Its Now Or Never, Loving You, One Night & Love Me during '69

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Ben

Its Now Or Never, Loving You, One Night & Love Me during '69

Post by Ben »

Hi, i have these songs on a cassette tape i have just got and the date is 27th August 1969 and i was wondering if they are available on a CD/CD-R any where??

these are definitely not wrongly dated wrongly or copies of other known versions 'cos
Its Now Or Never is just a verse of Elvis humming the tune and the band playing the song.
Loving You is just one verse.
One Night and Love Me are good performances.

there is also Baby, What You Want Me To Do and Runaway from this show(or from a show that has not been released before 'cos i have all the CD's/CD-Rs released of this season and they are not the same from what i can tell) but the tape ends then and has songs from other known dates on the end.

they are very good to hear them
thanks
Ben

Russian fan

Re: Its Now Or Never, Loving You, One Night & Love Me during '69

Post by Russian fan »

Lucky you

Have never heard of Elvis performing neither Love Me nor One Night live in 69. My little research gave no result - there seems to be no track listings for the August 27-th concerts.

If this is not a late April fool's joke tell us about the sound quality and a bit more about the performance :)

Best wishes,
Yuri Nikulin

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man

Post by Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man »

If it's "Surrender" he's humming, it's first issued by RCA on Collectors Gold along with Loving You.

I had the 27th Aug tape but it turned out that "Love Me" and "One Night" were from 1970. A Shame.

Elvisenna

Post by Elvisenna »

Regarding songs that he would only perform the next year, If I'm not mistaken, Elvis just speaks "Polk Salad Annie"... going from one song to another.
He never sang Polk Salad Annie in 1969, right? But, if this sentence is really from 69, it shows he was already listening to the song.

He says "So that's Polk .... Salad ..." on the FORT BAXTER OPENING NIGHT 69 CD which has an unconfirmed date, but is certainly from the early part of august and is a dinner show.

Elvisenna

Post by Elvisenna »

It would be nice to listen to Polk Salad Annie with Larry Muhoberac's funky arrangements.

Yeah - Larry's "fast-finger" style was amazing! Never heard anything like it. I think he was the best pianist Elvis ever worked with.

Topic author
Ben

Post by Ben »

this is whats on the tape.....

it starts with a Scottish man saying "this is a live recording from August 27th 1969 8/12 clips"(i think thats the last bit correct but doesn't make sense)
then it is Rubberneckin' & This Is The Story from 26th August Midnight Show.
then Elvis strums a chord on the guitar(the same not as Its Now or Never starts) and starts to hum ("laa laa laaa la la laa") Its Now Or Never and the crowd start cheering. then he says something that i cant tell what it is(just one line) then goes into.."I will spend my whole life through loving you..loving you. winter summer, springtime too...loving you, just loving you, there is only one for me, and you know whohooo, i will never (inaudible line) just lovingggg youuuu"
Elvis then says something but i cant hear it 'cos of the hiss on the tape and then plays something on his electric guitar in the same style as he does on 12th August 1970 Midnight Show before he plays Little Sister/Get Back. and into......"Oneeee Nighttt with youu, is what I'm now praying for, the things that weee too could plan..would make my dreams come true, juuustt call my name, ill be right by your side, i need your sweet helping hand, my loves too strong too hide, always lived very quite life, i ain't never did no wrong, now i know, that very quite life, has been has been too lonely too long, ooonneeee night with you, is what I'm now praying for, the things that we too could plan, would make my dream come true. always lived.. very quite life, i ain't i ain't never did no wrong, now i know, that very quite life, has been has been too lonely too long, ooonnnneeee night with youuu, is what I'm not praying for, the things that we too could plan, could make my dreammmmssss cooommeee trueeeeeee (long ending with guitar solo)"
straight into..... "Tr..eat me like a fool, treat me mean and cruel, but love me, break my fateful heart, tear it all apart, but love me, (wont you love me), if you ever gom darling i ll be ohhhh lonely, begging on my knees,, all i ask is pleaseeee...love meee, i would beg and steal(beg and steal), juuuuustttt too feel(yes just to feel), youuuurrr heart, ahhh beating close to mine, oooohhhh if you ever go, darling ill be ohh oohhh so lonely, begging on my knees(he says "what do i do next" i think during this line), all i ask is pleaseeee, pleasee love me, oohhhhh yhhhhhh"

then a cut and into Baby' What You want me to do the last part only.

then its Runaway and Inherit the Wind from 26th August Dinner Show.

then: Baby' what You Want Me To Do, Runaway & Are You Lonesome Tonight? from 26th August Midnight Show.

Then Johnny B. Goode from a show i don't know.

then side two has: Suspicious Minds & What'd I Say from 24th August Midnight Show.

thats all thats on the cassette hope this helps you and i think all the 'new' songs to this season on this are from the correct date(well, the August '69 season anyway)
Elvisenna wrote:Regarding songs that he would only perform the next year, If I'm not mistaken, Elvis just speaks "Polk Salad Annie"... going from one song to another.
He never sang Polk Salad Annie in 1969, right? But, if this sentence is really from 69, it shows he was already listening to the song.
he performed an excerpt of Polk salad Annie during the following shows:
3rd August Dinner Show
5th August Dinner Show
24th August Dinner Show
25th August Midnight Show

Elvisenna

Post by Elvisenna »

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Yeah - Larry's "fast-finger" style was amazing! Never heard anything like it. I think he was the best pianist Elvis ever worked with.
Finally I found someone who agrees with me! I think Larry was the best piano player Elvis had on stage. Far better than Glen, who was just good. Larry was more than good, each version of Heartbrake Hotel in '69, for example, sounded different, 'cause Muhoberac never played the same way twice!

