Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:33 pm

Another comparison. note in the first pic, from macon, his hair is identical to the backstage footage in the red brick room, and again compare to San Antonio. Not remotely similar.

Macon2.jpg


San Antonio 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:52 pm

DarrylMac wrote:
May I ask who told you that it was Detroit? Now you are right that some of the See See Rider is from Detroit. It is a mixture of San Antonio and Detroit. You got that right but the other is wrong.


Theres a part of that footage that you posted showing Elvis in sunglasses backstage - that's Detroit. Actually, having reviewed the photo's, I believe the main body of footage you've shown could be Macon Georgia. It comes down to Elvis hair. It could be Macon, which is the day after Greensboro, and they could well be discussing the night before.

The reason I'm adamant it's not San Antonio is Elvis hair is completely different.

Here, in Macon, his hair is coming down over his face a little, in the same way it is during the backstage footage.

Macon.jpg


Whereas in San Antonio, he almost has a side part, with no hair coming down over his face.

San Antonio.jpg


Wherever that red room footage may be, it's 100% not San Antonio, as right up until he goes on stage, he has hair down over his face from the right side, which then changes completely as he enters the stage as shown in EOT.



Well, I can tell you right now. It is not Macon Georgia. How do I know? Because I only live 15 miles from the Macon Coliseum. There was never a red room in the building at any time what so ever, all rooms were white and still are to this day. If you want a tour of the Macon Coliseum I be more than happy to. I can show you his former dressing room if you wish. His dressing room at Macon Coliseum looks alot different than that footage. So it is from San Antonio. It is not from Detroit and 100% not from Macon.
MGM was there at the Macon Coliseum was they never filmed backstage at all. The only filmed parts of the show. The footage is from San Antonio. Listen to what Elvis says. You can't deny the facts presented before you just because you going by hair alone. The walking scene is from mulitiple places but not from Macon. So it was combine of Detroit and San Antonio. The Red Room is from San Antonio just because of what Elvis is saying.

The only thing they filmed in Macon was the following:
Elvis at the Macon Hilton (which still stands to this days but it is not the Hilton anymore)
Elvis concert afternoon show (parts of it)
Elvis concert evening show (parts of it)

They never filmed backstage at all.

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:10 am

The Red Room is from San Antonio just because of what Elvis is saying.


We'll have to agree to disagree. Elvis at no point says "we're going to do Burning Love today." He only discusses the fact they'd goofed on it previously, which does indeed date it after Greensboro, when someone asks if he's going to do it.

You can't deny the facts presented before you just because you going by hair alone.


I have a keen eye for details, and I can tell you, and have presented photgraphic evidence to show that Elvis appearance in the backstage footage is totally different to how he appeared on stage that night in San Antonio. The camera doesn't lie. We follow Elvis right up untll he goes on stage, and he has hair down over his eye. We see in the movie his entrance in San Antonio, and he looks totally different.

Well, I can tell you right now. It is not Macon Georgia. How do I know? Because I only live 15 miles from the Macon Coliseum.


I live 15 miles from Manchester, but it doesn't mean I know what colour the dressing room is at the MEN Arena. How can you say for sure that there was never a red room in 1972?

That backstage footage isn't from San Antonio.

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:28 am

DarrylMac wrote:
The Red Room is from San Antonio just because of what Elvis is saying.


We'll have to agree to disagree. Elvis at no point says "we're going to do Burning Love today." He only discusses the fact they'd goofed on it previously, which does indeed date it after Greensboro, when someone asks if he's going to do it.

You can't deny the facts presented before you just because you going by hair alone.


I have a keen eye for details, and I can tell you, and have presented photgraphic evidence to show that Elvis appearance in the backstage footage is totally different to how he appeared on stage that night in San Antonio. The camera doesn't lie. We follow Elvis right up untll he goes on stage, and he has hair down over his eye. We see in the movie his entrance in San Antonio, and he looks totally different.

Well, I can tell you right now. It is not Macon Georgia. How do I know? Because I only live 15 miles from the Macon Coliseum.


I live 15 miles from Manchester, but it doesn't mean I know what colour the dressing room is at the MEN Arena. How can you say for sure that there was never a red room in 1972?

