Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

UK's Most Successful Chart Acts

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:26 pm

OFFICIAL CHARTS COMPANY (UK)
MOST SUCCESSFUL UK CHART ACTS
AS OF 19TH FEBRUARY, 2015

Calculated by the amount of weeks on the chart for both Singles and Albums combined. One point is gained for each week an album/or single appears in the Top 75:

1. Elvis – 2636 weeks (1302 weeks for singles) (1334 weeks for albums)
2. Cliff Richard – 2033 weeks (1177 weeks for singles) (856 weeks for albums)
3. Michael Jackson – 1906 weeks (686 weeks for singles) (1220 weeks for albums)
4. The Beatles – 1832 (461 weeks for singles) (1371 weeks for albums)
5. Queen – 1823 weeks (439 weeks for singles) (1384 weeks for albums)
6. Madonna – 1822 (736 weeks for singles) (1086 weeks for albums)
7. Elton John – 1670 weeks (649 weeks for singles) (1021 weeks for albums)
8. Rod Stewart – 1590 weeks (476 weeks for singles) (1114 weeks for albums)
9. U2 – 1445 weeks (363 weeks for singles) (1082 weeks for albums)
10. David Bowie – 1419 weeks (459 weeks for singles) (960 weeks for albums).

ELVIS’ CHART SINGLES
21 No.1’s
76 Top 10’s
140 Top 40’s
165 Top 75’s
80 weeks at No.1
386 weeks in Top 10
1062 weeks in Top 40
1302 weeks in Top 75.

ELVIS’ CHART ALBUMS
11 No.1’s
49 Top 10’s
92 Top 40’s
118 Top 75’s
63 weeks at No.1
523 weeks in Top 10
1004 weeks in Top 40
1334 weeks in Top 75.

NO.1 SINGLES ARTISTS
1. Elvis - 21
2. Beatles - 17
3. Cliff Richard and Westlife - both with 14
4. Madonna - 13
5. Take That - 12
6. Lily Allen - 10
6. Abba; Spice Girls - (both with 9)
7. Rolling Stones; Rihanna; Oasis and Eminem - all with 8
8. Elton John; Kylie Minogue; McFly; Michael Jackson; Robbie Williams; U2; George Michael and Calvin Harris (all with 7)
9. Rod Stewart; Slade; Queen; Britney Spears; The Shadows; Sugababes; Boyzone and David Guetta (all with 6)
10. Beyoncé; Black Eyed Peas; Tinie Tempah; Police; Bee Gees; Will.I.Am; Dizzee Rascal; Flo Rida and Cheryl Cole (all with 5).

TOP 10 SINGLES ARTISTS
1. Elvis - 76
2. Cliff Richard - 68
3. Madonna - 63
4. Michael Jackson - 43
5. Kylie Minogue - 34
6. U2 - 33
7. Robbie Williams - 31
8. Elton John - 29
9. Beatles - 28
10. Eminem 27.

NO.1 ALBUMS ARTISTS
1. Beatles - 15
2. Elvis; Madonna; Rolling Stones and Robbie Williams (all with 11)
3. Bruce Springsteen; U2 and Michael Jackson (all with 10)
4. Queen; Abba (both with 9)
5. Bob Dylan; Oasis; Rod Stewart and Led Zeppelin - all with 8
6. George Michael; Cliff Richard; Take That; Eminem; Elton John and Westlife (all with 7)
7. Coldplay; Boyzone; Pink Floyd; Phil Collins and Police (all with 6)
8. Chemical Brothers; Radiohead; Arctic Monkeys; Barbra Streisand; Stereophonics; Celine Dion; Kylie Minogue; Bon Jovi; Simple Minds; Keane; Paul McCartney; Erasure; Prince and Simply Red (all with 5)
9. Pavarotti; Kings Of Leon; The Killers; Roxy Music; Ronan Keating; Wet Wet Wet; Fleetwood Mac; Red Hot Chilli Peppers; Kasabian; Frank Sinatra; Rihanna; The Shadows; Jamiroquai and Status Quo (all with 4)
10. N/A.

TOP 10 ALBUMS ARTISTS
1. Elvis - 49
2. Cliff Richard - 42
3. Frank Sinatra - 39
4. Rolling Stones - 37
5. Bob Dylan - 36
6. Beatles and Rod Stewart (both with 33)
7. Elton John - 31
8. David Bowie - 29
9. Queen - 25
10. Status Quo 23.

