Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Your Elvis rooms

Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:28 pm

I know there's a thread on her with some amazing Elvis rooms, but I appear to be rubbish at searching.
Can someone link me to it please, so I can drool over your collections?

Also, a question.
Does anyone know where the beaded fringe suit is? I believe there were two.
Is one stilll owned by Graceland? Only it wasn't on display anywhere when I went in the Spring.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Your Elvis rooms

Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:40 pm

My wife isn't an Elvis fan, so he is a source of drama and ridicule. I have to tuck most of my things out of sight.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:58 pm

WMarkJ wrote:My wife isn't an Elvis fan, so he is a source of drama and ridicule.

And you tolerate that?

Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:12 pm

Rob wrote:
WMarkJ wrote:My wife isn't an Elvis fan, so he is a source of drama and ridicule.

And you tolerate that?
You ever been marred? I mean married? :)

Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:16 pm

I've been an Elvis fan since '72 and married since '83. The Elvis collection isn't going anywhere.

And she knows it.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Rob wrote:I've been an Elvis fan since '72 and married since '83. The Elvis collection isn't going anywhere.

And she knows it.
Mine tells me I wasn't fair and didn't let her know what an Elvis freak I was when we were dating, and let it all out after marred, I mean married. :)

Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Here's what you do. Tonight, ask her to sit down because you have something you want to talk about. Tell her that you are sick and tired of hearing her drivel about your Elvis collection. Tell her that Rob's wife never says anything about his and the bullshit stops tonight. Tell her to shape up or ship out. Then tell her she is excused from the meeting.

Let me know how it goes.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:35 pm

WMarkJ wrote:
Rob wrote:I've been an Elvis fan since '72 and married since '83. The Elvis collection isn't going anywhere.

And she knows it.
Mine tells me I wasn't fair and didn't let her know what an Elvis freak I was when we were dating, and let it all out after marred, I mean married. :)

You keep saying " I MEAN MARRIED" What do you mean by saying "I MEAN MARRIED", sounds odd, like you're her slave or doormat, sorry man, but that's what It sounds like to me. I would never let anyone control me, and tell me how things are going to be in a marriage, that's straight up bullshit, I would tell my wife, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:38 pm

Read closely. He is saying that he's "marred." Then says, "I mean married."

I'm pretty sure he's joking (somewhat).

Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:52 pm

WMarkJ wrote:My wife isn't an Elvis fan, so he is a source of drama and ridicule. I have to tuck most of my things out of sight.
Rob wrote:Read closely. He is saying that he's "marred." Then says, "I mean married."

Marred Married, saying he has to tuck most of his things out of sight, sorry but this all sounds whipped to me, marriage is a two way street.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Yes, he is whipped.

But it all changes tonight.
Last edited by Rob on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:06 pm

mmmmm, so Rob, you could be the cause of someone on the lookout for a lawyer tomorrow eh? :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:17 pm

In my younger days when still lived with my parrents i had an Elvis room. Since i got my own house with my girlfriend who is now my wife i store my elvis things away in closets or cabinets, book shelves etc. Not that the wife has a problem with Elvis but i want to keep the collection in good shape. Sunlight, dust, dry air can do weird things. Right now in the Carribbean i keep them really stocked in the closet. Every day over 30 degrees Celsius, high humidity is killing. I wonder how other fans living in South America keep their cdś and dvdś and books in good shape. In Europe you can keep your collection in perfect shape because of the cool and (mostly) dry climate. I know there are a few fans from Brazil, Chile, Argentina they live in a very humid and hot climate.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:10 pm

Good luck to WMarkJ!