That backstage footage isn't from San Antonio.



How do I know? I done more research on the Macon Coliseum that you have ever done. I talked to the ones who worked there and works there now. I have been working with the people at the Macon Coliseum on a Elvis tribute for that place. The workers told me that the walls has always been the same color is 1968 when it first open, they have always been white. The walls of his dressing room itself looks alot different than what is in the footage. The walls have never been redone at any point after that. The only thing that has been redone was they extended the Coliseum to make the Centreplex.
The photo here is the only major work to this day that they ever did.
Image

The Coliseum is the main part on the right. Centreplex is on the left. Elvis' dressing room is on this side of the Coliseum. That photo was taken in 2006.

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:34 am

As I said, there is such a difference in Elvis' appearance, there's no way that backstage footage is from San Antonio. We're going to have to agree to disagree.

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:46 am

DarrylMac wrote:As I said, there is such a difference in Elvis' appearance, there's no way that backstage footage is from San Antonio. We're going to have to agree to disagree.



That may be the case then, but I can tell you it is not from Macon at all. You can believe what you want to believe but I know my facts about the Macon Coliseum.

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:58 am

elvislennon wrote:

How do I know? I done more research on the Macon Coliseum that you have ever done. I talked to the ones who worked there and works there now. I have been working with the people at the Macon Coliseum on a Elvis tribute for that place.



Are they erecting a Statue by any chance?

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:00 am

The workers told me that the walls has always been the same color is 1968 when it first open, they have always been white.


Here's a pic of someone backstage at the Macon Coliesum, taken from this website.

http://www.gainformer.com/Files/Bow%20Wow%20Concert.htm

Look familiar?

Bow-Wow-Int-Article.jpg


The red wall in the Elvis footage was only one wall - identical to this photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:23 am

elvislennon wrote:
DarrylMac wrote:
The Red Room is from San Antonio just because of what Elvis is saying.


We'll have to agree to disagree. Elvis at no point says "we're going to do Burning Love today." He only discusses the fact they'd goofed on it previously, which does indeed date it after Greensboro, when someone asks if he's going to do it.

You can't deny the facts presented before you just because you going by hair alone.


I have a keen eye for details, and I can tell you, and have presented photgraphic evidence to show that Elvis appearance in the backstage footage is totally different to how he appeared on stage that night in San Antonio. The camera doesn't lie. We follow Elvis right up untll he goes on stage, and he has hair down over his eye. We see in the movie his entrance in San Antonio, and he looks totally different.

Well, I can tell you right now. It is not Macon Georgia. How do I know? Because I only live 15 miles from the Macon Coliseum.


I live 15 miles from Manchester, but it doesn't mean I know what colour the dressing room is at the MEN Arena. How can you say for sure that there was never a red room in 1972?

That backstage footage isn't from San Antonio.



How do I know? I done more research on the Macon Coliseum that you have ever done.

oh your too modest :wink:



i hope this was completely filmed, i would love footage from ANY show released complete

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:33 am

DarrylMac wrote:
The workers told me that the walls has always been the same color is 1968 when it first open, they have always been white.


Here's a pic of someone backstage at the Macon Coliesum, taken from this website.

http://www.gainformer.com/Files/Bow%20Wow%20Concert.htm

Look familiar?

Bow-Wow-Int-Article.jpg


The red wall in the Elvis footage was only one wall - identical to this photo.



Yea, but one thing you need to know. Photo was taken in the Centreplex part and not the Coliseum. If you read the headline before posting which reads the following:
Bow Wow & Jibbs Join Chuckee For Awesome Performances At Centreplex.
Two different areas. Coliseum was built in 1968 and Centreplex was added in the early 90s.

It doesn't say Macon Coliseum anywhere in the article. :roll:

The Centreplex shouldn't be confused with the Coliseum at all. They are one building but they are two different areas. The full name is The Macon Coliseum and Centreplex. If photos was taken at the Centreplex then that is where it was taken and not the Coliseum.

