Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:15 am

SPD 23 Rare Ep from 3pocket EP
Spd23.jpg
Spd23_Side6.jpg
Lonesome1.jpg
BROKEN_1.jpg
Wish1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by REBL on Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:05 pm

'REBL', when posting some of your records, could you say something about them, like what is rare about them, the variations to others that look the same etc please?
Here's another from my vinyl pile;;
SOUTH AFRICAN WHITE LABLE PROMO / DEMO LP;
SA PROMO.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:54 pm

Is this your only His Hand In Mine LP? :shock:
Or do you have this in multiple versions? :wink:
Just curious :mrgreen:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:22 pm

Andy-M wrote:Is this your only His Hand In Mine LP? :shock:
Or do you have this in multiple versions?

What makes you ask?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Tony.. wrote:

What makes you ask?

Multiple comments from you like this.

Tony.. wrote:
Whooppee, ANOTHER Christmas compilation with the exact same songs juggled round in a different running order AGAIN. One for the ones who MUST have everything for the thousandth time! :twisted: :roll:

As I told you, just curious :mrgreen:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Andy-M wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

What makes you ask?

Multiple comments from you like this.

Tony.. wrote:
Whooppee, ANOTHER Christmas compilation with the exact same songs juggled round in a different running order AGAIN. One for the ones who MUST have everything for the thousandth time! :twisted: :roll:

As I told you, just curious :mrgreen:

I don't collect CD's in the same way most collectors do with vinyl. As most collectors will tell you, CD's do not have the same appeal.
Here's a few more from the beautiful world of vinyl and shellac;

COMPACT 33 JAPANESE PRESSING;
JAILHOUSE JAP.jpg

SOUTH AFRICAN "AS LONG AS I HAVE YOU" 78;
AS LONG SA.jpg

"ELVIS" / "I'VE LOST YOU" TRIBUTE RECORD DEMO COPY (1971)
DEMO TRIBUTE.jpg

Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:44 pm

Ann Margret didn't have a very successful singing career but with ass ets like these who cares! From 1961...... Miss Ann Magret
Ann Margret sleeve2.jpg
Understand.jpg

Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:36 pm

BLANK LABEL ERROR ON A COPY OF "ROCKIN' AND LOVIN'" FRENCH LP SET;
PLAIN LABEL ERROR.jpg

SOUTH AFRICAN CANCELLED RELEASE. PRESUMABLY NEVER ISSUED OR TRACKS CHANGED???;
SA 2.jpg

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:39 am

MEXICO GERMAN.jpg

NICE PIC COVER AND UNUSUAL COUPLING ON THIS GERMAN SINGLE

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:50 am

JimmyCool wrote:
REBL wrote:You would think if they went to all that effort ....... They would at least make a decent label.

Wait, what? :shock:

I`d sure like to listen to that SUN recording.....oh boy.....would that be great :wink:

Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:24 pm

elvisa wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:
REBL wrote:You would think if they went to all that effort ....... They would at least make a decent label.

I`d sure like to listen to that SUN recording.....oh boy.....would that be great :wink:

Maybein 'a hundred years from now'! :wink:
Last edited by Tony.. on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:34 am

Had this 45 since 1986 Just noticed something unusual about the B side. It also occurs with follow that dream copy .......... No wonder RCA re-issued all 4 of them plus 10 others on their 'Special Products' label 1083 is still unconfirmed. So far I'm missing 1079 Black.Oh BTW these are Canadian pressings.
Fame_1.jpg

Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Tony.. wrote:
elvisa wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:

May in 'a hundred years from now'! :wink:

Someone's already Tubed it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH-WrEfB32Q

Here's what it Should have looked like.
http://www.45cat.com/record/520xu

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:41 pm

GERMAN "TREAT ME NICE" SINGLE. ("JAILHOUSE ROCK IS THE B-SIDE!!)
GERMAN TREAT ME NICE.jpg

SPANISH EP CALLED "JAILHOUSE ROCK"..................BUT CHECK OUT THE TRACK LISTING!!)
SPAIN JR.jpg

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:34 pm

AUSTRALIAN DEMO SINGLE, 1969
AUSSIE DEMO.jpg

SOUTH AFRICAN 78 FROM '56
HEARTBREAK SA.jpg

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:48 am

elvisrecords.us wrote:Elvis LSP-4671 Now (1977) Black-label, dog on side.
Every price guide has this at about $7.00. The reason is clear, as it was released at about the time the entire Elvis catalog was released in mass numbers to support the demand for Elvis. As most collectors focus their attention to the original releases, many believe that the later releases are simply too common to collect. However, I challenge you to find another copy. I am sure they are out there. It took me over a year to find this one, and I looked almost daily. I even considered this not to exist and actually documented that on the website. I was stunned to have found this copy. Without further ado..

