Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis record? Show it to us, please!

Fri May 02, 2008 3:13 pm

This one is probably one of the msot common russian albums, but...it´s still Russian:

Regards//Björn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 02, 2008 4:48 pm

dreambear wrote:This one is probably one of the msot common russian albums, but...it´s still Russian:

Regards//Björn

Did you know there are at least 3 different pressings available for this album?

Here's some more Russian stuff

Fri May 02, 2008 6:26 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

This is a very rare Elvis bootleg 10" record called Season´s Greetings From Elvis EPC-1, released on red vinyl 8). Paul Litcher has told me that a blue vinyl release of this record exist :?, but I have never seen one for sale. Bye for now :smt006.

I've got the same red 10" bootleg. A very nice release IMO. Never heard of a blue vinyl release of this record before. Also, some time ago I saw on eBay, a copy of the original reel tapes distributed to the radio stations airing the special. The tape box had the same (more or less) cover as the 10" bootleg, this if I remember correctly.
Paul Dowling mention a one sided white label promo LP as well, see scan of the Worldwide Elvis cataloge 1995 below,

Fri May 02, 2008 6:48 pm

Mr.T wrote:Paul Dowling mention a one sided white label promo LP as well, see scan of the Worldwide Elvis cataloge 1995 below,

Good memory Mr.T, that's the one I meant. Thx.

Fri May 02, 2008 7:00 pm

10.000 DOLLARS
IS NUTS
JOE K
WWW.ELVIS2001.NET

Fri May 02, 2008 10:43 pm

Perhaps not a rare Elvis record, but if nothing else, a rare Elvis related record...

Years ago I purchased a SUN single that Sam Thompson once got as a gift from Elvis. The story when Elvis gave Sam the records can be found in Thompson's (tiny) book "Elvis On Tour - The Last Year", but I believe the episode is described in more details in the LOA I got from Thompson with the SUN single, - here it is;

"In mid-November, 1972, my sister, Linda called my home and invited my wife, Louise, and I to come over to Graceland mansion for the first time to meet Elvis Presley. Linda, Louise and I were downstairs in the yellow tile music/TV room playing a stack of 45 rpm records located on the record player in the back of the room. When Elvis appeared, he decided to play some different music and he proceeded to remove the stack of 45 rpm records from the record player and replace them with two albums, one by Sam Cooke and one by Jackie Wilson. Elvis had intended to play the 45's later but as the evening grew late and we prepared to leave, Elvis remembered I hadn't finished hearing the 45's. He handed me the entire stack of records and told me they were a gift and a remembrance of my first visit to Graceland! Shortly after this meeting Elvis purchased a home for me at 1317 Favell Drive, just around the corner from his Graceland mansion. Some of the 45 rpm records still have a sticker on them with that address on them, so that I could tell these records apart from the others at Graceland whenever we all listened to music in the yellow tiled music/TV room. Although I brought these records over to Graceland often, I always took them home with me; They were my prize processions and a gift from Elvis himself. Those records has been in my sole possession since November 1972, and were the private posessions of the late Elvis Presley. There are twenty-one 45 rpm records, described as follows; (..)"

I only have one of the twenty-one 45's as mentioned above, a SUN single by Jerry Lee Lewis, "As Long As I Live", with the address sticker of the house Elvis bought to Thompson on the back. A Danish collector bought all the twenty-one 45s from Thompson, and I later purchased one of 'em. A few years after the purchase I had the record framed, and today it's hanging on our TV/stereo wall. I've never played the thing, but it's nevertheless one of my favorite records.

Here's a picture,

Sat May 03, 2008 12:17 am

Mr.T wrote:... "Those records has been in my sole possession since November 1972, and were the private possessions of the late Elvis Presley. There are twenty-one 45 rpm records, described as follows ..."

Can you share the list of all 21 singles?

SUN EP 115 by Carl Perkins was part of the bunch ->

And a rarity, Edwin Bruce's "Sweet Woman," SUN 292 ->

At least some of these were picked up just before Elvis left for Germany in 1958, as both the EP and "Sweet Woman" came out in mid-1958.

Sat May 03, 2008 6:33 am

. i have severial rare ones.
burning love/it's a matter of time-japan
rock a hula baby/can't help falling in love-japan 45
rubberneckin-/don't cry daddy stereo 45 germany
my rarest ones
wooden heart/tonight is all right for love-45 germany with two really nice pics from the g.i.blues cover shoot. on the picture sleeve
tutti frutti/i want you,i need you i love you-denmark with picture sleeve
kissin cousins us lp without the b&w picture on cover.
msg lp from phillippines
elvis presley 1956 lp brazil poor condition only cover
golden records vol 3 brazil
moody blue/she thinks i still care-blue vinyl 1995 reissue promo
jailhouse rock/treat me nice-us 45 near mint cover and 45.
elvis 2nd lp with alternate take of old shep
it happened at the world's fair-lp brazi
one boy two little girls 45 ps only
blue hawaii japan 45
sentimental me/no more italian
harem holiday uk lp
on stage us reissue with a picture of elvis on back cover from 1972 wearing one of thetwo piece shirt and pants.