MOST NO.2 SINGLES
1. Elvis - 17 (8 of these were posthumous re-issues of tracks which had previously risen to No.1)
2. Madonna - 12
3. Cliff Richard and Kylie Minogue (both with 11)
4. Rihanna - 7
5. Oasis and Queen (both with 6).

TOP 40 SINGLES ARTISTS
1. Elvis - 140
2. Cliff Richard - 124
3. Madonna - 70
4. Elton John - 65
5. David Bowie - 61
6. Diana Ross - 58
7. Status Quo - 57
8. Michael Jackson - 54
9. Queen - 53
10. Kylie Minogue - 49.

TOP 40 ALBUMS ARTISTS
1. Elvis - 92
2. Frank Sinatra - 62
3. Cliff Richard - 60
4. Bob Dylan - 56
5. Beatles - 49
6. Rolling Stones - 48
7. David Bowie - 46
8. James Last - 45
9. Rod Stewart - 44
10. Elton John - 40

TOP 75 SINGLES ARTISTS
1. Elvis - 165
2. Cliff Richard - 135
3. Elton John - 83
4. Diana Ross - 78
5. Madonna - 74
6. David Bowie - 72
7. Status Quo - 66
8. Rod Stewart - 64
9. Michael Jackson - 62
10. The Beatles - 56

TOP 75 ALBUM ARTISTS
1. Elvis - 118
2. Beatles - 70
3. Frank Sinatra - 67
4. Cliff Richard; James Last (both with 65)
5. David Bowie; Bob Dylan (both with 60)
6. Rolling Stones - 54
7. Diana Ross - 52
8. Elton John; Rod Stewart (both with 46)
9. Status Quo; Neil Diamond - 42
10. The Beach Boys; Shirley Bassey (both with 39)

ALBUM ARTISTS - WEEKS AT NO.1
1. Beatles - 174
2. Elvis 63
3. Abba - 57
4. Rolling Stones - 45
5. Simon And Garfunkel - 40
6. Robbie Williams - 34
7. Michael Jackson - 31
8. Cliff Richard - 30
9. Elton John; Carpenters; Madonna and Take That (all with 29)
10. Rod Stewart - 28

SINGLES ARTISTS - WEEKS AT NO.1
1. Elvis - 80
2. Beatles - 65
3. Cliff Richard - 46
4. Abba - 31
5. Madonna; Take That (Both with 29)
6. Rihanna - 24
7. Elton John - 23
8. Spice Girls - 22
9. Queen; The Shadows (both with 21)
10.Westlife - 20

SINGLES ARTISTS - WEEKS IN TOP 10
1. Elvis - 386
2. Cliff Richard - 333
3. Madonna - 228
4. Rihanna - 202
5. The Shadows - 143
6. Elton John - 130
7. Eminem - 122
8. Kylie Minogue - 118
9. Abba - 114
10. Rod Stewart - 113

ALBUMS ARTISTS - WEEKS IN TOP 10
1. Elvis - 523
2. Beatles - 466
3. Cliff Richard - 333
4. Frank Sinatra - 316
5. Michael Jackson - 265
6. Rolling Stones - 264
7. Rod Stewart - 251
8. Simon And Garfunkel - 240
9. The Shadows - 229
10. Abba - 224

SINGLES ARTISTS - WEEKS IN TOP 40
1. Elvis 1062
2. Cliff Richard - 970
3. Rihanna - 568
4. Madonna - 515
5. Michael Jackson - 437
6. Elton John - 415
7. The Shadows - 378
8. The Beatles - 365
9. Rod Stewart - 338
10. David Bowie - 336

ALBUMS ARTISTS - WEEKS IN TOP 40
1. Elvis - 1004
2. Beatles - 958
3. Simon And Garfunkel - 816
4. Frank Sinatra - 744
5. Michael Jackson - 718
6. Rod Stewart - 714
7. Queen - 683
8. Cliff Richard - 678
9. Elton John - 655
10. Madonna - 628

SINGLES ARTISTS - WEEKS IN TOP 75
1. Elvis - 1302
2. Cliff Richard - 1177
3. Rihanna - 905
4. Madonna - 736
5. Michael Jackson - 686
6. Elton John - 649
7. Rod Stewart - 476
8. Kylie Minogue - 467
9. Beatles - 461
10. David Bowie; Eminem (both with 459)

ALBUMS ARTISTS - WEEKS IN TOP 75
1. Queen - 1386
2. Beatles - 1371
3. Elvis - 1334
4. Michael Jackson - 1220
5. Rod Stewart - 1114
6. Madonna - 1086
7. Simon And Garfunkel - 1085
8. U2 - 1082
9. Abba - 1045
10. Elton John - 1021.

