Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:02 am

Jamba wrote:
REBL wrote:Stay Away .................. based on Greensleeves?

Do you think Elvis recorded Stay Away already in the mid 60´s? :mrgreen:

Oct 1 1967 ................ somewhat mid 60's (besides he is guessing mid 60's) release.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:46 pm

No. The answer is................................."GIVE ME THE RIGHT"!!!! Yes, I was surprised as well.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:58 pm

"Jailhouse Rock" - 'medium' and 'standard' French editions. (????)
MED & STAN.jpg

USA "Blue Christmas" white label promo pressing;
BLUE X PROMO.jpg

Chile "Elvis Presley" EP;
CHILE 1ST.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:20 am

EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY SUPER RARE ELVIS LABEL...... ONLY ONE IN EXISTANCE!!!!!
Donut.jpg

Elvis............................. on the donut label.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:42 pm

REBL wrote:EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY SUPER RARE ELVIS LABEL...... ONLY ONE IN EXISTANCE!!!!!
Donut.jpg

Is that genuine or photo manipulation? Or is it just a fault with the printing? And do you have this or is it something you saw on the net? If so, what country is it from?

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:16 pm

Tony.. wrote:
REBL wrote:EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY SUPER RARE ELVIS LABEL...... ONLY ONE IN EXISTANCE!!!!!
Donut.jpg

Is that genuine or photo manipulation? Or is it just a fault with the printing? And do you have this or is it something you saw on the net? If so, what country is it from?

Totally Genuine Photo-manipulation......... I was scanning some labels for 45Cat and thought how much it looked like a donut. I should have pulled out my 45 of 'Too many Jelly Donuts' by Rick Dees.
Last edited by REBL on Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:12 pm

REBL wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
Donut.jpg

Totally Genuine Photo-manipulation......... I was scanning some labels for 45Cat and thought how much it liked like a donut. I should have pulled out my 45 of 'Too many Jelly Donuts' by Rick Dees.

Maybe it was a 'jam' session???!! LOL

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:13 pm

Definetly a honey of a deal.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:24 pm

You're on a sticky wicket there! :D
Here's some more records;

RARE SPANISH EP, 1956 (OR 57)
SPAIN RARE.jpg

BELGIAN 6" PROMOTIONAL FLEXI;
FLAXI.jpg

Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:26 am

Great GREAT topic!!

I like to add some of mine, i have no clue if they are rare, but i enjoy them.

I have some more singles/lp's... not that rare maybe but if interested i put them up.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Wouldn't you just LOVE To have one of these...........WELL so would I; unfortunately there only exists ONE copy ; and it sold for over $8,000 several years back. I was fortunate to find an image on the net. As far as I can remember this was a one off by an RCA employee. Apparently someone found this in a 2nd hand store, bought it and put it on e-bay. BTW it is a U.S. PRESSING.
Jailhouse_gold3mod2.jpg

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:35 am

Tony
Found this ....... about 2 asterisks on Can't Help falling In Love record.He must be speaking about the one with Elvis' name in the Left side as the Tan copies had not been discovered at that point. Hope this clears things up.

Collector.pdf

Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:05 pm

REBL wrote:Tony
Found this ....... about 2 asterisks on Can't Help falling In Love record.He must be speaking about the one with Elvis' name in the Left side as the Tan copies had not been discovered at that point. Hope this clears things up.

Collector.pdf

Many thanks.
Here's a couple more;

"BABY I DON'T CARE" South African 78;
BABY SA.jpg

Reverse of ITALIAN "GI Blues" / "Wooden heart" single with jukebox strip still intact;
GI ITALY.jpg

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:20 pm

Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:27 pm

JohanD wrote:.

I love those, Johan. And quite hard to find these days.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:08 pm

Tony.. wrote:
JohanD wrote:.

I love those, Johan. And quite hard to find these days.

My pleasure Tony!!
I'm glad i can contribute something to this great thread too.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:42 pm

:smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :shock: :smt007 :smt007
I don't recall seeing that "One night" with that pic sleeve before; is it Dutch?

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:52 pm

I have something that, a long time ago, I read was valuable. A vinyl bootleg of Sun stuff, with a "lighter color" label . . . I don't remember, exactly, but that it was said to be valuable. I'll have to scan it in, and also show you what it said about it in the book. A price guide. (Osborne??) Anyway, I looked at mine, and it looked like the valuable one. I still can't be sure, and the scan might not show it right. I might also take video, to do the comparisons, from the book, to my record.

rjm

Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:40 am

it isn´t really a vinyl record but i guess it is a hard to find collectors item: REEL TO REEL TAPE "SPINOUT", MADE IN JAPAN in 1967/68. anybody ever saw/heard of this? or has it in his/her collection?

Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:14 am

Tony.. wrote::smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :shock: :smt007 :smt007
I don't recall seeing that "One night" with that pic sleeve before; is it Dutch?

Don't Know..................they cut off his feet in the photo lol.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:33 am

How about both of these Worldwide rarities which I am getting ready to sell.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:36 am

How about this promo and yes it's going to go for sale also

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:41 am

And this one also...

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:43 am

and this, LOL

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:49 am

and just for giggles these promos also. The He Touched Me cd comes with the original Joyride Media Radio Script as given to radio stations.