Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis live in Murfreesboro - March 19 1974 (Footage)

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:02 pm

Here is some interesting footage of a still needing to be released concert.
Trying to get you!

phpBB [video]

Re: Elvis live in Murfreesboro - March 19 1974 (Footage)

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:12 pm

Thank you!
One more:
phpBB [video]

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:53 pm

Thanks.! The March tour really was a great one.!

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:53 pm

Thnxs for this footage :smt023

Grt. Michel.

::rocks

Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:10 pm

Since Elvis played in Murfreesboro twice, are we sure this is from the 19th?

Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:15 pm

We discussed this and the date was March 14, 1974, not that matters but ...but you know :D

Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:24 am

Francesc wrote:We discussed this and the date was March 14, 1974, not that matters but ...but you know :D

I don't know but it was taken from a DVD which was a VHS to DVD transfer
this is what the info of it said

''ELVIS PRESLEY

Murfreesboro, TN
Middle Tennessee State University Athletic Center
1974-03-19

source: NTSC AUD DVD from low gen VHS, 8mm with original sound
length: 28.29

About the film:
I got this many years ago on a vhstape. I did a trade with a guy from the US, he didn´t have that much that interested me but he told me that he had a rare film of Elvis which his friends´ father had shot from Murfreesboro 1974. I checked around and it did indeed seem that this was an unknown film of Elvis if it proved to be legit. It was legit, and it´s a pretty cool film too. I couldn´t copy NTSC-tapes very good back then (my country has PAL) so the only copy I ever made for an Elvis afficionado looked, well, like crap. I have been looking for a way to get it transferred to dvd properly for many years and just now I have been blessed with the possibility. This is that film from that tape I got more than ten years ago. The tape has not aged well, there are a couple of audiodropouts in C C rider which is sad but doesn´t kill the overall feeling. I can´t vouch for whether this is the only circulating version of the film, but you very rarely see it in lists and on the net. I may very well have been the one who released it to the public as a shitty copy, if so - this is me making amends. This is as good as a transfer from my vhs is likely to get. I hope you will enjoy it like I do.

About the concert:
The songs are not complete but most takes are actually quite long, for this reason I did make a menu and put trackmarks on almost every track. The show in itself is great, Elvis was in a good mood during these march-shows and the day after this gig, in Memphis, they taped what was to become the new official livealbum. Good setlist too!''

Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:27 am

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76070

Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:11 am

Thank you so much. It would have been fantastic to be there, absolutely fantastic.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:39 am

Of his early classics that Elvis performed on stage, "Trying To Get To You" is one that was never really a throwaway. Seemed he cared about the song all the way up to June 1977.

I always enjoy this tune no matter what year.
Last edited by Rob on Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:40 am

Rob wrote:Of his early classics that Elvis performed on stage, this is one that was never really a throwaway. Seemed he cared about the song all the way up to June 1977.

I always enjoy this tune no matter what year.

The same counts for me :)