Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Tony.. wrote:POLISH PIC DISC - A REAL WEIRD ONE;

I have one of those. Mine has a picture of a dog on it if memory serves me correctly. There's a page here concerning Polish Postcard Discs by Blondie.

http://www.recmod.com/bootleg6.html

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:29 pm

The Pirate wrote:
Tony.. wrote:POLISH PIC DISC - A REAL WEIRD ONE;

I have one of those. Mine has a picture of a dog on it if memory serves me correctly. There's a page here concerning Polish Postcard Discs by Blondie.

http://www.recmod.com/bootleg6.html


Do you know when they were made at all?

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:08 pm

Tony.. wrote:
The Pirate wrote:
Tony.. wrote:POLISH PIC DISC - A REAL WEIRD ONE;

I have one of those. Mine has a picture of a dog on it if memory serves me correctly. There's a page here concerning Polish Postcard Discs by Blondie.

http://www.recmod.com/bootleg6.html


Do you know when they were made at all?

I honestly can't remember when I got mine. I believe that it was sold by either Ian Bailye, or else it would have been the UK Fan Club. If I had to guess I'd say I got it at the start of the 1980s, but whether it was pressed up then or sometime in between then and the start of the 1960s, who knows?

Here's an ebay listing for a similar item, which states that it was made in 1978.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-Return-to-polish-flexi-postcard-RARE-/310261221068

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:34 pm

The Pirate wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
The Pirate wrote:
Tony.. wrote:POLISH PIC DISC - A REAL WEIRD ONE;

I have one of those. Mine has a picture of a dog on it if memory serves me correctly. There's a page here concerning Polish Postcard Discs by Blondie.

http://www.recmod.com/bootleg6.html


Do you know when they were made at all?

I honestly can't remember when I got mine. I believe that it was sold by either Ian Bailye, or else it would have been the UK Fan Club. If I had to guess I'd say I got it at the start of the 1980s, but whether it was pressed up then or sometime in between then and the start of the 1960s, who knows?

Here's an ebay listing for a similar item, which states that it was made in 1978.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELVIS-PRESLEY-Return-to-polish-flexi-postcard-RARE-/310261221068


That seems a good start price.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Image

I have two copies of this excellent bootleg from the seventies......both sleeves are exactly the same....though the labels are different.....anyone cares to tell me something about it?????

Label one:
Image

Label two:
Image

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:13 pm

I believe one was a reissue. Also, a 10 inch version was pressed. The RCA material first appeared on a bootleg LP called "Superstar Outakes" apparantly. The tape was bought at a flea market. The version of "Never been to Spain" is, to my knowlege, still unissued by RCA/BMG/SONY.

Nice Yugoslavian box set with photo book;
YUGO BOX.jpg


Barbados 7 incher;
BARBADOS 7.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:06 pm

"BLUE HAWAII" FROM JAMAICA!
JAMAICA HAWAII.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:35 am

Tony.. wrote:I believe one was a reissue. Also, a 10 inch version was pressed. The RCA material first appeared on a bootleg LP called "Superstar Outakes" apparantly. The tape was bought at a flea market. The version of "Never been to Spain" is, to my knowlege, still unissued by RCA/BMG/SONY.

Nice Yugoslavian box set with photo book;
YUGO BOX.jpg


Barbados 7 incher;
BARBADOS 7.jpg



i was always led to believe they were bigger than 7inches in Barbados :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:33 pm

houndog wrote:
Tony.. wrote:I believe one was a reissue. Also, a 10 inch version was pressed. The RCA material first appeared on a bootleg LP called "Superstar Outakes" apparantly. The tape was bought at a flea market. The version of "Never been to Spain" is, to my knowlege, still unissued by RCA/BMG/SONY.

