Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

IN PERSON - I can't stop loving you scream

Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:42 pm

on this version just when the band stops before E ends the song, there is and hysteric screaming...sounds like a woman but what is she shouting?? :roll: always called my attention
thanks!

Re: IN PERSON - I can't stop loving you scream

Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:55 pm

I always thought it was the backing group: AAHH OOHHH AAAH OOOHH
If somebody actually knows what is shouted I'd love to hear!

Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:08 am

the scream is edited....it belongs to another part of a show...I think it's on the Drowned in sound bootleg during the intros

Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:15 am

The scream was punched in ...

Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:22 am

minkahed wrote:The scream was punched in ...

And looped. The scream is done only once, but the loops makes it sound like she screamed twice.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:23 am

I always thought that this orgasmic scream was utterly annoying.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:24 am

Lohmax wrote:I always thought that this orgasmic scream was utterly annoying.

Yes it is and utterly unnecessary. Its the worst part of that LP.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:53 am

The scream is edit out (or not "punch in") on the FTD CD "Hot August Night." This is my "go to" source for "I Can't Stop Loving You."

MT

Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:02 am

Just Jarvis working his 'magic'. Constitionally unable to allow Elvis to stand on his own greatness. Simply a hack.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:12 am

fn2drive wrote:Just Jarvis working his 'magic'. Constitionally unable to allow Elvis to stand on his own greatness. Simply a hack.

LOL ...

Put on the MSG version. No hack.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:32 am

fn2drive wrote:Just Jarvis working his 'magic'. Constitionally unable to allow Elvis to stand on his own greatness. Simply a hack.
Psychological projection seems to be at play here.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:45 am

Wow, I've just learned something new. I thought the screams were a result of Elvis doing something which triggered the response by an over-zealous fan. Elvis' versions of this Ray Charles classic are awesome.

rlj

Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:11 am

rlj4ep wrote:Wow, I've just learned something new. I thought the screams were a result of Elvis doing something which triggered the response by an over-zealous fan. Elvis' versions of this Ray Charles classic are awesome.

rlj
It was the response of an overzealous fan. Just looped for greater effect. The showroom wasn't on tour. It needed livening up a little. But the effect obviously worked if you just learnt it now. I thought the same until some years ago. Not the first or last live album that is tampered with. Other acts even had their main parts re-done. Nothing "live" about that.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:18 am

There's nothing wrong with throwing in an orgasm on a live Elvis LP.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:40 am

Elvis would never have inspired so many analyses if he hadn't first inspired so many orgasms.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:15 am

Juan Luis wrote:
rlj4ep wrote:Wow, I've just learned something new. I thought the screams were a result of Elvis doing something which triggered the response by an over-zealous fan. Elvis' versions of this Ray Charles classic are awesome.

rlj
It was the response of an overzealous fan. Just looped for greater effect. The showroom wasn't on tour. It needed livening up a little. But the effect obviously worked if you just learnt it now. I thought the same until some years ago. Not the first or last live album that is tampered with. Other acts even had their main parts re-done. Nothing "live" about that.

Thanks Juan. I'm not alarmed about the placement of it. I still enjoy hearing it and think it is a really neat moment. Understanding that Las Vegas is not in a large concert hall on the road, that moment connects me to the live concerts I was able to attend. The concerts I attended featured a lot of spontaneity by different audience members. So for me all of these years later, it just seemed like a natural response of an excited fan.

rlj

Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:36 am

Even Ernst has made decisions that he feels make something more "listenable" -- and therefore, more enjoyable.

There's poetic license -- and then there's re-writing history. An ongoing tension...

Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:33 am

I never minded the fact that it was obviously spliced in from elsewhere. But the fact that it is clearly the same audio snippet played twice seemed just flat out stupid to me. Still seems dumb all these years later.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:06 am

Every time I hear that song I hear that scream and I wonder what's going on in that audience.Didn't know it was looped or from someplace else.
I just let that crazy scream pass and then it's clear sailing for a great Elvis concert.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:07 am

dannyboy1 wrote:I never minded the fact that it was obviously spliced in from elsewhere. But the fact that it is clearly the same audio snippet played twice seemed just flat out stupid to me. Still seems dumb all these years later.

It's actually played 3 times, listen again ...

Wait, it's stupid. Better pull out my "Hits from His Movies" album.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:13 am

It continues after Elvis starts singing too.

phpBB [video]

Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:22 am

That made me laugh, like I said, 3x ...

Elvis' version Is fantastic !!

Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:13 am

I've never been able to make out what that person is screaming, it sounds like "oh boy boy boy boy" or something....

Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:38 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

There's nothing wrong with throwing in an orgasm on a live Elvis LP.

That. Is. Awesome. Good one, Doc!

Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:59 pm

ale wrote:the scream is edited....it belongs to another part of a show...I think it's on the Drowned in sound bootleg during the intros

That's correct. IIRC, you hear it during the introductions on DAE's "Here I Go Again" (about 5 seconds in). It's from the August 22nd midnight show, per Keith Flynn's review of the tapes. (http://keithflynn.com/essential_lists/concerts-1969.html)

See my original post here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77668&hilit=hot+august+night&start=250#p1195605