Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

So where's the book, George?

Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:44 am

It's a good question.

This time last year I had every expectation of publishing in the spring of 2016, and the writing over Christmas 2015 went really well.

But 2016 has proven a very busy year -- those of you who know me outside of the board will be aware of my obligations (family / work / church) and these parts of my life have demanded much of my time since the year began, hence the delay.

The book is divided into three parts: part one (major section) is complete and typeset; part two (another major section) is almost complete and will be ready to be proofread in January; part three (a small section) is being written and I hope to finish it early in the New Year.

I've lived with this story for over six years and my editor (a Mr Gordon Minto) tells me the work he's looked at so far is unique, fascinating and a damn good read.

Although part of the story has already crept out (and that was painful, believe me) the full story (Axton, Durden, Parker, Killen, et al) puts the song and the story in a whole new context, and the support I received from this board at the time of the leak moved me to tears, I can assure you.

A note I recently saw said, "If you can't be the first, be the best" and this is my intention: it'll be worth the wait.

Thank you for your patience and your support. Clarence nailed it: "No man is a failure who has friends."

Happy Christmas and God bless us, everyone.

Re: So where's the book, George?

Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:47 am

Same to you George Smith. There will always be a space in my shelf for your book when it is published.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:56 am

George Smith wrote:It's a good question.

This time last year I had every expectation of publishing in the spring of 2016, and the writing over Christmas 2015 went really well.

But 2016 has proven a very busy year -- those of you who know me outside of the board will be aware of my obligations (family / work / church) and these parts of my life have demanded much of my time since the year began, hence the delay.

The book is divided into three parts: part one (major section) is complete and typeset; part two (another major section) is almost complete and will be ready to be proofread in January; part three (a small section) is being written and I hope to finish it early in the New Year.

I've lived with this story for over six years and my editor (a Mr Gordon Minto) tells me the work he's looked at so far is unique, fascinating and a damn good read.

Although part of the story has already crept out (and that was painful, believe me) the full story (Axton, Durden, Parker, Killen, et al) puts the song and the story in a whole new context, and the support I received from this board at the time of the leak moved me to tears, I can assure you.

A note I recently saw said, "If you can't be the first, be the best" and this is my intention: it'll be worth the wait.

Thank you for your patience and your support. Clarence nailed it: "No man is a failure who has friends."

Happy Christmas and God bless us, everyone.

NBC just ran "It's A Wonderful Life" on TV last night. It's as glorious now as it was when it first screened in movie theaters.

All the best to you and yours, and I speak for many of us here who cannot WAIT to get a copy of your work on the recording of "Heartbreak Hotel," and every little thing surrounding that momentous event.

::rocks ::rocks ::rocks ::rocks ::rocks

Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:09 am

Still looking forward to it George

Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:47 am

Patience is a virtue...no problem waiting...happy holidays!! :D

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:36 pm

Many thanks for the update, George. Don't worry, take your time.

In the meantime, I hope you have a nice Christmas season with your family and friends, and also the best of health and luck for 2017.

Keep on rockin' ! :)

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:43 pm

I'm sure it will be worth the wait,I for one cannot wait to read it.

Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:20 pm

George, I am so angry at that guy from Rolling Stone!!! And at Rolling Stone itself, along with the elderly founder, Wenner!!!!!

An investigative writer makes a startling discovery, and they go "let's get that so we can destroy this new writer."

But, it's presented with virtually no context, as a bit of trivia. Horrendous! Just know that you weren't alone in the sadness of this theft. I was besides myself with rage at this disgusting thing they did.

Take heart. Rolling Stone has never been thinner than now. After their irresponsible scr**-up with the alleged rape story, they had more of a pamphlet than a magazine.

They are a dying magazine. Take heart that few people actually read it.

Soldier on! I want your book so badly! But take your time. We're all with you on this. All. Stay strong.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Last edited by rjm on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:29 am

Thank you, Robin -- your support has always been touching and uplifting.

I hoping to put you out of your misery this summer.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:18 am

George Smith wrote:Thank you, Robin -- your support has always been touching and uplifting.

I hoping to put you out of your misery this summer.

:D

rjm

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:22 am

SONG FOR GEORGE SMITH

phpBB [media]

Kinks "Tired of Waiting For You" (ABC-TV's "Shindig," Wednesday, July 7, 1965)

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:13 am

Lloyd Cole and The Commotions "Patience" (Live at Alabamahalle, Munich, 11 March 1985)