Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:20 pm

I'm trying to keep this topic going, but you guys are forgetting to post more of your beauties!!! So here's a couple more 78rpm babies from the vaults of Tony..

LONG TALL SALLY.jpg

I never knew this song had been used on an A side.....until I saw this South African record languishing all on it's own at a record fair, crying out "take me home"!!!! Anyone wanna guess what's on the other side?

HOUND DOG DEMO 78.jpg

This is a 2 sided UK demo 78. If you don't know what's on the other side of this then I despair!! :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:30 pm

Does anyone know if this Spanish EP "Crying in the chapel" is especially rare? I've just seen a copy of it online;
SPANISH EP.jpg

This is the rear of the sleeve; the front is the usual "Girl Happy" pic with red background. Thanks for any information forthcoming.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Tony.. wrote:Does anyone know if this Spanish EP "Crying in the chapel" is especially rare? I've just seen a copy of it online;
SPANISH EP.jpg

This is the rear of the sleeve; the front is the usual "Girl Happy" pic with red background. Thanks for any information forthcoming.

I can tell you that this EP was a big seller in Spain in 1965 and it reached nº 1 spot on the Spanish Hit list because of the inclusion of the song Crying in The Chapel and the great promotion it had by RCA 8). They had to repressed it several times because of the big selling. If you are into Spanish discography I highly recommend you this great book availabe at the Elvis Shop in London :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

https://www.theelvisshoplondon.com/inde ... t_id=23413

Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Thank you for the information, sir. I do have that book; I was lucky enough to find a copy at one of the London collectors fairs, but it doesn't show any values or prices inside.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:43 pm

Tony ..... Argentina ..... Ritmos.... http://www.elvisechoesofthepast.com/caramba-elvis-on-the-vik-label/

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:38 am

I bought this nice "Danske(Danish)Single Hits" record today for aprox. $10. It was distributed in Denmark only in 1990.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Wow, very nice. I used to have the CD of that one. Never seen the vinyl version.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Ain't it somehow a little perverse how many different RCA pressings are floating around all over the world? :wink:

Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:56 pm

In Sweden we also had our version called Swedish Hits, there was two different versions a one cd version and a double cd version, I agree there is a lot of releases all over the world. No one could ever get a complete collecton of Elvis releases.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:00 pm

I would like to add to very rare records. Enjoy! ::rocks. Bye for now :smt006.

Front Cover: Elvis Is back!. Spain & Cuba.

Rear Cover: Elvis Is back!. Spain & Cuba.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:08 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I would like to add to very rare records. Enjoy! ::rocks. Bye for now :smt006.

Front Cover: Elvis Is back!. Spain & Cuba.

Rear Cover: Elvis Is back!. Spain & Cuba.

I've always liked that cover!!! So Cool! :smt006

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:53 pm

A single from South Africa and an EP from Espana (Spain!)
IM COMING HOME.jpg

SPAIN EP.jpg

Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:25 pm

Here's a nice Spanish promo / demo copy LP I recently acquired; :smt007
SPANISH RAISED PROMO.jpg

SPANISH PROMO.jpg

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:02 am

"KEEP BUYING THEM REKKADS"!!! :lol:

Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:11 am

This is a rare record: U.S.A RCA Picture Disc LP release of Elvis-A Legendary Performer Vol 3 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:14 am

Why is that one rare Mike? Didn't they sell quite a few of those in 1978??

Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:18 am

Hi here!! :D :D :D.

elvis-fan wrote:Why is that one rare Mike? Didn't they sell quite a few of those in 1978??

Please take a close look..... :wink: . Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:25 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi here!! :D :D :D.

elvis-fan wrote:Why is that one rare Mike? Didn't they sell quite a few of those in 1978??

AHA! The album is black! Did I get it right?

Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:37 am

Hi there :D :D :D.

elvis-fan wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi here!! :D :D :D.

AHA! The album is black! Did I get it right?

Yes Sir, you´re right! 8). It was pressed on black vinyl and then they applied the picture. This is so much rarer than the more common blue disc which is very easy to find. This one pressed on black vinyl is worth $100 and it is very hard to find. Here below you´ll find all the info you need ::rocks. Bye for now :smt006.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:37 am

I like! Did you buy this at the time of it's release not knowing about the difference or was it a recent lucky find?

Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:36 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D .

Tony.. wrote:I like! Did you buy this at the time of it's release not knowing about the difference or was it a recent lucky find?

There is a long story behind this.

In 1978 when I met my wife she gave me this Elvis LP as a present for my birthday 8). She knew I was an Elvis fan any way so she bought it in record store without knowing it was an imported U.S lP. When I opened the gift I was stunned about the beauty of the picture disc mainly the King Creole picture pressed with a black rim :smt007.

I took it to many disco-parties with friends and worn it out. In one of the movings because of being a military I lost it and others records and forgot about it :cry:.

Later on I sold my Elvis record collection due to family circunstances but 10 years ago I started collecting Elvis vinyl again and one of the first records I had to buy was this beautiful LP again. I bought a sealed one but I was very surprised when I opened it and found that the outer rim was not black, the one that I received was blue :x.

I investigated on this and contacted Elvis collector/dealer/publisher Robert Alaniz but he didn´t know anything about this. So I bought 2 more sealed copies as they were very cheap and opened them again and finding out that they were the ones with the blue rim again :evil:. Then I realized that the one with the black rim was a rare pressing so the only way to find this one was if it was open. So about 3 years ago a dealer from Germany put it for sale on ebay and I bought it.

Lucky the one that I bought off ebay was in Mint condition and last year I found out on the latest Presleyana book that it was a rare LP and valued $100 :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:48 pm

This is a rare and expensive U.S promo single pressed on green vinyl: JB-12205 You Asked Me To/Lovin´Arms with a bootleg sleeve 8). Enjoy!. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Mike, you and Tony have an awesome collection!

Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:27 pm

promiseland wrote:Mike, you and Tony have an awesome collection!

Thank you for the compliments promiseland 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:07 pm

A German "Fun In Acapulco" EP
FIA GERMAN EP.jpg