Brian
Last edited by Brian Quinn on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Re: UK's Most Successful Chart Acts

Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:12 pm

Can't believe that horrible man Whacko Jacko is at no.3.

Re: UK's Most Successful Chart Acts

Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:09 am

Tony.. wrote:Can't believe that horrible man Whacko Jacko is at no.3.


Can't believe that somebody would make such a stupid, pointless comment.

Re: UK's Most Successful Chart Acts

Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:39 am

Thanks Brian

Re: UK's Most Successful Chart Acts

Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:06 pm

Thank you very much, Brian. Elvis will be number one in this top for the years to come.

Re: UK's Most Successful Chart Acts

Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:10 pm

The's "The Man"...... 8) 8) 8)

Re: UK's Most Successful Chart Acts

Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:40 pm

Great info!! Thanks Brian

Re: UK's Most Successful Chart Acts

Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:56 am

Brian Quinn wrote:OFFICIAL CHARTS COMPANY (UK)
MOST SUCCESSFUL UK CHART ACTS
AS OF 19TH FEBRUARY, 2015

Calculated by the amount of weeks on the chart for both Singles and Albums combined. One point is gained for each week an album/or single appears in the Top 75:

1. Elvis – 2636 weeks (1302 weeks for singles) (1334 weeks for albums)
2. Cliff Richard – 2033 weeks (1177 weeks for singles) (856 weeks for albums)
3. Michael Jackson – 1906 weeks (686 weeks for singles) (1220 weeks for albums)
4. The Beatles – 1832 (461 weeks for singles) (1371 weeks for albums)
5. Queen – 1823 weeks (439 weeks for singles) (1384 weeks for albums)
6. Madonna – 1822 (736 weeks for singles) (1086 weeks for albums)
7. Elton John – 1670 weeks (649 weeks for singles) (1021 weeks for albums)
8. Rod Stewart – 1590 weeks (476 weeks for singles) (1114 weeks for albums)
9. U2 – 1445 weeks (363 weeks for singles) (1082 weeks for albums)
10. David Bowie – 1419 weeks (459 weeks for singles) (960 weeks for albums)

ELVIS’ CHART SINGLES
21 No.1’s
76 Top 10’s
140 Top 40’s
165 Top 75’s
80 weeks at No.1
386 weeks in Top 10
1062 weeks in Top 40
1302 weeks in Top 75

ELVIS’ CHART ALBUMS
11 No.1’s
49 Top 10’s
92 Top 40’s
118 Top 75’s
63 weeks at No.1
523 weeks in Top 10
1004 weeks in Top 40
1334 weeks in Top 75

Brian

Personally, I couldn't careless where Elvis position stands...he can be number 300 for all i care, but to me he'll always be no.1.

Re: UK's Most Successful Chart Acts

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:28 pm

Thanks Brian. Elvis certainly dominates the chart statistics here in the UK. 8)

Re: UK's Most Successful Chart Acts

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:32 pm

Tony C wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Can't believe that horrible man Whacko Jacko is at no.3.


Can't believe that somebody would make such a stupid, pointless comment.


If you believe the man was a pedophile, then perhaps it's not such a stupid or pointless comment. Civility, remember, is mandatory.

Re: UK's Most Successful Chart Acts

Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:00 pm

ICanHelp wrote:
Tony C wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Can't believe that horrible man Whacko Jacko is at no.3.


Can't believe that somebody would make such a stupid, pointless comment.


If you believe the man was a pedophile, then perhaps it's not such a stupid or pointless comment. Civility, remember, is mandatory.


...and Bill Cosby is totally innocent with now over 30 allegations against him :wink: but that`s another story :wink: :wink:

Re: UK's Most Successful Chart Acts

Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:10 am

sweetangeline wrote:
ICanHelp wrote:
Tony C wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Can't believe that horrible man Whacko Jacko is at no.3.


Can't believe that somebody would make such a stupid, pointless comment.


If you believe the man was a pedophile, then perhaps it's not such a stupid or pointless comment. Civility, remember, is mandatory.


...and Bill Cosby is totally innocent with now over 30 allegations against him :wink: but that`s another story :wink: :wink:



ANOTHER ONE ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 76449.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/si ... be-5244752

Re: UK's Most Successful Chart Acts

Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:47 pm

Anyway, getting back on the subject, does anyone know Elvis' total UK albums sales?