Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:45 pm

REBL: Is that red vinyl 'Wooden Heart' single part of a set that was released in Canada or a 'stand alone' issue?

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:43 am

.
Last edited by REBL on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:29 pm

.

It is not important to have one of these PURE GOLD:

Image


..But (as vinyl collector) I find it interesting to see, which label variations there are:

PURE GOLD (OPUS 91 13 0625) Czechoslovakia 1978

Green (#1) 1978-1 / Blue 1978-2 / Green (#2) 1979-2 / Yellow 1981-2

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:24 pm

REBL wrote:A Blast from the past 36 years exactly......
Image

Never Issued on red vinyl in Canada.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:51 pm

Thanks Barry. That one has been puzzling me - it states 'manufactured and distributed in Canada' on the label but I've never heard of it and I can't find any reference to it either.
REBL was not very helpful when I asked him about it. I guess it's a fake then?

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:04 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Jim Dandy wrote:This is kind of rare, particularly from a CD perspective as no pressing ever replicated the exact LP/Tape track listing. This was my second LP (after my introductory LP Elvis Sings Hits From His Movies Vol 1). It was heavily advertised on TV in 1982 here is Australia and its all I wanted for Christmas (other than my two front teeth) as a 9 year old. I don't have the TV ad but I do remember it: it began with images and wedding footage, with the announcer asking the TV audience "Can you believe its been five years since the King left us"? I recall it achieved a top five chart placing too (when our population was under 14 million).
Anyway, a special compilation for me on the RCA Starcall label. Pressed in Sydney, distributed in Australia and New Zealand (no, it didn''t come with gum boots that held their sheep in by the hind legs as they pushed from behind near a steep cliff, did it, Allan?). I think it came out on RCA Victor on the tan label later on, but without the liner note inserts. It was a magical and mystical album for this 9 year old. It locked me in as a Presley convert, and the playlist order still overrides mentally other sequencing for me. It was compiled by the long lost Elvis Presley Memorial Fan Club of (Waverley) NSW and RCA Australia's Peter L. Harding (who did the 1975 liner notes on Elvis In The "70s too)'. Anyway, enjoy, and apologies for the lousy photos and spare bed doona cover, but crap happens and I don't have a bigger scanner


Thank you very much for your precious memories 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:53 am

.
Last edited by REBL on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:26 am

.

Image
Last edited by REBL on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:13 pm

.


Image
Image
Last edited by REBL on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:58 pm

.
Last edited by REBL on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:05 pm

BALADA SANGRENTA - Brazillian copy of "King Creole".
KING BRAZIL.jpg

KING BRAZIL 2.jpg


You can't beat a neat Brazillian. :smt007
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:49 pm

I've always had a soft spot for this late 70's picture label release. It was good to hear this previously unreleased press conference also.
PRESS INTERVIEWS.jpg

PRESS INTERVIEWS 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:34 pm

I'm not a vinyl collector at all. This record is from Spain and apparently was the first record. Do you guys have more information about it ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:12 am

Francesc wrote:I'm not a vinyl collector at all. This record is from Spain and apparently was the first record. Do you guys have more information about it ?


Francesc - I'm not a vinyl expert either, but I have a nearly mint copy of this record, incidentally,

This was issued by RCA Spain in 1957, and was the first all-Elvis Spanish record - previously, there had been a couple of various artists EPs with one Elvis song each.

This item appears to be very valuable. If I'm not mistaken, there were at least two issues of this record : one with paper sleeve (the one I have) and another with cardboard sleeve. The lettering on the labels is also different, as is the back cover.

Here's a scan of the front cover, which was the same for both issues.

A1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:32 am

The 33 1/3 rpm edition of that Spanish Hound Dog 7" has a fantastic sleeve! :D

By the way, nice to see that you appreciate our records, Tony. :wink: Do you have our "For LP Fans Only" edition? I always thought it was funny they decided to 'translate' the title to "Somente Para Fãs" (Only for fans)... Wait, so if you're not an Elvis fan you shouldn't be listening to it? :lol:

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:25 pm

billyblues wrote:The 33 1/3 rpm edition of that Spanish Hound Dog 7" has a fantastic sleeve! :D



Yes, that was the 1958 reissue, and it looks like same picture sleeve was also used later. Here's the 1958 one :

D1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Francesc, Mister Moon, billyblues, just in case you are not aware :wink:, there is a cool Elvis Spanish Discography book called Elvis-El Rey en España (1956-1995) 8). Try to find a copy, it is very informative, tons of colour pictures, although it is written in Spanish. If I am not mistaken Chris Giles at the Elvis Shop in London had it for sale several years ago but if not you can get it on the Spanish link provided ::rocks. Bye for now :smt006.

