Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Phoenix78
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Madison Square Garden question....

Post by Phoenix78 »

hey guys, does anyone have any info on this camera obviously filming Elvis at the garden and has anyone ever seen any of it????? (photo is June 10th, evening show)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Today's "Science Fiction" is tomorrow's REALITY."
- Myself

Thomas
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Re: Madison Square Garden question....

Post by Thomas »

Judging by the size of of professional TV cameras in 1972, I'd say that was a security camera at most.

elvislennon
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by elvislennon »

Thomas wrote:Judging by the size of of professional TV cameras in 1972, I'd say that was a security camera at most.
Ok, if so tell me this. Why does the same camera is seen during the Elvis On Tours shows. Exact same camera or same model at least? Watch Elvis On Tour Through My Eyes and you will see the camera at Richmond, Greensboro, San Antonio. :shock:

Scott

Post by Scott »

elvislennon wrote: Ok, if so tell me this. Why does the same camera is seen during the Elvis On Tours shows. Exact same camera or same model at least?
So?

If it is indeed a CCTV camera, the chances of it being the same type/model in two different arenas are good.

elvislennon

Post by elvislennon »

Scott wrote:
elvislennon wrote: Ok, if so tell me this. Why does the same camera is seen during the Elvis On Tours shows. Exact same camera or same model at least?
So?

If it is indeed a CCTV camera, the chances of it being the same type/model in two different arenas are good.
Yes, that is true but why was the camera never seen in Greensboro when he came back then since the camera is seen on stage during that show in 1972? The camera was only seen at the Afternoon show in Hampton Roads but not in the evening. Unless, the footage that is seen in Elvis On Tour when Elvis walks around the stage during the closing vamp with his cape out and puts his faces right into the camera is that camera. It only appears during the April 1972 tour off and on and MSG concerts. None before and non after. Makes you wonder what was that camera really for and did it actaully filmed him.

Scott

Post by Scott »

elvislennon wrote: [Yes, that is true but why was the camera never seen in Greensboro when he came back then since the camera is seen on stage during that show in 1972? The camera was only seen at the Afternoon show in Hampton Roads but not in the evening.
Simple.

It's editing. If these CCTV cameras were at these shows, there is no reason to assume they'd then definitely be seen in the final edit of On Tour.

And CCTV footage like this was not recorded. It was used (especially in Vegas) to observe only.

elvislennon

Post by elvislennon »

Scott wrote:
elvislennon wrote: [Yes, that is true but why was the camera never seen in Greensboro when he came back then since the camera is seen on stage during that show in 1972? The camera was only seen at the Afternoon show in Hampton Roads but not in the evening.
Simple.

It's editing. If these CCTV cameras were at these shows, there is no reason to assume they'd then definitely be seen in the final edit of On Tour.

And CCTV footage like this was not recorded. It was used (especially in Vegas) to observe only.
They are not seen in the final edit of Elvis On Tour but they are seen in the outtakes. Here is a still from Elvis On Tour: Through My Eyes. Footage is from Richmond:

Looks like the same camera to me. Anyone else agree?

Now, you show me a photo of the same camera on stage with Elvis. Can't be from April 1972 or MSG which we know it was at the MSG shows and during April 1972 tour with the photo I provided. I have been threw this subject before on other sites and went through all my Elvis photos that I have I have yet to find a photo with that camera and Elvis on stage at the same time except for the April 1972 tour and MSG. I have yet to find a person who can provide a photo with that same type of camera and Elvis on stage together. Maybe you have one or some other member on here, I would like to see one. Now, I have seen photos from Hampton Roads AS with the camera on stage and also from Greensboro, and Richmond (which I saw it only in the footage on TME). A member went to the Buffalo show that is on my site and he remembers the camera being their too. Another member who went five of the shows from that tour and remembers only seen it once during that tour.

Axeman
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Post by Axeman »

Phoenix78 wrote:hey guys, does anyone have any info on this camera obviously filming Elvis at the garden and has anyone ever seen any of it????? (photo is June 10th, evening show)
It looks like it's the afternoon show...The leg of the suit looks blue in comparison to the white boot.

If the cameras present at MSG were the film crew's, it would make sense. After all they filmed the Press Conference, why not a show or two, if only for fill shots?
Also it is possible they had planned to film but didn't, for whatever reason (Elvis wore different suits than the April shows, clearance couldn't be obtained from the venue...or Parker).
So the presence of the camera doesn't prove any filming happened, but boy, WHAT IF...

I love pipe-dreaming about stuff like that.
Was there a camera present in Boston, '71?

Axe

elvislennon

Post by elvislennon »

Axeman wrote: So the presence of the camera doesn't prove any filming happened, but boy, WHAT IF...
Axe
True, but remember that camera is only seen during that time period and never seen again. It was not seen in August 1972 which Elvis On Tour crew was there during that time. It was only seen during the time of April 1972 and MSG concerts. If they caught anything or not, we can't say 100%.

Erhan
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by Erhan »

it look like camera position did not set up for Elvis :? (or only for waist down shot :lol: )

Erhan

YOUTUBE
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

OnTourCam
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by OnTourCam »

does anyone know how many times Elvis wore the blue nail suit during the april tour as there is a short clip from love me tender which is not from hamton roads and you can also see that security camera in the back ground

it's near the bit when he bends down and you hear him sing love me tender love me trueee all of my dreams for filled that's mine........

i also got to see the policeman in the back ground his uniform is dark blue with a yellow strip on his cap but in hampton the police and wearing light blue uniforms.

