Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Ernie
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

New here but long time Elvis fan! A few questions please

Post by Ernie »

I'm glad I found this site, lots of good stuff! Am I mistaken, or did Elvis as a kid write a letter to baseball hero Jackie Robinson? Seems I heard that before. Does anyone know if Elvis ever met Sharon Tate, Marilyn Monroe or JFK? Thank you

Rob

Re: New here but long time Elvis fan! A few questions please

Post by Rob »

I've never heard the Jackie Robinson story before. I'm betting that the answer is NO on all accounts.

Welcome to the board. Jump in, hang on and have fun.

Little Darlin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

Welcome to FECC Ernie!

He did meet Marilyn didn't he? There was a story circulated not long ago that they had spent the night together but was found to be untrue, so I think the possibility is there of them meeting at least once.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Joe Car
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Joe Car »

Welcome aboard!

JEFF d
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by JEFF d »

Wasn't their and incedent in the 50s where Elvis had invited Marilyn to one of his Hollywood parties but she never showed or maybe it was vice-versa, I don't think the two ever met in person though. IIRC Monroe was not a fan of R&R music so she was not quite so enamored with Elvis. :D I've never heard of Elvis having any association w/ S. Tate or meeting JFK either.

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

bc55
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by bc55 »

Ernie wrote:I'm glad I found this site, lots of good stuff! Am I mistaken, or did Elvis as a kid write a letter to baseball hero Jackie Robinson? Seems I heard that before. Does anyone know if Elvis ever met Sharon Tate, Marilyn Monroe or JFK? Thank you
If I recall correctly, someone associated with the Memphis Mafia claimed to have brought Marilyn to Graceland for "One Night Of Bliss" sometime during the "early years" .....

I have, however, never read anything to substantiate, nor challenge that claim .....

Cheers

Sven