Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Tryin' To Get To Tahoe - EP Collector - New Show - Out Soon

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:56 pm

Tryin' To Get To Tahoe

image001 (1).jpg

Expected soon is new CD entitled ”TRYIN’ TO GET TO TAHOE” (label E.P. Collector, EPC 2014-02) recorded at the Lake Tahoe, NV, May 16, 1974 Opening show. Elvis' spring '74 shows were consistently strong, and the May concerts in Lake Tahoe were no exception. Elvis' shows there were solid and entertaining, and he was in particularly good voice. The set lists offered a wide variety of music, and Elvis' commitment and enthusiasm made these intimate shows very memorable for those who were lucky enough to attend them. The show on this CD has never been released in any form, and this very decent, digitally restored audience recording gives you a unique perspective of what it was like to experience him in person in Lake Tahoe during this engagement.

The CD is packaged in a nicely designed digipack with rare Lake Tahoe, May ’74 cover shot and collection of ”Peacock” images taken in Cleveland show on June 21st, 1974.
Tracks:
01. Opening Vamp / C. C. Rider - 02. medley: I Got A Woman / Amen - 03. Love Me - 04. Tryin' To Get To You - 05. All Shook Up - 06. medley: Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel - 07. Love Me Tender - 08. Steamroller Blues - 09. Hound Dog - 10. Fever - 11. Polk Salad Annie - 12. Why Me Lord? (with reprise) - 13. Suspicious Minds - 14. Band Introductions - 15. I Can't Stop Loving You - 16. Help Me - 17. An American Trilogy - 18. Let Me Be There (with reprise) - 19. The Wonder Of You - 20. Big Boss Man - 21. Funny How Time Slips Away - 22. Can't Help Falling In Love - 23. Closing Vamp / Announcement. Running time: 60:29
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Tryin' To Get To Tahoe - EP Collector - New Show - Out S

Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:54 pm

Could be interesting!

Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:35 pm

a mess of polk salad wrote:Could be interesting!

Agreed, and a unreleased show is always a welcome addition! :D

Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:09 pm

nothing new, but unreleased, and unreleased is always good news ! ::rocks

Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:09 pm

This show has been released twice via CDR as "Blockbuster In Lake Tahoe" & "The Concert Years Vol. 47": http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cdr/740516os.htm

Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:26 pm

The show has been floating around in collectors circles as cassette tape and cd-r. It debuts here on silver disc. I guess this is meant. A welcome addition in any case....these shows weren`t bad and OP and CS were always something special anyway.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:45 pm

Ciscoking wrote:The show has been floating around in collectors circles as cassette tape and cd-r. It debuts here on silver disc. I guess this is meant. A welcome addition in any case....these shows weren`t bad and OP and CS were always something special anyway.

Wasnt Help Me Incomplete on the concert years CD-r and PA Cd-r?

Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:59 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:The show has been floating around in collectors circles as cassette tape and cd-r. It debuts here on silver disc. I guess this is meant. A welcome addition in any case....these shows weren`t bad and OP and CS were always something special anyway.

Absolutely.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:02 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

Absolutely.

So this might be the first time we finally have the show complete from start to finish :D (and hopefully in decent sound)

Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:05 am

hmm something like this all depends on listenable sound quality as to whether i collect it or not! :|

Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:15 am

YDKM wrote:hmm something like this all depends on listenable sound quality as to whether i collect it or not! :|

That's the key. Tahoe shows are lost gold, have we any reviews from this show?

Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:21 pm

This is pretty awesome. I'm gonna order a copy.

Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Listened to my "Blockbuster in Thoe" cdr and was pleasant suprised.
Very good show, sound is bit muffled but not that bad.

On my copy "Trying to get to you" is slightly edited in the middle, "Help me" is incomplete(as stated before).

Highlights are "America trilogy","The wonder of you"(rare for 1974) and a great "Polk sallad Annie".

Curious what this new one will be, soundwise, but the show is excellent!

Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:13 pm

Tryng To Get To You is complete on my cdr--

Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:59 pm

Nice cover!

Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:57 pm

Trying To Get To Tahoe?

Might make sense if the show were NOT recorded in Tahoe.

Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Trying To Get Through Tahoe :D

Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:13 pm

On my cassette with the audience recording Funny how time slips aways is missing; perhaps on CD last two tracks taken from another concert?
When the CD is released I can compare.

colonel snow

Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:43 pm

colonel snow wrote:On my cassette with the audience recording Funny how time slips aways is missing; perhaps on CD last two tracks taken from another concert?
When the CD is released I can compare.

colonel snow

You mean your show ends after Big Boss Man..right..?

Is Help Me complete..?

Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:24 pm

Help me is incomplete; last lines are missing and it starts immediately with An American trilogy.
Help me is incomplete probably due to a tape switch.

Funny how time slips away is missing and Can't help falling in love is inserted from another source on my cassette.

colonel snow

Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:36 pm

I come back about this..

Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:47 pm

YDKM wrote:hmm something like this all depends on listenable sound quality as to whether i collect it or not! :|

That goes for me too with this one. I'll wait for the reviews. I've had this show on cassette for about 30 years.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:06 pm

Tony.. wrote:

That goes for me too with this one. I'll wait for the reviews. I've had this show on cassette for about 30 years.

100% agree tony~ :D :wink:

Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:17 pm

New show?

Nah, I have this show for years. But I hope they found a copy closer to the original source. But new in the sense as never released on silver disc is true. I transfered this show onto cd-r many years ago.

There is an excerpt of Carry me back to old Virginny (excerpt) in the intro of Love me tender.
Elvis changes the words of American trilogy into "Disney land".
Some extra ad libs in Teddy bear, Fever "he's just a monkey".

Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:15 pm

I gonna wait a sample. ::rocks