Buffalo, NY.
Knoxville, TN.
indy-can't be cause the police are wearing white uniforms

so i'm guessing that it could be from knoxfiled i would love to see anymore photo's from this show and see which police team where dark blue with yellow in it

cheers

cam

Axeman

Post by Axeman »

Erhan wrote:it look like camera position did not set up for Elvis :? (or only for waist down shot :lol: )
But it was near the side of the stage, which would make a nice wide shot with Elvis center stage...

Axe

Axeman

Post by Axeman »

elvislennon wrote:
Axeman wrote: So the presence of the camera doesn't prove any filming happened, but boy, WHAT IF...
Axe
True, but remember that camera is only seen during that time period and never seen again. It was not seen in August 1972 which Elvis On Tour crew was there during that time. It was only seen during the time of April 1972 and MSG concerts. If they caught anything or not, we can't say 100%.
Right. The camera may have been for On Tour, but wether filming happened or not, we have no proof that it did.

Unfortunately.

Axe

OnTourCam

Post by OnTourCam »

i would provide a screen shot if that's possible but i'm not sure how to do it

1 other question this might sound silly well actually 2

did any of Elvis shows get recorded on radio ? like now it's common for radio stations to air concerts that were recorded on radio maybe it was 2 early for such thing

and the other thing is would the police uniforms worn but in 1972 keep the uniforms the same like colours and stuff or would they change

cause for the Elvis on tour stuff working stuff out this can be very critical

thanks cameron

in regards to that camera on stage if it was set to a wide shot maybe it was a safety shot so if all the angles were sh*t or the director needed something to cut 2 this would be it as it would always be in focus and seem to capture something while setting up the next shot ?

i might show some people in the tv industry at my work tell them the story see if they get shed some more light on the matter

cheers

cameron

LonnieBeale

Post by LonnieBeale »

Elvis had a video recorder and supposedly taped some of his concerts on video so he could review them. It might be his camera.

At least I know horses, and the ones with long ears are usually jackasses.

OnTourCam

Post by OnTourCam »

yeah

that's the screen shot well done

also to add to the Elvis on tour mystery lamar fike is telling them to turn the lights down now bring them down lets go haha well i think this is also from Arkansas due to the fact his wearing the same shirt back stage and when doing the lights

unless he wore the shirt twice lol

Scott

Post by Scott »

LonnieBeale wrote:Elvis had a video recorder and supposedly taped some of his concerts on video so he could review them.
What?! :shock:

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

OnTourCam wrote:...and you hear him sing love me tender love me trueee all of my dreams for filled that's mine........
Not familiar with these lyrics.

Which song do they come from ?

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout »

ColinB wrote:
OnTourCam wrote:...and you hear him sing love me tender love me trueee all of my dreams for filled that's mine........

Colin,

I dunno if you're being sarcastic but....

He's singing "Love Me Tender" and he says "Last one!" after kissing the girl in that scene.

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Tony Trout wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Colin, I dunno if you're being sarcastic but....
He's singing "Love Me Tender" and he says "Last one!" after kissing the girl in that scene.
Well, thanks !

Sarcastic ?

Moi ?

The lyric quoted isn't on any version of that song that I've ever heard.

And "Last one !" isn't mentioned at all..........................

Colin B

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout »

ColinB wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Colin, I dunno if you're being sarcastic but....
Well, thanks !

Sarcastic ?

Moi ?

The lyric quoted isn't on any version of that song that I've ever heard.

And "Last one !" isn't mentioned at all..........................

Are you still being sarcastic? If I recall, the words "all my dreams fulfill" are in fact in the lyrics to "Love Me Tender". He says "last one!" (or words similar to that) after kissing a girl near the end of the song.

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Tony Trout wrote:Are you still being sarcastic?
If I recall, the words "all my dreams fulfill" are in fact in the lyrics to "Love Me Tender".
He says "last one!" (or words similar to that) after kissing a girl near the end of the song.
I've no reason to query the actual lyrics, or what Elvis said.

The lyric & comment as quoted by OnTourCam were the butt of my attempt at humour..............

Colin B

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout »

ColinB wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:Are you still being sarcastic?
If I recall, the words "all my dreams fulfill" are in fact in the lyrics to "Love Me Tender".
He says "last one!" (or words similar to that) after kissing a girl near the end of the song.
I've no reason to query the actual lyrics, or what Elvis said.

The lyric & comment as quoted by OnTourCam were the butt of my attempt at humour..............

Ahh....it's early in the mornin' here and I obviously didn't catch your attempt at humor...me apologizes.

KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

There are two obvious reasons for this camera.

LonnieBeale could be correct and Elvis was filming for his own personal use.

Robert Abel and Pierre Adidge were in pre-production mode and were making a reference tape to block out storyboards.

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

LonnieBeale

Post by LonnieBeale »

I wouldn't get to excited about Elvis video taping his own shows. The problem with video is you can tape over it. And video tape was rather hard to get in the seventies. He might not have kept them very long.

At least I know horses, and the ones with long ears are usually jackasses.