Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis and Sophia Loren

Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:53 am

I recently saw Sophia Loren in person, in my country (Romania), in my city(Cluj/Transylvania district), during a movie festival(Transylvania International Movie Festival).When I saw her, I instantly thought about her meeting with Elvis in february of 1958, when Elvis was doing King Creole.Sophia Loren spotted him in a caffeteria on the Paramount studios, and she sat on his lap.According to her sister , Maria, who was there, Sophia was very attracted to Elvis, she felt a strong physical attraction towards him. Seeing those wonderful photos with the 2 of them , I can easily feel the atrraction being in the air, Sophia flipped over Elvis.
From what I understand, they never met again.
What is your opinion guys about this interesting meeting between The sexiest man of 1958 and the sexiest european actress of 1958? Were they romantically involved or not? What do you guys know about this fascinating meeting?
Thanks ,Chucky

Re: Elvis and Sophia Loren

Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:44 pm

here is a picture.

colonel snow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:23 pm

You may check this interesting topic

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=92595

Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:31 am

Chucky99 wrote:What is your opinion guys about this interesting meeting between The sexiest man of 1958 and the sexiest european actress of 1958?

Sexiest brunette, yes... but Bardot gets my vote for #1 :) Elvis put the feelers out when he was heading for Germany... which she promptly rejected. "Sex kitten bites Hound Dog" ran the headline :)

Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:14 am

Chucky99 wrote:I recently saw Sophia Loren in person, in my country (Romania), in my city(Cluj/Transylvania district), during a movie festival(Transylvania International Movie Festival).When I saw her, I instantly thought about her meeting with Elvis in february of 1958, when Elvis was doing King Creole.Sophia Loren spotted him in a caffeteria on the Paramount studios, and she sat on his lap.According to her sister , Maria, who was there, Sophia was very attracted to Elvis, she felt a strong physical attraction towards him. Seeing those wonderful photos with the 2 of them , I can easily feel the atrraction being in the air, Sophia flipped over Elvis.
What is your opinion guys about this interesting meeting between The sexiest man of 1958 and the sexiest european actress of 1958? Were they romantically involved or not? What do you guys know about this fascinating meeting?
Thanks ,Chucky

They were not romantically involved. Actress Sophia Loren was filming "The Black Orchid" for Paramount, and having an interview/lunch at the studio's "Cafe Continental" commissary with Hollywood reporter James Bacon and photographer Willoughby when she spotted Elvis. He was there eating lunch with "King Creole" co-star Jan Shepard.

The flirting was just for fun, he was cute and famous, so Sophia leapt at the chance to say hello. She called Elvis "a very nice boy" even though both were 23 at the time. And her husband, Italian film producer Carlo Ponti, was also sitting nearby. So, the idea that Loren was getting "a strong physical attraction towards him" is simply untrue.

As gian already noted, here's a topic, posted a few months ago, that you may enjoy:

Sophia and Elvis --> Glitterati 1958 !
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=92595

Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:24 am

:D what a great 'photo opportunity' and so GREAT it happened!~ :lol: :roll: :wink: ::rocks

Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:04 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Chucky99 wrote:I recently saw Sophia Loren in person, in my country (Romania), in my city(Cluj/Transylvania district), during a movie festival(Transylvania International Movie Festival).When I saw her, I instantly thought about her meeting with Elvis in february of 1958, when Elvis was doing King Creole.Sophia Loren spotted him in a caffeteria on the Paramount studios, and she sat on his lap.According to her sister , Maria, who was there, Sophia was very attracted to Elvis, she felt a strong physical attraction towards him. Seeing those wonderful photos with the 2 of them , I can easily feel the atrraction being in the air, Sophia flipped over Elvis.
Thanks ,Chucky

They were not romantically involved. Actress Sophia Loren was filming "The Black Orchid" for Paramount, and having an interview/lunch at the studio's "Cafe Continental" commissary with Hollywood reporter James Bacon and photographer Willoughby when she spotted Elvis. He was there eating lunch with "King Creole" co-star Jan Shepard.

The flirting was just for fun, he was cute and famous, so Sophia leapt at the chance to say hello. She called Elvis "a very nice boy" even though both were 23 at the time. And her husband, Italian film producer Carlo Ponti, was also sitting nearby. So, the idea that Loren was getting "a strong physical attraction towards him" is simply untrue.

As gian already noted, here's a topic, posted a few months ago, that you may enjoy:

I agree. Simply a great photo op with a big young star, She may have thought he was a nice guy and good looking, nothing more. She was married, and maybe even still carrying the torch for Cary Grant who she fell for deeply when they made a movie together . She was attracted to older men.