Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:39 am

Another Link ...... $600.00 ..... http://www.elvisspecialties.com/catalog/my_boy_loving_arms__gray_label__3307341.htm

Some additional information here ....... http://www.45cat.com/record/rca2458ex
see 1st post at bottom of list.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:41 pm

Jerry Osborne seemed to be under the impression it was destined for U.S. markets.Image

Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:48 pm

PetriTCB wrote:You wrote that "Manufactured in the U.S. for overseas distribution due to strikes in the U.K." Very interesting if this was the case! Where you got this information? And it comes actually with plastic bag because paper sleeve was folded.

Originally, I don't remember the source, however, I raised the question here in June 2011, viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61624.

After reading through this and to hope clarify a few things, I did more research and added a note to the website with sources.
http://www.elvisrecords.us/my-boy-loving-arms/

I also corrected the wording discribing the My Boy insert as a picture sleeve. It is now described as Insert.

Please let me know if there is something else that may need appending or of anything that specifically relates to RCA pressing plants. The site is always a work in progress....

Thank you, Paul

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:46 pm

REBL wrote:Jerry Osborne seemed to be under the impression it was destined for U.S. markets.Image

That picture is taken from The Complete Elvis magazine, which was published in 1977. It is listed in the two pages chapter RCA Special 45 releases, not in the RCA Singles chapter. All Presleyana guides from 1980 to the latest VII:th edition makes clear that it was a export press.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:21 am

Here is what the regular pressings looked like in the UK.... I have the Brown injection molded type (Both versions) All have the 2458 catalogue number without the ex designation of course. http://www.45cat.com/record/rca2458

Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:22 pm

Regarding My Boy coupled with Lovin' Arms single, I believe that only records were made in USA and inserts with plastic sleeves were made in UK. In the 70's in Europe there were many singles sold on that way. It seems that there is not anykind mention on insert where it was made.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:23 pm

Adding these 2. A variation on the same South African single of "Indescribably Blue"; one with a round centre, one with a triangle centre;

SA INDESCRIBABLY.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:54 pm

Like the RCA Sleeve more than I like the record .........

Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:40 am

ElvisFan wrote:Like the RCA Sleeve more than I like the record .........

Yes, the sleeve is nice, but I think Elvis sings this heartbreaker VERY well.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:39 pm

My new Columbian cutie....

CITA CON 1.jpg

CITA CON 2.jpg

:smt007
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:00 am

Tony.. wrote:My new Columbian cutie....

CITA CON 1.jpg

CITA CON 2.jpg

:smt007

Thats a rare one Tony :)
enjoy

Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:57 am

Yes, I was surprised to find it. Not a gatefold sleeve though, unfortunately.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:02 pm

I've always preferred the revese of this German cover to the US or UK ones. This particular pressing has a stickered front cover advertising "In the ghetto" plus a 'trade sample' sticker on the label.
EIM GERMAN 1.jpg

EIM GERMAN 2.jpg

EIM GERMAN 3.jpg

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:35 am

A question for the collectors;
I bought this in a batch of 78's a few years ago. Is this Uruguayan or Argentinian made??

URU OR ARG.jpg

Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:36 pm

Anybody? :?:

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:02 am

I'm assuming Argentina seeing that it is written on the bottom of the label and the catalogue number starts with AG.... so my guess would be Argentina. I'm puzzeled as to why you would think otherwise; is there something on the label to suggest otherwise?

Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:54 am

My Boy/Loving Arms re-issue from Holland.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:40 pm

REBL wrote:I'm assuming Argentina seeing that it is written on the bottom of the label and the catalogue number starts with AG.... so my guess would be Argentina. I'm puzzeled as to why you would think otherwise; is there something on the label to suggest otherwise?

It also says Uruguay on the label.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:42 pm

REBL wrote:My Boy/Loving Arms re-issue from Holland.

It's does not seem a release for the Dutch market, probably produced by Inelco aiming at the Belgian/ French. The Dutch would not use a French subtitle for My Boy.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:06 pm

My whole collection was stolen in the 80s. I had first pressings and several vaiations of those pressing of EVERY Elvis LP and EP. Silver top Stereo Roustabout etc.

But my most rare was the South African Jailhouse Rock LP. It had the same cover as the US EP did. I am sorry I do not have a picture.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Tony.. wrote:
REBL wrote:I'm assuming Argentina seeing that it is written on the bottom of the label and the catalogue number starts with AG.... so my guess would be Argentina. I'm puzzeled as to why you would think otherwise; is there something on the label to suggest otherwise?

Sorry 'bout that Tony, should have enlarged photo to check rest of label. Very curious.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:53 pm

REBL wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

Sorry 'bout that Tony, should have enlarged photo to check rest of label. Very curious.

Yes, I am confused on this one. Do I file it under A or U? :?

Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:56 am

I would go with the A seeing as the catalogue # is A....

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:28 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Here is the very rare DJ Preview Special SP45-118 for the movie Kid Galahad 8). I have added a video clip of one of the songs "Home Is Where The Heart Is" included in this single for you to enjoy. What a cool song!. Bye for now :smt006.

phpBB [video]

Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:23 am

Got these at a Garage Sale on Saturday .
They are not USA pieces so don't know much here .
They are from New Zealand .
The Guy wanted 20.00 apiece & I said forget it .
So I gave him 50.00 for the lot .

Probably paid too much but they are in MINT shape .