvis LP i've ever listened to.
But this new release looks strange to me... They destroyed the great original track-list. Originally this LP offered probably the best selection of the early 70's hits. This re-created album is nothing more than a haphazard collection of Elvis masters and outtakes.

Topic author
Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

Johanesson wrote:The original LP was great. It was the very first Elvis LP i've ever listened to.
But this new release looks strange to me... They destroyed the great original track-list. Originally this LP offered probably the best selection of the early 70's hits. This re-created album is nothing more than a haphazard collection of Elvis masters and outtakes.

Covers cool though :wink:

Johanesson

Post by Johanesson »

Little Darlin wrote: Covers cool though :wink:
Is it the final cover?
I thought it's just a mock up cover :D Well,i prefer the original.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Johanesson wrote:
Is it the final cover?
The cover is the same as the Original LP

What you see above is the promo flyer showing front cover, inside rear etc etc !!

jetblack

Post by jetblack »

Johanesson wrote:The original LP was great. It was the very first Elvis LP i've ever listened to.
Look closer this is the original track list with a few bonus tracks just as RCA/BMG did with their upgrades.

Andy

Elvis - King of the UK charts

Johanesson

Post by Johanesson »

BIGREDG wrote:
Johanesson wrote:
Is it the final cover?
The cover is the same as the Original LP

What you see above is the promo flyer showing front cover, inside rear etc etc !!
Great,then at least the cover will be right.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

jetblack wrote:
Look closer this is the original track list with a few bonus tracks just as RCA/BMG did with their upgrades.

Andy
Exactly.

Can't spot the right cover or the appropriate tracklist :roll: :smt002

Johanesson

Post by Johanesson »

jetblack wrote: Look closer this is the original track list with a few bonus tracks just as RCA/BMG did with their upgrades.
Maybe i'm wrong but i don't think they used alternate takes on the LP.... Plus 'An American Trilogy' was from 1972 (maybe Hampton Roads?) not from '73. I really don't like the Aloha version. There's nothing wrong with that version,i just don't like that. I have the same problem with the bonus tracks: even though i like them,those don't belong here. Why didn't they used early 70's tracks like 'It's A Matter Of Time' etc.?
By the way,there won't be more complaints from me. There are people who'll like it. To each his own.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Johanesson wrote:Maybe i'm wrong but i don't think they used alternate takes on the LP.
Of course you are not wrong on this point. I guess they have tried to stay true to the original concept, whilst at the same time try to make it more attractive to collectors who tend to favour alternate takes to the masters they have a 1,000 times already.

Looks like a nice little collectable CD to me, but as I am sure the Matthew's and TONY's will soon tell us, you could make one like it yourself !! :roll:

memfisking
Banned
Banned
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by memfisking »

More rubbish aimed at the most gullible fans out there. Some people will buy everything and anything which is the reason there is so much sh#te being released these days.

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

tcb1 wrote:, if I or anyone else wants it its just as easy to make your own..
OK, so it was not Matthew or TONY :smt002

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

tcb1 wrote:This is just a CD-R not a pressed CD
Is it ??? How do you know this ??

The press release clearly says it is NOT a CDr.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

memfisking wrote:More rubbish aimed at the most gullible fans out there.
Gullible in what way ?

memfisking
Banned
Banned

Post by memfisking »

BIGREDG wrote: Gullible in what way ?
That they will buy any old sh#te.

Ever here the saying?: "A fool and his money are soon parted"

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

memfisking wrote:

Maybe English is not your first language ?

memfisking
Banned
Banned

Post by memfisking »

BIGREDG wrote:
memfisking wrote:

Maybe English is not your first language ?
Why would you think that?

Ciscoking
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Ciscoking »

Problem, my friend,..not every silver disc is a masterpiece ..
..also much C-R-A-P has been released the past few months..to be honest more C-R-A-P than good ones...ask my friend Big G... :lol:
BIGREDG wrote: This will fit nicely into his C-R-A-P ( Imageciscoking) category. But then so do 95% of all Elvis Cd releases these days, so it is kind of an irrelevance. :P
It is not irrelevant ....see comments below. And they are by far not the only ones who know what they are talking about....contrary to one other... :wink:

deadringer wrote: This CD sounds like an awful s**t to me. This is even worse than Tiger Man Vol. 789 or Legendary Performer Vol 459.
He exactly knows what he is talking about.. :wink:
Johanesson wrote:This re-created album is nothing more than a haphazard collection of Elvis masters and outtakes.
memfisking wrote:More rubbish aimed at the most gullible fans out there. Some people will buy everything and anything which is the reason there is so much sh#te being released these days.
memfisking wrote: That they will buy any old sh#te.
Enough..???

BIGREDG wrote:The sad thing is that your statement is the antithesis of the truth. If it WAS a CDr, Cisco would love it :lol:
If it was a good one..why not..? I prefer a good CD-R over that C-R-A-P which costs 20 bucks..!!
So for cover collectors only...?.... :lol:
BIGREDG wrote: The press release clearly says it is NOT a CDr.
Since when do you believe in press releases..?? Aren`t they just lies..???.. :roll:

Summary:
BIGREDG wrote: Looks like a nice little collectable CD to me
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !