Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
TONY
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

ELVIS TODAY JAPANESE REMASTER CD

Post by TONY »

I just recieved this Japanese remaster and compared it to the FTD release of "Today" and the FTD one pales in sound quality by a long way. Once again, the Jap release is sharp, clear, more bass and treble response, making the FTD sound quality a duffer.

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Re: ELVIS TODAY JAPANESE REMASTER CD

Post by Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man »

yeah but the FTD has the undubbed album in perfect quality!!!

KingOfTheJungle

Post by KingOfTheJungle »

TONY wrote:I just recieved this Japanese remaster and compared it to the FTD release of "Today" and the FTD one pales in sound quality by a long way. Once again, the Jap release is sharp, clear, more bass and treble response, making the FTD sound quality a duffer.
Yeah, I really wish FTD would do a rerelease and let Vic and Jean-Marc do the remastering on this great album.

King Of The Jungle

thenexte

Post by thenexte »

KingOfTheJungle wrote:
TONY wrote:I just recieved this Japanese remaster and compared it to the FTD release of "Today" and the FTD one pales in sound quality by a long way. Once again, the Jap release is sharp, clear, more bass and treble response, making the FTD sound quality a duffer.
Yeah, I really wish FTD would do a rerelease and let Vic and Jean-Marc do the remastering on this great album.
I have to agree, the mastering on the "Today" FTD reissue was extremely poor and unfortunately there was no attempt undertaken by FTD to give this release a uniform sound that's representative of the sessions (as they did so excellently with the "Raised on rock" FTD reissue). It almost seems the "Today" reissue was simply patched together from different sources and put out without any post-processing at all (adjusting levels, etc.).

Topic author
TONY

Post by TONY »

Although it appears i was moaning about the FTD release, I am grateful for the wealth of additional material on their release, but I just wish they could get the sound as good as the Japanese relases and others. However, "Pot luck" and "Girls, girls, girls" FTD's were a genuine and definite step in the right direction, soundwise, and blew all previous issues away.

BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 6 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

TONY wrote:Although it appears i was moaning about the FTD release, I am grateful for the wealth of additional material on their release,
That is almost exactly what I was about to type. I was sad to hear the sound quality on this set, but still glad to have it !! But it could be a lot better.