Nice Yugoslavian box set with photo book;
YUGO BOX.jpg


Barbados 7 incher;
BARBADOS 7.jpg



i was always led to believe they were bigger than 7inches in Barbados :lol: :lol: :lol:


That's all a fallacy! :wink:

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:56 pm

Tony.. wrote:"BLUE HAWAII" FROM JAMAICA!
JAMAICA HAWAII.jpg


for £1 :shock:


:mrgreen:

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:49 pm

Andy-M wrote:
Tony.. wrote:"BLUE HAWAII" FROM JAMAICA!
JAMAICA HAWAII.jpg


for £1 :shock:


:mrgreen:


I WISH! :o

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:05 pm

Is it true that this record is worth more than 1000 dollars? And that 299 (euro's) is a good buy for this one....In the description is mentioned that this is a original 1957 pressing (USA)......

http://www.cartoonboetiek.nl/index.php?action=article&aid=1734&group_id=74&lang=NL

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:58 pm

AmericanKenpoRichard wrote:Is it true that this record is worth more than 1000 dollars? And that 299 (euro's) is a good buy for this one....In the description is mentioned that this is a original 1957 pressing (USA)......

http://www.cartoonboetiek.nl/index.php?action=article&aid=1734&group_id=74&lang=NL


I'm not an expert but I know a sealed copy with the gold 'from and to' sticker is worth a mint. (Wish I had one). :cry:

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:13 pm

AmericanKenpoRichard wrote:Is it true that this record is worth more than 1000 dollars? And that 299 (euro's) is a good buy for this one....In the description is mentioned that this is a original 1957 pressing (USA)......

http://www.cartoonboetiek.nl/index.php?action=article&aid=1734&group_id=74&lang=NL


No, it is a rediculous price. On eBay copies go for USD 50 to USD 250. You do not need to pay more.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:44 am

been away for awhile but had some friends sending me messages that i didn't really have the stuff i put up , but i wanted to share this one i got in memphis in august from jerry osbourn,
025.JPG
blue test pressings
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:29 pm

WOW! How many of those were pressed do you know?

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:25 pm

jerry said there were 4, sides 1 and 2 and only 1 known copy of sides 3and 4

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:30 pm

ARGENTINIAN 'COMPACT 33' SINGLE;
AGGY SINGLE.jpg


SOUTH AFRICAN "AS LONG AS I HAVE YOU" 78
AS LONG SA.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:54 pm

KempoDick wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
KempoDick wrote:
Tony.. wrote:'REBL', when posting some of your records, could you say something about them, like what is rare about them, the variations to others that look the same etc please?
Here's another from my vinyl pile;;
SOUTH AFRICAN WHITE LABLE PROMO / DEMO LP;
SA PROMO.jpg


Tony.. this is not a promo album, but a regular release from Zimbabwe.
Still it is very rare. :smt023


Many thanks for the info, Mr. Dick. I assumed it was Sth African as that is what the seller (not Ebay) had it listed as and it has 'Teal Record Company' on the reverse of the sleeve. Plus the fact it doesn't have 'demonstration' or 'promotional' anywhere on the packaging or lable did have me wondering. I have a "King Creole" with the same label as well.



I made the same mistake with a copy of the Jailhouse Rock album.
While doing some research for Bootleg Elvis on Asian vinyl, I found out that these white label
albums all come from Zimbabwe. No doubt about that.


So, in reality, they would be of South Rhodesian origin? Like this one. (It says S. Rhodesia in the run-out).
RHODESIA.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:57 pm

RARE KOREAN LP (MID 1960's???) WITH 1 ELVIS TRACK ON IT;
SHENANDOAH.jpg


Your task today, boys and girls is....can you guess the Elvis track that is featured on this LP???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:11 pm

Love Me Tender?

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:43 pm

Stay Away .................. based on Greensleeves?

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:08 am

REBL wrote:Stay Away .................. based on Greensleeves?


Do you think Elvis recorded Stay Away already in the mid 60´s? :mrgreen:

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:02 am

Jamba wrote:
REBL wrote:Stay Away .................. based on Greensleeves?


Do you think Elvis recorded Stay Away already in the mid 60´s? :mrgreen:

Oct 1 1967 ................ somewhat mid 60's (besides he is guessing mid 60's) release.

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:46 pm

No. The answer is................................."GIVE ME THE RIGHT"!!!! Yes, I was surprised as well.