Image
http://www.lenoir.es/elvis-rey-espana-d ... -p-45.html

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:18 pm

Talking of worldwide Elvis discography books, I have that Spanish one and it is very good. I also have books on French, Australian, UK and American (Presleyana) releases; does anyone know if a German or Portugese discography were ever done? What other countries have similar books about their Elvis record releases?

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:47 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Francesc, Mister Moon, billyblues, just in case you are not aware :wink:, there is a cool Elvis Spanish Discography book called Elvis-El Rey en España (1956-1995) 8). Try to find a copy, it is very informative, tons of colour pictures, although it is written in Spanish. If I am not mistaken Chris Giles at the Elvis Shop in London had it for sale several years ago but if not you can get it on the Spanish link provided.


I have this book and it's very well done, Mike. Thank you very much for the information !

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Tony.. wrote:Talking of worldwide Elvis disdoes anyone know if a German or Portugese discography were ever done? What other countries have similar books about their Elvis record releases?


Tony, you ever have heard about the Japanese and Italian Elvis discography books? :wink:. The Japanese is a cool one! 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Image
Elvis-Japanese Discography book.

Image
Elvis-Italian Discography book.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:53 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Mister Moon wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Francesc, Mister Moon, billyblues, just in case you are not aware :wink:, there is a cool Elvis Spanish Discography book called Elvis-El Rey en España (1956-1995) 8). Try to find a copy, it is very informative, tons of colour pictures, although it is written in Spanish. If I am not mistaken Chris Giles at the Elvis Shop in London had it for sale several years ago but if not you can get it on the Spanish link provided.


I have this book and it's very well done, Mike. Thank you very much for the information !


You are very welcome, Mister Moon! 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Tony.. wrote:Talking of worldwide Elvis disdoes anyone know if a German or Portugese discography were ever done? What other countries have similar books about their Elvis record releases?


Tony, you ever have heard about the Japanese and Italian Elvis discography books? :wink:. The Japanese is a cool one! 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Image
Elvis-Japanese Discography book.

Image
Elvis-Italian Discography book.


Oh yes, I have seen the Japanese one but whenever it has been on sale somewhere, it is priced at silly high prices. I did not know about the Italian book. I wonder where I can try and obtain that? Also, there was an Argentinian discography book I seem to remember, but it was poor printing quality I think.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Tony.. wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Tony.. wrote:Talking of worldwide Elvis disdoes anyone know if a German or Portugese discography were ever done? What other countries have similar books about their Elvis record releases?


Tony, you ever have heard about the Japanese and Italian Elvis discography books? :wink:. The Japanese is a cool one! 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Image
Elvis-Japanese Discography book.

Image
Elvis-Italian Discography book.


Oh yes, I have seen the Japanese one but whenever it has been on sale somewhere, it is priced at silly high prices. I did not know about the Italian book. I wonder where I can try and obtain that? Also, there was an Argentinian discography book I seem to remember, but it was poor printing quality I think.


The Italian book was once available from Chris Giles ask him, he might have still one and the Argentinian was not bad at all!!! :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:45 am

Thanks for letting me know, Mike. Recently I had the chance to obtain 3 Spanish Elvis' EPs and was very happy to get them! Not only that, but the seller was a very nice fella. Great experience! :D I really enjoyed the EPs and, I have to say, I think Spain had some of the best material released when it comes to vinyl. My opinion, at least.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

billyblues wrote:Thanks for letting me know, Mike. Recently I had the chance to obtain 3 Spanish Elvis' EPs and was very happy to get them! Not only that, but the seller was a very nice fella. Great experience! :D I really enjoyed the EPs and, I have to say, I think Spain had some of the best material released when it comes to vinyl. My opinion, at least.


You are welcome billyblues!, you won´t believe it but the only Spanish EP I have is Fun In Acapulco, but that is because I love the movie :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Image