Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:28 am

Tony.. wrote:Talking of worldwide Elvis discography books, I have that Spanish one and it is very good. I also have books on French, Australian, UK and American (Presleyana) releases; does anyone know if a German or Portugese discography were ever done?

yes, the german fanclub "elvis-presley-gesellschaft" http://www.epg-ev.de released two books about vinyl from germany on "elvis rillen-revue" teil 1 and teil 2 in the ´80s, written by helmut radermacher and wolfgang kühnel. don´t know, if they´re still available.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:48 pm

No rare LP but the second volume of some UK release that I've had since the late '80s for which I have never seen volume 1 of. I haven't played this record in 20 years, but man it sounded crisp. Image below is of both volumes of the tape:
What spins me out is how the intro to Big Boss Man opens up from the guitar to the bass then drums as it swirls from left to right. Maybe this is normal but its kind of new to me.
Spin it if you've got it!

Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:35 pm

Christopher wrote:....two books about vinyl from germany on "elvis rillen-revue" teil 1 and teil 2 in the ´80s, written by helmut radermacher and wolfgang kühnel. don´t know, if they´re still available.

No... Sometimes on eBay.

There are further publications about German vinyl:

ELVIS ON VINYL 1 & 3 (Peter Baumann, Vienna 1995/6)

Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:48 am

Christopher wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Talking of worldwide Elvis discography books, I have that Spanish one and it is very good. I also have books on French, Australian, UK and American (Presleyana) releases; does anyone know if a German or Portugese discography were ever done?

yes, the german fanclub "elvis-presley-gesellschaft" http://www.epg-ev.de released two books about vinyl from germany on "elvis rillen-revue" teil 1 and teil 2 in the ´80s, written by helmut radermacher and wolfgang kühnel. don´t know, if they´re still available.

Many thanks for the info about these books. I don't ever recall see9ing these before. Now the hunt begins!!

Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:25 am

Tony.. wrote:Many thanks for the info about these books. I don't ever recall see9ing these before. Now the hunt begins!!

very welcome. happy hunting, tony! :wink:

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:17 pm

I don't recall if anyone has included this record here before, so here is "Golden Boy Elvis". (Sorry about my camera flash);

GOLDEN BOY.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:36 am

Yes! Keep ém coming!

Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:14 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Another rare record, Sony release of Elvis Presley EPA-747, it came out recently in 2011 but it was a very limited pressing 8). It came as a bonus with the U.S release of the boxset: " Young Man With The Big Beat". The value now is over $100.00 :shock:. Bye for now :smt006.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:48 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Another rare record, Sony release of Elvis Presley EPA-747, it came out recently in 2011 but it was a very limited pressing 8). It came as a bonus with the U.S release of the boxset: " Young Man With The Big Beat". The value now is over $100.00 :shock:. Bye for now :smt006.

Nice, but I wouldn't want that record without the box set it came with. Does it mention YMWTBB anywhere on it's cover?

Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:28 pm

Tony.. wrote:

Nice, but I wouldn't want that record without the box set it came with. Does it mention YMWTBB anywhere on it's cover?

No mention of YMWTBB on cover, it is an exact copy of the original 1956 release. The only difference is that it is about 1/2" bigger in size :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:35 am

I know very little about vinyl, so maybe someone here can help me out. I recently acquired several original Elvis records via a family friend. I do not know if any of these are rare at all or not. Looking for some input :)

LPs

45s

Side 1: Love Me Tender, Let Me
Side 2: Poor Boy, We're Gonna Move

Side 1: Crying In The Chapel
Side 2: I Believe In The Man In The Sky

Side 1: Love Me Tender
Side 2: Anyway You Want Me

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:01 am

How do you the value is now over $100?

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:32 am

Mike C wrote:

Jerry Osborne´s Presleyana VII Price Guide book and ebay :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

phpBB [video]

Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:42 pm

i need tips on books or websites used to check the prices of elvis worldwide vinyl releases!

Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:36 pm

The "Young Man with the Big Beat" bonus EPA747 looks perfect until you actually open it up. The label is all wrong. The printing is so faint as to be invisible and Nipper at the top is a good deal smaller than it should be. The printing around the perimeter has a copyright date of 2011 by Sony as well. Not quite an exact copy.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:31 pm

Mike C wrote:

Jerry Osborne´s Presleyana VII Price Guide book and ebay :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

phpBB [video]

Thanks! The copy I have, which Sony sent after they sent the box is unopened.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:22 pm

RonBaker2003 wrote:The "Young Man with the Big Beat" bonus EPA747 looks perfect until you actually open it up. The label is all wrong. The printing is so faint as to be invisible and Nipper at the top is a good deal smaller than it should be. The printing around the perimeter has a copyright date of 2011 by Sony as well. Not quite an exact copy.

Sorry, I was describing the cover only!. Mine is still sealed as well, don´t need to open it as I already have an original from 1956 so I can play it if needed :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:07 pm

RonBaker2003 wrote:The "Young Man with the Big Beat" bonus EPA747 looks perfect until you actually open it up. The label is all wrong. The printing is so faint as to be invisible and Nipper at the top is a good deal smaller than it should be. The printing around the perimeter has a copyright date of 2011 by Sony as well. Not quite an exact copy.

Good!! I'm glad it's not an exact copy. This makes it easier to differenciate beween the real artifact and the fake. Also, it stops sellers, either knowingly or otherwise, from trying to pass this off as an original on Ebay etc. I hate copies - all they do is devalue the original item and cause confusion amonst collectors.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:51 am

Free to travellers to Memphis with the OEPFC in 1987
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:27 am

Was this record included in ALL copies of " Young Man With The Big Beat", or was there a special edition release put out with the record included. If it wasn't in all copies, how can you tell which ones have it included? Is it listed on the cover of the box?
Thanks
Murph

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:18 am

murph1031 wrote:

Was this record included in ALL copies of " Young Man With The Big Beat", or was there a special edition release put out with the record included. If it wasn't in all copies, how can you tell which ones have it included? Is it listed on the cover of the box?
Thanks
Murph

I`m pretty sure you had to order the set directly from elvisthemusic.com or popmarket.com in order to get the ep and I don't think it was inside the set but sent along with it as an added bonus. It was never a part of the set bit rather an incentive to order for those sites.

Alan.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:15 am

Chad Gates wrote:
murph1031 wrote:

Thanks
Murph

I`m pretty sure you had to order the set directly from elvisthemusic.com or popmarket.com in order to get the ep and I don't think it was inside the set but sent along with it as an added bonus. It was never a part of the set bit rather an incentive to order for those sites.

Alan.

You were almost correct Alan :wink:. Yes, it had to be ordered on those websites to get the record on preorder but the record didn´t come at the same time as the boxset :shock:. Something wrong happened with distribution and it was received on a different delivery at no additional charge 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:59 am

Rare one from Phillipines.... No other info.... Anyone? note: under Elvis' name.

Side B

Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:11 pm

Never seen that Philippenes single before. They did have some unusual label releases over there and many different songs were issued as singles.

Just bought this album from Peru. It has a weird back sleeve.
PERU1.jpg

PERU2.jpg

PERU3.jpg

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:23 pm

pretty much anything on ebay from Phillipines these days is in pretty poor shape, I love the scroll style Empire label ones.