Sat May 03, 2008 12:31 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Can you share the list of all 21 singles?

Sat May 03, 2008 8:52 pm

Elvis2001.net wrote:10.000 DOLLARS
IS NUTS
JOE K
http://WWW.ELVIS2001.NET

I thought it was the currency in the USA.

Sat May 03, 2008 9:03 pm

Mr.T wrote:Perhaps not a rare Elvis record, but if nothing else, a rare Elvis related record...

:smt023 :smt023

Mon May 05, 2008 9:42 am

KempoDick wrote:
dreambear wrote:This one is probably one of the msot common russian albums, but...it´s still Russian:

Regards//Björn

Did you know there are at least 3 different pressings available for this album?

Here's some more Russian stuff

I had no idea! Thanks for the information.

//Björn

Mon May 05, 2008 9:49 am

I wonder how many of this single that´s around. It was probably not a big hit in 1981:

Regards//Björn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 05, 2008 1:14 pm

I didn't have any trouble buying that version of "You'll Never Walk Alone" when it came out...still have my copy. I don't think I played it more than once...not that I didn't like it, but it was more 'convenient' to play albums. So, if I could get that record here a million miles from anywhere (Southeastern Ohio), I'd say it was pretty common. Sorry.

Mon May 05, 2008 1:53 pm

I am amazed, Elvis in 1972 still had 45's from the 50's on his changer ?

Mon May 05, 2008 3:49 pm

jbgude wrote:I am amazed, Elvis in 1972 still had 45's from the 50's on his changer ?

It's 2008 and I still have (only) 45's from the 50's in my jukebox. :wink:

Mon May 05, 2008 3:56 pm

Don't know how rare this is but I have'nt seen another in years. The narrator (Brian Mathew) speaks in English all though the sleeve was intended for Europe. It is a flexi-disc plays extracts from the Readers Digest box set from 1975. Anyone else got a copy? I paid £2 for it.
EPGH-RD75-Demo disc.jpg

Mon May 05, 2008 4:11 pm

Smudge wrote:Don't know how rare this is but I have'nt seen another in years. The narrator (Brian Mathew) speaks in English all though the sleeve was intended for Europe. It is a flexi-disc plays extracts from the Readers Digest box set from 1975. Anyone else got a copy? I paid £2 for it.
EPGH-RD75-Demo disc.jpg

This is the Dutch counterpart

Mon May 05, 2008 4:17 pm

Some Italian stuff

Mon May 05, 2008 4:23 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Mr.T wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

This is a very rare Elvis bootleg 10" record called Season´s Greetings From Elvis EPC-1, released on red vinyl 8). Paul Litcher has told me that a blue vinyl release of this record exist :?, but I have never seen one for sale. Bye for now :smt006.

I've got the same red 10" bootleg. A very nice release IMO. Never heard of a blue vinyl release of this record before. Also, some time ago I saw on eBay, a copy of the original reel tapes distributed to the radio stations airing the special. The tape box had the same (more or less) cover as the 10" bootleg, this if I remember correctly.
Paul Dowling mention a one sided white label promo LP as well, see scan of the Worldwide Elvis cataloge 1995 below,

To show you that Paul Lichter had a Bue vinyl on his Elvis catalogue about 6 years ago, I´ve taken a picture of the catalogue and the page it was placed. It clearly states he had two versions: the Red vinyl worth $250.00 and the Blue vinyl worth $450.00 :roll:. He has an impressive Elvis catalogue with over 9000 thousand items for sale :smt119. I still use it as a reference guide when I search for rare items, but I no longer buy from him. Hope this help and if somebody has more info on this rare Blue version, please let us know. Bye for now :smt006.

Mike windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Mon May 05, 2008 4:44 pm

Smudge wrote:Don't know how rare this is but I have'nt seen another in years. The narrator (Brian Mathew) speaks in English all though the sleeve was intended for Europe. It is a flexi-disc plays extracts from the Readers Digest box set from 1975. Anyone else got a copy? I paid £2 for it.
EPGH-RD75-Demo disc.jpg

http://elvispresleyscrapbook.co.uk/artefact_72.htm

Mon May 05, 2008 10:15 pm

Again a German beauty:

The very rare 47-7777 It's Now Or Never - A Mess Of Blues.
This one was only sold in PX-stores of the US Army in Germany.
This is the same combination as the US issue.
The regular 45 released in Germany was 47-9314 O Sole Mio (It's Now Or Never - Make Me Know It.

Tue May 06, 2008 5:57 am

Mr.T wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Can you share the list of all 21 singles?

Thank you.

There's quite a few Jerry Lee Lewis singles in the group - maybe Sam Phillips sent 'em.

Tue May 06, 2008 8:24 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Another beautiful heavy record U.S.A 78 rpm 20-6420 Heartbreak Hotel/I Was The One in Mint condition 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Tue May 06, 2008 9:47 pm

another 78!