Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Here is a biggie, an original U.S copy still sealed with original super rare bonus sticker :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:14 pm

promiseland wrote:Mike, you and Tony have an awesome collection!

I'd give it all up for that girl in your avatar! But I STILL don't know who she is. Please tell us. :wink:

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:10 pm

from Korea

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:14 pm

Jap Promo

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:17 pm

Teriffic!! :D

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:46 pm

I found a scan of this rare 78 rpm home recording for Colonel Parker (1957); I have no idea what is on the recording.

colonel snow

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:06 pm

colonel snow wrote:I found a scan of this rare 78 rpm home recording for Colonel Parker (1957); I have no idea what is on the recording.

colonel snow

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Where did you find this? Perhaps, it is a fake?

Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:15 pm

It was sold at an auction for years ago. I don't believe it is fake. Perhaps a try out for a future release in 1957?

colonel snow

Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:38 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

This is a rare record: U.S.A RCA Picture Disc LP release of Elvis-A Legendary Performer Vol 3 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Why is this one Rare?

Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:46 am

sheila wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

This is a rare record: U.S.A RCA Picture Disc LP release of Elvis-A Legendary Performer Vol 3 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Why is this one Rare?

Because of the black trim instead of the blue trim :wink:. For more info please read the description I gave some posts earlier. Bye for now :smt006.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:33 pm

my copy of the Argentinian version of Our memories of Elvis volume 2, Not especially rare but I was sent it as a present by a pen friend I had in Argentina in the Early 1990`s , I know this person didn`t have a great deal of Elvis items available to them at that time so it meant a lot to me that they would take a record from their own collection and send it to me.
our memories front.jpg

Alan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:52 pm

Thanks for showing us. Love it.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:22 pm

I just posted these scans on another thread, but I thought it would be cool to post them here, too.

This is an original copy of the cardboard disc that contained the 1956 Oakland Radio Spot.

It's a one-sided, 7-inch record, and plays at 33 rpm.

Be sure to read the interesting thread on this particular show - and you'll hear how this disc sounds, too : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77923
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mister Moon on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:25 pm

Very, very nice! (I'm jealous you know) :P

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:38 pm

:wink:

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:57 pm

I just finished collecting the original 70´s bootleg sleeves for the first 5 SUN singles 8), they are very hard to find! :shock:. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Very nice items, Mike !!

Here's an addition to those five.

In the early 90s, shortly after "My Happiness" was first released on that ugly-looking album "The Great Performances" (great photo, horrible cover design), some enterprising, good-tasted soul decided that this glorious track deserved a cooler fate.

In addition to "My Happiness", this 45 rpm single included the "master" take of the slow version of "I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone".

Please note that the reference number, 252, was originally not used by Sun (it should have been a Kenny Parchman release).
Same for the matrix numbers, U-96 and U-97, originally scheduled for a Johnny O'Neal single that never came out.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:21 pm

Mister Moon wrote:Very nice items, Mike !!

Here's an addition to those five.

In the early 90s, shortly after "My Happiness" was first released on that ugly-looking album "The Great Performances" (great photo, horrible cover design), some enterprising, good-tasted soul decided that this glorious track deserved a cooler fate.

In addition to "My Happiness", this 45 rpm single included the "master" take of the slow version of "I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone".

Please note that the reference number, 252, was originally not used by Sun (it should have been a Kenny Parchman release).
Same for the matrix numbers, U-96 and U-97, originally scheduled for a Johnny O'Neal single that never came out.

Very nice record you are showing 8). Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:34 pm

My pleasure, Mike.

In fact, those discs were screaming for a breath of fresh air - so many years stored in those damn boxes !!!

Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:57 am

Mike................. If you want Black rimmed Leg3 pic discs there is a couple on the Elvis Shop London 15 GBP ea same price as the Blue one. BTW I still have a sealed copy from '79 along with 2 copies of the gold vinyl version.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:25 pm

How about one of these ............. Image

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:29 pm

A nice little one from Peru.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:02 pm

REBL wrote:Mike................. If you want Black rimmed Leg3 pic discs there is a couple on the Elvis Shop London 15 GBP ea same price as the Blue one. BTW I still have a sealed copy from '79 along with 2 copies of the gold vinyl version.

That record was already in my collection when I showed it on this topic :wink:. Thanks anyway ::rocks. Bye for now :smt006.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:15 pm

Recently added to my collection, from Spain! 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:47 pm

All BRILLIANT. Thank you.
'REBL', do you have the coupon(s) with that 'Save on records' EP?