Now
http://www.elvisrecords.us/lsp-4671-elvis-now/

Just checked my Elvis 'Now'; complete with original shrink and stickers....
Unplayed......
Now_Cover.jpg

Now_Side1.jpg

Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:13 am

Tony.. wrote:'REBL', when posting some of your records, could you say something about them, like what is rare about them, the variations to others that look the same etc please?
SA PROMO.jpg

Tony.. this is not a promo album, but a regular release from Zimbabwe.
Still it is very rare. :smt023

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:58 am

KempoDick wrote:
Tony.. wrote:'REBL', when posting some of your records, could you say something about them, like what is rare about them, the variations to others that look the same etc please?
SA PROMO.jpg

Many thanks for the info, Mr. Dick. I assumed it was Sth African as that is what the seller (not Ebay) had it listed as and it has 'Teal Record Company' on the reverse of the sleeve. Plus the fact it doesn't have 'demonstration' or 'promotional' anywhere on the packaging or lable did have me wondering. I have a "King Creole" with the same label as well.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:12 pm

REBL wrote:
Every price guide has this at about $7.00. The reason is clear, as it was released at about the time the entire Elvis catalog was released in mass numbers to support the demand for Elvis. As most collectors focus their attention to the original releases, many believe that the later releases are simply too common to collect. However, I challenge you to find another copy. I am sure they are out there. It took me over a year to find this one, and I looked almost daily. I even considered this not to exist and actually documented that on the website. I was stunned to have found this copy. Without further ado..

Now

You have a fine piece. However, the one you have is AFL1-4671 not LSP-4671. Though the AFL1-4671 is uncommon.
Last edited by elvisrecords.us on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:17 pm

elvisrecords.us wrote:
REBL wrote:

Now

You have a fine piece. However, one comment. The one you have is AFL1-4671 not LSP-4671. I still consider it quite uncommon. It's not yet in my collection :( There is also a known tan label for AFL1-4671, recently discovered.

Dang!...................... Close. Oh well!

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:33 pm

Tony.. wrote:
KempoDick wrote:
SA PROMO.jpg

Many thanks for the info, Mr. Dick. I assumed it was Sth African as that is what the seller (not Ebay) had it listed as and it has 'Teal Record Company' on the reverse of the sleeve. Plus the fact it doesn't have 'demonstration' or 'promotional' anywhere on the packaging or lable did have me wondering. I have a "King Creole" with the same label as well.

I made the same mistake with a copy of the Jailhouse Rock album.
While doing some research for Bootleg Elvis on Asian vinyl, I found out that these white label
albums all come from Zimbabwe. No doubt about that.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:54 am

Tony.. wrote:
REBL wrote:
Elfan wrote:Thanks REBL. Love the blue vinyl 'Milkcow Blues Boogie' - when was that one released?

Sorry, it was never released.... let my imagination get carried away (Thought I was Paul Lichter). It's sort of a 'What If'.

How did you convert it to blue vinyl and have you manipulated any other items you have posted here?

STILL waiting for someone to respond to the G.I Blues Slick......... It's been almost 2 months.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:16 pm

POLISH PIC DISC - A REAL WEIRD ONE;
POLISH PIC.jpg

ITALIAN SINGLE WITH UNUSUAL COUPLING;
ITALY WALLS.jpg

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:53 pm

That Italy one dosen't look like a big seller.......Makes you wonder who chooses what songs go onto a 45. Interesting coupling tho.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:02 pm

REBL wrote:That Italy one dosen't look like a big seller.......Makes you wonder who chooses what songs go onto a 45. Interesting coupling tho.

Yes, the coupling is most odd, but I'm assuming they also had the regular "Return to sender" / "Where do you come from" single release in Italy, so maybe someone thought these 2 tracks would make a good follow up? And, don't forget, in 1984, someone at RCA UK thought "The last farewell" would make a good A side! :smt003

GI BLUES FACTORY SAMPLE. DISC 1 OF 2 (THE A & B SIDES ARE ON SEPARATE LP's!
GI GREEN.jpg