Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:59 am

Good One Tony.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:41 pm

Anybody got any more?

Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:24 am

I acquired this SUN 215 in a Goodwill Store for .25 cents. Well I actually bought a small box full of 45's came to around $8.00, and this as well as a Promo white label Roustabout/One Track Heart, all appear to be from a radio station WIBC. which is written on a few that were in the box and the box itself, luckily this one wasn't written on.
Has all 3 push marks, and original brown generic sleeve. No scratches, and looks as the day it was pressed.

Sorry not for sale.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:57 am

promiseland wrote:I acquired this SUN 215 in a Goodwill Store for .25 cents. Well I actually bought a small box full of 45's came to around $8.00, and this as well as a Promo white label Roustabout/One Track Heart, all appear to be from a radio station WIBC. which is written on a few that were in the box and the box itself, luckily this one wasn't written on.
Has all 3 push marks, and original brown generic sleeve. No scratches, and looks as the day it was pressed.

Sorry not for sale.

Neat find! Any chance you could let Ernst dub the two songs off the record. A shellac 78 was used for the Boy from Tupleo set though I wonder if yours would be better if it has not been played yet.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:13 pm

Polk Salad Annie/CC Rider....The record at the top is French and the others are German,the back covers from Germany have two different promo ads.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:18 pm

American Trilogy/The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face...from France

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:19 pm

Beautiful sleeves. Here's a first press and a slightly later press of "Mystery Train" from Australia.
image.jpg

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:04 pm

Mike C wrote:
promiseland wrote:I acquired this SUN 215 in a Goodwill Store for .25 cents. Well I actually bought a small box full of 45's came to around $8.00, and this as well as a Promo white label Roustabout/One Track Heart, all appear to be from a radio station WIBC. which is written on a few that were in the box and the box itself, luckily this one wasn't written on.

Sorry not for sale.

Neat find! Any chance you could let Ernst dub the two songs off the record. A shellac 78 was used for the Boy from Tupleo set though I wonder if yours would be better if it has not been played yet.

It's been played I'm sure at least once, But I'm also quite sure Ernst used a really nice 78 rpm which in turn is always going to sound better than the 45rpm . Just as a reel to reel recorded at 15 ips will have a better frequency range than say a pre-recorded 7.5 ips.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:51 pm

Nice score Tony.. But we can see your scone in the reflection of the records.
I presume they're LPs?
What's the back cover like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:55 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:Nice score Tony.. But we can see your scone in the reflection of the records.
I presume they're LPs?
What's the back cover like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's a 'scone'?? And the back cover of which record do you mean please?

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:57 pm

Tony.. wrote:Another unusual one from the Philippenes;
image.jpg

This is Awesome!! :smt007

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi Tony.., apologies, was replying from my phone before: a scone , pronounced "scon" is Australian quick bread, its like a bread version of a rissole (no, not meat) and you whack a bit of butter and jam on it when they're fresh and hot - great with a cuppa tea: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scone) A scone (scon) is also a bit of slang we use to refer (in a friendly way) to someone's head: actually some people's head looks like a scone. They probably evolved from England, but go off like a bad prawn!

The record I was referring to was the Elvis Is Back promo.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:54 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg
Fronts and backs:

Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:51 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg
I found these pictures of a rare French promo single online which I have never seen before. I'm guessing that it was made to promote the MSG album in 1972??

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:44 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

This is a very rare LP Elvis Is Back! release from Cuba, in this case they changed the title to: "Elvis Regresa" LPD- 544. As far as I know there were two different pressings, one on a White RCA Victor label & the one shown on Red RCA VIctor label 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Elvis Regresa LP RCA Victor Internacional LPD-544-Cuba. Front cover.

Elvis Regresa LP RCA Victor Internacional LPD-544-Cuba. Back cover.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:28 am

That is really cool Mike! 8) :smt006

Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:45 am

My favorite rare elvis records include 45's of that's all right and good rockin tonight. I think they are originals?

Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:59 am

promiseland wrote:That is really cool Mike! 8) :smt006

Thanks! :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:56 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:.... LP Elvis Is Back! release from Cuba... As far as I know there were two different pressings, one on a White RCA Victor label & the one shown on Red RCA VIctor label 8)....

Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:50 am

A1elvisfan wrote:My favorite rare elvis records include 45's of that's all right and good rockin tonight. I think they are originals?

That's All Right is 100% original. Good Rockin' Tonight is in question only because of the bad scan you uploaded.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:51 pm

Laser- Freak wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:.... LP Elvis Is Back! release from Cuba... As far as I know there were two different pressings, one on a White RCA Victor label & the one shown on Red RCA VIctor label 8)....

Never saw the black label variation before 8). Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:35 pm

image.jpg

Just bought this non American trilogy!!

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:53 pm

image.jpg

4 from ex Yugoslavia (I'm the King of Yugoslavia!)

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:23 pm

Do you have any of the Yugoslavian coloured vinyl singles Tony?

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:24 pm

Do you have any of the Yugoslavian coloured vinyl singles Tony?
Edit: Duplicated post - sorry.