Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:41 am

Well, there are always these.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:36 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

This is a very rare Elvis bootleg 10" record called Season´s Greetings From Elvis EPC-1, released on red vinyl 8). Paul Litcher has told me that a blue vinyl release of this record exist :?, but I have never seen one for sale. Bye for now :smt006.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

I have heard about a 12" version of this album on black vinyl. Has anyone seen this album?

Was the blue vinyl version for sale and signed by Elvis? :wink:

Maybe he's got confused with this Korean album (note the difference to the Japanese version)

Image Image

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:44 am

Is anybody in for promo records?

Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:50 pm

That coloured vinyl looks so cool!
Last edited by Little Darlin on Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:15 pm

John from Woodley wrote:
dreambear wrote:
John from Woodley wrote:I've always been puzzled about this one. Does anyone else have it and is the label blank on yours?

SINGLE1.JPG

I own the single, but not with blank label. Your single must be a misprinting...and rare :)

//Björn

Are you able to let me see a scan of your record?

By request: The same as yours, except the label.

Regards Björn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:35 pm

I have an American copy of the 'Speedway' album which is signed by Elvis in blue ink which says 'Best Wishes, Elvis Presley'. On the reverse of the cover the four corners are indented 'Not For Sale'. I won it in a competition organised by The Elvis Presley Fan Club of Great Britian and The Commonwealth in the late sixties. I believe UK DJ Peter Aldersley (now deceased) obtained it when he visited Elvis at The International Hotel in Vegas during August, 1970.

Brian :D

Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:40 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:I have an American copy of the 'Speedway' album which is signed by Elvis in blue ink which says 'Best Wishes, Elvis Presley'. On the reverse of the cover the four corners are indented 'Not For Sale'. I won it in a competition organised by The Elvis Presley Fan Club of Great Britian and The Commonwealth in the late sixties. I believe UK DJ Peter Aldersley (now deceased) obtained it when he visited Elvis at The International Hotel in Vegas during August, 1970.

What a great item to own !

Interested in a swap, Brian ?

Everything I've got has a COA signed by Dick Grob.......................

Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:48 pm

ColinB wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:I have an American copy of the 'Speedway' album which is signed by Elvis in blue ink which says 'Best Wishes, Elvis Presley'. On the reverse of the cover the four corners are indented 'Not For Sale'. I won it in a competition organised by The Elvis Presley Fan Club of Great Britian and The Commonwealth in the late sixties. I believe UK DJ Peter Aldersley (now deceased) obtained it when he visited Elvis at The International Hotel in Vegas during August, 1970.

What a great item to own !

Interested in a swap, Brian ?

Everything I've got has a COA signed by Dick Grob.......................

Thanks for the offer Colin. However I would prefer to swap for the original 1968 Black Leather Suit or Aloha Eagle Suit!!! (LOL)

Brian :lol:

Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:22 pm

Brian wrote:
Colin wrote:Interested in a swap, Brian ? Everything I've got has a COA signed by Dick Grob.......................
Thanks for the offer Colin.
However I would prefer to swap for the original 1968 Black Leather Suit or Aloha Eagle Suit!!! (LOL)

Well, yes, I've got them, but I'm not sure I'm willing to part with them just yet !

Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:34 pm

I have one-half of the 2 - 45 rpm set comprising Elvis' 1st lp. The set which apparently came in a special sleeve that I never seen, was titled "Elvis Presley- The Most Talked About New Personality In The Last 10 Years of Music". Each 45 has 6 songs on it. The set, according to my Jerry Osborne book from the late 70s, is number EPB-1254 but oddly, as you will see , the largest number on the record is different - 547-0794. Anyway, I found this one at my first record show in the mid-70s for 50 cents!

Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:42 pm

I was talking to Jerry Osborne a few weeks back . He told me about a promo that they needed information on. Its called " Sound Series" . Well a few weeks later i found it in a sale at an library for one dollar. In his last values book he put the value at $ 80 dollars.It also came with a plastic sound sheet.
here is a picture of it. I guess it was used in schools with there music programs.

joe k
http://www.elvis2001.net

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:35 pm

This record was released by a German insurance company for their employees

This one by a German furniture shop called "Kings"

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:05 pm

Even Fidel Castro liked Elvis

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:42 pm

Not a rare album but a rare version of said album:

Yellow 'splash' bottom left announcing Limited Offer picture included and complete with picture.
I like it anyway.

Even EPE don't have this in their archive......... mind you, are we surprised?

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:50 pm

KempoDick wrote:Is anybody in for promo records?

A real beauty!

Joern

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:58 pm

KempoDick wrote:Here's an acetate with an alternate master of "Ask Me".

Is the alternate master already released somewhere?

Joern

Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:32 pm

Joern wrote:
KempoDick wrote:Here's an acetate with an alternate master of "Ask Me".

Is the alternate master already released somewhere?

Joern

There's a great site that answers all your questions.
Have a look.

Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:41 am

Some of the takes of "Ask Me" done in January are unreleased....

Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:21 am

elvis presley scrapbook wrote:Not a rare album but a rare version of said album:

Yellow 'splash' bottom left announcing Limited Offer picture included and complete with picture.
I like it anyway.

Even EPE don't have this in their archive......... mind you, are we surprised?

it took me a long time to find this one. but finally did.
great cover
joe k
www.elvis2001.net

Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:24 am

KempoDick wrote:This record was released by a German insurance company for their employees

This one by a German furniture shop called "Kings"

vey cool
in the states it would have cost to much for a bussiness to do what these companys did.
joe k
www.elvis2001.net

Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:16 am

Oh my God! All your records are very cool! Thanks for posting!

//Björn

Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:39 am

This one was released in Sweden only by request. The laughing version of AYLT was a mega hit, so they followed than one up with the fifth (green)album of the silver box separately. Of course this is a quite common album in Sweden, but international?? I don´t know, but I´d like to show it for you:

By teh way: On down right corner of the back cover, is a commercial for the Swedish fan club written in Swedish.

Kind regards//Björn

Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:17 am

One of my favourites

Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:38 am

These are the AFRTS albums on 16 inch I know of (together with the one posted before).
These records are BIG !!

Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:51 am

Great seeing all these rare sleeves and labels. Keep 'em coming, guys!