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:31 pm

philobeddo wrote:In my younger days when still lived with my parrents i had an Elvis room. Since i got my own house with my girlfriend who is now my wife i store my elvis things away in closets or cabinets, book shelves etc. Not that the wife has a problem with Elvis but i want to keep the collection in good shape. Sunlight, dust, dry air can do weird things. Right now in the Carribbean i keep them really stocked in the closet. Every day over 30 degrees Celsius, high humidity is killing. I wonder how other fans living in South America keep their cdś and dvdś and books in good shape. In Europe you can keep your collection in perfect shape because of the cool and (mostly) dry climate. I know there are a few fans from Brazil, Chile, Argentina they live in a very humid and hot climate.

Man I am glad I live on the East Coast of New England In the USA, we have all the Seasons of the year, Spring, Fall, Winter, Summer, my collection has never suffered the harshness of the high heat parts of the World. Also none of my Elvis Collection has sunlight hitting It.

I remember learning that lesson very quickly about leaving a Vinyl Record In the Sun, when I was a kid, I left a copy of "Elvis" 1968 NBC Comeback Special" on my bed, and when I came back home, It was all warped by the Sun, boy was I upset, I even tried playing It a few times to see if it would play, but all It did was go round and round and up and down while it kept skipping.

I had to save up my allowance before I could buy another copy, I actually still have that Sun Warped copy in my collection still to this day,
Just for Ol' Times Sake, did ya catch that phrase I just used from Elvis 1973 "Album Raised On Rock" which has that song title on It. :lol:

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:33 pm

JaneTLC, search on "do You Have An Elvis Room" and the thread you're looking for will appear...

Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:58 pm

Had a working/Elvis room but gone now as it's currently a baby room.
I'll get a new chance when we move few years from now.

It will probably be a more generic Rock space, with 90% Elvis of course;)

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:20 pm

SUN-RCA wrote:
WMarkJ wrote:My wife isn't an Elvis fan, so he is a source of drama and ridicule. I have to tuck most of my things out of sight.
Rob wrote:Read closely. He is saying that he's "marred." Then says, "I mean married."

Marred Married, saying he has to tuck most of his things out of sight, sorry but this all sounds whipped to me, marriage is a two way street.

earlier quote "I would never let anyone control me, and tell me how things are going to be in a marriage, that's straight up bullshit, I would tell my wife, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out".

2 way street ? :facep:

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:21 pm

Rob wrote:Here's what you do. Tonight, ask her to sit down because you have something you want to talk about. Tell her that you are sick and tired of hearing her drivel about your Elvis collection. Tell her that Rob's wife never says anything about his and the bullshit stops tonight. Tell her to shape up or ship out. Then tell her she is excused from the meeting.

Let me know how it goes.

:D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 pm

elvis56 wrote:
SUN-RCA wrote:

earlier quote "I would never let anyone control me, and tell me how things are going to be in a marriage, that's straight up bullshit, I would tell my wife, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out".

2 way street ? :facep:

That's Slang, Meaning It goes both ways, as in everything being equal between both Man and Wife. :wink:

Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:41 pm

What if she get upset and trashes the whole collection :smt013

Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:05 pm

That also applies to my love life with my wife!!! :smt003

Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:08 pm

WMarkJ wrote:

And she knows it.

The giveaway was when you flew to Memphis for your wedding, donning your jumpsuit, then whisked her to the Graceland Chapel where you were 'married' by an awful looking irritator in an ill fitting costume! :wink:

Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:14 pm

JaneTLC wrote:I know there's a thread on her with some amazing Elvis rooms, but I appear to be rubbish at searching.

Also, a question.
Is one stilll owned by Graceland? Only it wasn't on display anywhere when I went in the Spring.

Here you go;
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24027&p=285910&hilit=do+you+have+an+elvis+room#p285910

Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:35 pm

Tony.. wrote:
JaneTLC wrote:I know there's a thread on her with some amazing Elvis rooms, but I appear to be rubbish at searching.

Also, a question.

Here you go;
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24027&p=285910&hilit=do+you+have+an+elvis+room#p285910

Cool Jumpsuit collection you have there PEP, wish they were all mine. :mrgreen:

Last edited by SUN-RCA on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.