2 other 1972 madison square garden shows recorded ?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
OnTourCam
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

2 other 1972 madison square garden shows recorded ?

Post by OnTourCam »

Hi
Was wondering if anyone could help me with regards to recording of the other 2 shows from the garden.

I know they recorded 2 shows multi track and god help us we need 1 of them remixed but anyway i was wondering is there any reference to the other 2 being recorded just for keep sake.

Traverling to work today having the garden show playing got me thinking how amazing these shows are the voice and overall quality of performance are amazing imo and should be up there as 4 of the best shows of Elvis concert era.

I hope one day we do get to see or hear the other 2 shows i think he also beformed bridge at one of them maybe that version if released would beat the greensboro version hehe

cheers

cameron

Ciscoking
Registered for: 21 years

Re: 2 other 1972 madison square garden shows recorded ?

Post by Ciscoking »

9.6. and 11.6. we have on CDR..for detailled infos about setlists/cdr titles.. please click on my sig and enter the concert data base or go to Concerts On CD 1972..

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Thomas
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Post by Thomas »

Ciscoking wrote:9.6. and 11.6. we have on CDR.
Take your tape deck and record the building site across the street. You will have an exact copy.

Do I think that one of the two multitracks should be re-released in better sound?
No.

Do I think that instead, 9.6 and 11.6 should be released in multi-track by FTD?
YES.

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

The sound is below average, that´s true..anyway there are worse..better than nothing at all..if I had a SB I would of course dump them..lol..

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Lennart
Registered for: 20 years 6 months

Post by Lennart »

It sure would be great to have these two shows released as a double-CD with new remastred sound. Reconsider Baby and I´ll remember you sounded better to my ears when they were released back in 1983 on the Legendary perfomer vol 4 album.
James guitar shines through loud and clear there, just the way I like it.

I don´t know if RCA recorded the other two shows but my guess is they didn´t.

Lennart

stefan kock

Post by stefan kock »

I have read somewhere that the June 11th concert was also to be recorded by RCA, but technical problems caused it not to be.

" The image is one thing, the human being another "

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by midnightx »

Lennart wrote:It sure would be great to have these two shows released as a double-CD with new remastred sound. Reconsider Baby and I´ll remember you sounded better to my ears when they were released back in 1983 on the Legendary perfomer vol 4 album.
James guitar shines through loud and clear there, just the way I like it.

I don´t know if RCA recorded the other two shows but my guess is they didn´t.

Lennart
All evidence shows that RCA did not.

Z0S0
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by Z0S0 »

i believe its been stated that it was only the 2 shows on the 10th - its a pity, i agree they we're some of the best shows of the 70's !

" Never was so Influential a Man so poorly prepared for his fate - nor so ineptly schooled for its Consequences"

"There was a reason they nicknamed him the King of Rock + Roll, !!!
THIS is the way ELVIS should be remembered! This is true greatness in the churchillian sense:
swaggering, daring, Proud yet humble, beaten yet never truly down,
MAGNIFICENT when victorious and always unforgettable! "

( Q magazine review 'Artist Of The Century' Dec 1999 )

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Z0S0 wrote:i believe its been stated that it was only the 2 shows on the 10th - its a pity, i agree they we're some of the best shows of the 70's !
Had they all been recorded, it would have made for quite a boxset....

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Thomas wrote:Do I think that one of the two multitracks should be re-released in better sound?
No.

Do I think that instead, 9.6 and 11.6 should be released in multi-track by FTD?
YES.
"Elvis As Recorded At Madison Square Garden" will surely benefit from a re-mixing excercise and should be released in a new fresh form - preferably as disc 1 of a 2CD deluxe FTD Classic album coupled with the afternoon show.

Since the two other shows were not recorded to multi-track your second expectation will bever occur.

BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 7 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

Matthew wrote:Since the two other shows were not recorded to multi-track your second expectation will bever occur.
Kinda buried in a bever then ???? :lol:

Rob

Post by Rob »

stefan kock wrote:I have read somewhere that the June 11th concert was also to be recorded by RCA, but technical problems caused it not to be.
The two from June 10th were the only shows recorded by RCA. That doesn't mean there's not a soundboard of the other two floating around somewhere. It just means the other two weren't professionally recorded. I'd also like to think that someone has better audience recordings somewhere than we've heard in the past. The sound on those that I've heard are much less than desirable.

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Rob, we shouldn't forget that already it is AMAZNIG how much concerts were recorded.

Right now I have a two hour drive to work in front of me, in which I'm gonna lend another ear to the new releases :-)

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Thomas wrote:Rob, we shouldn't forget that already it is AMAZNIG how much concerts were recorded.

Right now I have a two hour drive to work in front of me, in which I'm gonna lend another ear to the new releases :-)
You must live in L.A.

elvislennon
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by elvislennon »

stefan kock wrote:I have read somewhere that the June 11th concert was also to be recorded by RCA, but technical problems caused it not to be.

RCA wasn't there at all for the first and fourth shows. There is no professional recording of it either. If you look at a recording list that RCA did themselves you will see no MSG June 9th and June 11th show listed but you will see both shows from the 10th. What ever source told you that needs to correct themselves. There may be a possible soundboard of it but no RCA recording. But I am wondering if one of them exist too. If there is one it needs to be release in 2012 to mark the anniversaries of those shows and put all four shows in a set and release them either by RCA standard release or a FTD release. I know all fans will buy that one so I would like to see it just release so everybody has a chance to get it.

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

midnightx wrote:You must live in L.A.
I said I'm driving the car, not living in it :-)

stefan kock

Post by stefan kock »

elvislennon wrote:

RCA wasn't there at all for the first and fourth shows. There is no professional recording of it either. If you look at a recording list that RCA did themselves you will see no MSG June 9th and June 11th show listed but you will see both shows from the 10th. What ever source told you that needs to correct themselves. There may be a possible soundboard of it but no RCA recording. But I am wondering if one of them exist too. If there is one it needs to be release in 2012 to mark the anniversaries of those shows and put all four shows in a set and release them either by RCA standard release or a FTD release. I know all fans will buy that one so I would like to see it just release so everybody has a chance to get it.
Re-read my post. I said that I read somewhere that RCA planned to record the June 11th show, but technical problems prevented that. If true, then those problems could have occured way before showtime and obviously no recording were made then. No need for this source to correct themselves imo.

" The image is one thing, the human being another "

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

BIGREDG wrote:
Matthew wrote:Since the two other shows were not recorded to multi-track your second expectation will bever occur.
Kinda buried in a bever then ???? :lol:
"Suuurree got a lotta nerve boy"