Is this the Shot Me Dorrick tape? It certainly not 1969 - not all of it anyway. Ah - the heady days of fake dates! :smt044

Elvisenna

Post by Elvisenna »

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Yeah - Larry's "fast-finger" style was amazing! Never heard anything like it. I think he was the best pianist Elvis ever worked with.
Finally I found someone who agrees with me! I think Larry was the best piano player Elvis had on stage. Far better than Glen, who was just good. Larry was more than good, each version of Heartbrake Hotel in '69, for example, sounded different, 'cause Muhoberac never played the same way twice!

In total agreement Elvisenna! Larry was the James Burton of the ivories! How the hell does he play that fast??? The Heartbreak Hotel solos are unbelievable!!! And he had a beard to challenge Jerry Scheff's 72 beard!!! Now that's saying something! :D

Elvisenna

Post by Elvisenna »

The Blue Suede Shoes intros in '69 were absolutely everything. While the band keeped on the main riff, Larry was there, flying around, going through almost every key on his piano!

He should join the cast of Elvis The Concert along with Bobby Ogdin!

Topic author
Ben

Post by Ben »

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Is this the Shot Me Dorrick tape? It certainly not 1969 - not all of it anyway. Ah - the heady days of fake dates! :smt044
No, its another tape with the 27th August date(look at my post above)
i also have the Shot Me Dorrick tape and this is the info i have on it i have got from it(it runs VERY fast, almost as fast as Larry's fingers on the piano :wink: )

POSSIBLY A SOUND CHECK OF 21ST AUGUST 1969 AS - AS FOLLOWS - DIALOG/RUNAWAY/YESTERDAY/HEY JUDE/FUNNY HOW TIME SLIPS AWAY/ - - FOLLOWED BY 'WHEN THE SNOW IS ON THE ROSES'(IMPROVED QUALITY)(we know this is from 24th August 1970 Dinner Show now) - - FOLLOWED BY - LAS VEGAS REHEARSAL OF - MY WAY/FEVER/CLOSING BARS OF I CAN HELP/PORTRAIT OF MY LOVE/POSSIBLY AUGUST 1972(some think Portrait Of My Love is from January 1970 now and the rest are from August 1972)
FROM AN UNIDENTIFIED SHOW - - MYSTERY TRAIN-PRIOR TO CHANGING OVER TO TIGER MAN ELVIS SAYS "THIS IS DEDICATED TO HI HIERARCHY OF THE STAFF OF THE HILTON HOTEL-TIGER MAN/HOW GREAT THOU ART(EXCELLENT VERSION)
CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THIS SHOW (well we know its the closing show of the August/September 1973 season released on Closing Night(FTD) now)
INTERVIEW WITH LINDA THOMPSON EXPLAINS HER THOUGHTS ON ELVIS - - FOLLOWED BY SUCH A NIGHT/I GOTTA KNOW/KISS ME QUICK/ASK ME/ IT HURTS ME/ALL WITHOUT THE JORDINAIRES - - FOLLOWED BY EXTENDED VERSIONS OF - - - - - - MOODY BLUE-3.55/WAY DOWN-3.57/FROM A JACK TO A KING-3.10/

that is what i have about the Shot Me Dorrick tape, don't know if anyone would find it useful nowadays.

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

ben wrote:Hi, i have these songs on a cassette tape i have just got and the date is 27th August 1969 and i was wondering if they are available on a CD/CD-R any where??

these are definitely not wrongly dated wrongly or copies of other known versions 'cos
Its Now Or Never is just a verse of Elvis humming the tune and the band playing the song.

there is also Baby, What You Want Me To Do and Runaway from this show(or from a show that has not been released before 'cos i have all the CD's/CD-Rs released of this season and they are not the same from what i can tell) but the tape ends then and has songs from other known dates on the end.

thanks
Ben
This tape is floating around in collectors circles for years now..it was one of the first i got..well..all is pure speculation.. impossible to find out the date..the lead guiter even reminds me of Burbank 68.. check it Benny..

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Topic author
Ben

Post by Ben »

Ciscoking wrote:
ben wrote:Hi, i have these songs on a cassette tape i have just got and the date is 27th August 1969 and i was wondering if they are available on a CD/CD-R any where??

thanks
Ben
This tape is floating around in collectors circles for years now..it was one of the first i got..well..all is pure speculation.. impossible to find out the date..the lead guitar even reminds me of Burbank 68.. check it Benny..
One Night from the tape does remind me of the '68 Comeback version with overdubbed clapping but the thing he says that i cant make out wasn't the same during the Comeback i don't think

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Ages I was spending with comparing etc..no result..it could also be faked applause..inserted dialogue...patchwork of diff.shows..etc..

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Elvisenna wrote:Regarding songs that he would only perform the next year, If I'm not mistaken, Elvis just speaks "Polk Salad Annie"... going from one song to another.
Of course he was listening, Tony Joe White's original Monument single was on the pop charts.

Elvis quoted the song several times in August 1969, and there's an official version ->

All Shook Up (FTD, 2005) -- August 26, 1969 MS

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!