It's a deja-vu time - new release

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Little Darlin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

It's a deja-vu time - new release

Post by Little Darlin »

AUDIENCE RECORDING (August 19 1973, midnight show) ON NEW IMPORT CD - with the speed corrected!

Source; http://www.elvisnews.com/Presentation/Functional/Page/news.aspx?item=10425&command=show
de-ja-vu.jpg
de-ja-vu 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Re: It's a deja-vu time - new release

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Well, they didn't take much care with the photo selection, did they?

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

They must have been too busy correcting the speed issue.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

Gonna have to take a pass on this one, holding out for that 1973 concert from Madison! :D

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

Topic author
Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

JEFF d wrote:Gonna have to take a pass on this one, holding out for that 1973 concert from Madison! :D

JEFF d
EP fan
Yep, me too.

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

Zero interest from me on this one! :x

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Just for jewel case and bad cover art collectors only.

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Vince
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by Vince »

Hi,

i'm always fascinated by the zealous labels that are releasing such "improbable" CDs... And the worse thing is that you will find the same kind of releases for all the bands that are (still) bootlegged today... This is strange because with the "crisis" in the official / unofficial music markets, the only way to sell discs is to propose real upgraded material using magnificent design (the "16 pages booklet thing" ^_^)...

See You

Vince

Narek
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Post by Narek »

I get a feeling that "Paint" was used to make this cover. All the the rear side photo ain't bad. How they used it is bad

He's the King. No matter what you think.

Thomas
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Post by Thomas »

Has anyone got a sound sample?

This is from the engagement where we got 3 surround sound audience recordings (sounding even better than a real' good soundboard).

kuenzer

Post by kuenzer »

Such as this average show in average sound? Or more like that plain average one in average sound?

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

kuenzer wrote:Such as this average show in average sound? Or more like that plain average one in average sound?
What do you want to tell us, Kuenzer..?... :roll:

Another:
This show has been released a few years ago on "Whole Lotta Shakin In Vegas". The intros were incomplete there as they are on this one.
Whole Lotta Shakin In Vegas was a straight copy of a CDR called Midnight Special. A note on Midnight Special said "Soundboard recording". The same note we have here. Of course it`s a booth recording in every case.
What I want to say,..nothing new...just "taken" from what was availible,..in this case not from a CDR,.. even from a former silver disc....
Also a version from a different source with the complete intros does exist... but in worse sound..

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

kuenzer

Post by kuenzer »

Ciscoking wrote:
kuenzer wrote:Such as this average show in average sound? Or more like that plain average one in average sound?
What do you want to tell us, Kuenzer..?... :roll:

Another:
This show has been released a few years ago on "Whole Lotta Shakin In Vegas". The intros were incomplete there as they are on this one.
Whole Lotta Shakin In Vegas was a straight copy of a CDR called Midnight Special. A note on Midnight Special said "Soundboard recording". The same note we have here. Of course it`s a booth recording in every case.
What I want to say,..nothing new...just "taken" from what was availible,..in this case not from a CDR,.. even from a former silver disc....
Also a version from a different source with the complete intros does exist... but in worse sound..
A comment like: "good show in booth recording sound (but not a soundboard), but copy of existing CD" would be more helpful for the newbie (and anyone else knows that the sound is not average) than to tell him that the sound is "average", which is the second worst sound rating on elvisoncd. I am myself sceptical about the easy way of making money from available CDs by "silver copying" them (those "silver copies" could be at least a bit cheaper than they are). But that's not a sufficient reason to ruin the whole reliability of the list of sound ratings.

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

kuenzer wrote: But that's not a sufficient reason to ruin the whole reliability of the list of sound ratings.
Mr.Kuenzer, may I tell you that I am not responsible for the sound ratings at Elvis On CD..? I didn´t touch
them....so what..?

kuenzer

Post by kuenzer »

Ciscoking wrote:
kuenzer wrote: But that's not a sufficient reason to ruin the whole reliability of the list of sound ratings.
Mr.Kuenzer, may I tell you that I am not responsible for the sound ratings at Elvis On CD..? I didn´t touch
them....so what..?
Since you gave the comments there ("average show"), I erroneously assumed you've also done the sound rating - sorry. Nonetheless, to whoever has done the sound rating: these might be copies of existing CDs, but thery are not average sounding, but at least very good.

Thomas
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Post by Thomas »

Ciscoking, does "Booth" mean that this CDR sounds like "We Don't Care What They Like" or "Getting Down To Business"?

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

kuenzer wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
them....so what..?
Since you gave the comments there ("average show"), I erroneously assumed you've also done the sound rating - sorry. Nonetheless, to whoever has done the sound rating: these might be copies of existing CDs, but thery are not average sounding, but at least very good.
You mean the two you mentioned above..?..I check and I will change,..no prob,..bud.

Bilko
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by Bilko »

I have got information that this one now is out.
But I won´t buy it,will rather wait for the new madison to be released.

Rob

Post by Rob »

You could buy both, couldn't you?

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Thomas wrote:Ciscoking, does "Booth" mean that this CDR sounds like "We Don't Care What They Like" or "Getting Down To Business"?
Thomas, we are talking about ,..-19.8.73 MS..Getting Down To Business is 31.8.73 DS. We had 19.8.73 MS on Midnight Special...and yes, Midnight Special is also a booth recording, that is where this release is taken from.
the tape on Midnight Special runs a bit too fast, on this release it has been adjusted.

Bilko
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by Bilko »

Rob wrote:You could buy both, couldn't you?
No I can´t and why should I ?

Rob

Post by Rob »

I don't think you should. I think you should skip the Madison release and pick up this gem.

Ben

Post by Ben »

Rob wrote:I don't think you should. I think you should skip the Madison release and pick up this gem.
i wouldn't disagree with Rob if i was you, he has never really been fond of the Madison label, have ya Rob

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Thomas wrote:Ciscoking, does "Booth" mean that this CDR sounds like "We Don't Care What They Like" or "Getting Down To Business"?
Thomas, I did my maths for you.

19.8.73 MS has been released on CDR Midnight Special (Union Music) and later on on import Whole Lotta Shakin in Vegas, both were running too fast, on the third copy that we have now the speed was adjusted. The intros are incomplete on all, of course. A complete show does exist in worse sound.

31.8.73 DS has been released on CDR Getting Down To Business (Union Music, wrongly dated 30.8.73 DS). Later on copied on import Trouble In Vegas. Two songs are inc., a complete tape in worse sound does exist.

2.9.73 MS has been released on CDR High Spirits In Vegas (Crown Electric), later on copied on import Flip, Flop And Fly. The show is complete.

The sound on all CDR and the copied imports (all booth recordings) is terrific !!
The complete sources spring from other tapes and are no booth recordings.

Kuenzer, thank you for pointing out the wrong sound ratings on Elvis On CD, I ammended it in "very good".

kuenzer

Post by kuenzer »

Ciscoking wrote:Kuenzer, thank you for pointing out the wrong sound ratings on Elvis On CD, I ammended it in "very good".
Thanks!