How can Elvis be in a room that never exist in his time period? Unless he was in the Twilight Zone. :lol:

As I have said, there is very little I don't know of the Macon Coliseum/Centreplex.
Last edited by elvislennon on Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:35 am

ben wrote:
elvislennon wrote:
DarrylMac wrote:
The Red Room is from San Antonio just because of what Elvis is saying.


We'll have to agree to disagree. Elvis at no point says "we're going to do Burning Love today." He only discusses the fact they'd goofed on it previously, which does indeed date it after Greensboro, when someone asks if he's going to do it.

You can't deny the facts presented before you just because you going by hair alone.


I have a keen eye for details, and I can tell you, and have presented photgraphic evidence to show that Elvis appearance in the backstage footage is totally different to how he appeared on stage that night in San Antonio. The camera doesn't lie. We follow Elvis right up untll he goes on stage, and he has hair down over his eye. We see in the movie his entrance in San Antonio, and he looks totally different.

Well, I can tell you right now. It is not Macon Georgia. How do I know? Because I only live 15 miles from the Macon Coliseum.


I live 15 miles from Manchester, but it doesn't mean I know what colour the dressing room is at the MEN Arena. How can you say for sure that there was never a red room in 1972?

That backstage footage isn't from San Antonio.



How do I know? I done more research on the Macon Coliseum that you have ever done.

oh your too modest :wink:



i hope this was completely filmed, i would love footage from ANY show released complete


I am sorry to tell you. The two shows was not completely filmed. I would say about 25% of both shows was filmed.

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:41 am

Little Darlin wrote:
elvislennon wrote:

How do I know? I done more research on the Macon Coliseum that you have ever done. I talked to the ones who worked there and works there now. I have been working with the people at the Macon Coliseum on a Elvis tribute for that place.



Are they erecting a Statue by any chance?


We never thought of a statue really. We thought of more of the lines of having replica suits that he wore during the 5 shows at the Coliseum. Videoclips from 1976 with the soundboard over it to be insync with what is shown on the video. Scarfs that was given by fans during each of those shows as well. Along with photos taken by several fans. Also, something similar is being done at Georgia Music Hall of Fame which is up the road from the Coliseum/Centreplex.

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:43 am

elvislennon wrote:The two shows was not completely filmed. I would say about 25% of both shows was filmed.

Unless you worked on the documentary, please tell us how you know this.

Otherwise, the first wish here is that Buffalo sees the light of day -- none of us is getting any younger.

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:47 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvislennon wrote:The two shows was not completely filmed. I would say about 25% of both shows was filmed.

Unless you worked on the documentary, please tell us how you know this.

Otherwise, the first wish here is that Buffalo sees the light of day -- none of us is getting any younger.


I am going by what the owner said. That is what he remembers they filmed of it. They was having trouble filming at the Coliseum for some reason.

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:46 am

The key imo would be with Solt. Outtakes from This Is Elvis would or should be easier to locate than from MGM. Besides the work was done and transfered in 1980-81.

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:39 pm

elvislennon wrote:I am going by what the owner said. That is what he remembers they filmed of it. They was having trouble filming at the Coliseum for some reason.


Maybe the owner does not have all the tapes containing the Jacksonville concerts.

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:55 pm

Kris P wrote:
epf wrote: IIRC there was a thread not too long ago (just the other week) which more or less delt with the camera in question. Somebody posted a picture of the camera that was used for this show and it clearly showed a not to be missed a (semi?) attached microphone, so one would think there would be sound, even if it was in a somewhat lesser quality.


Here's the pics I posted epf, though not the actual camera and portapack used by Abel, this setup is indicative of the time.

Image
Image

As well as recording the majority of the Buffalo concert, it was Abel who also used his video camera to tape the Buffalo rehearsal.
As for audio of the concert it is likely that RCA only booked Record Plant to record Hampton, Richmond, Greensboro and San Antonio (recorded by the Wally Heider Company), therefore the only audio in existence would be that of the Abel videotape or soundboard.


Thanks Kris, this was indeed the post i was referring to. Good that you point out that it was not THE camera, but indicative for the camera that was used. Would you happen to know if the actual camera did have a (semi) attached microphone?

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:07 pm

A question ...

(lights small bomb, throws, moves away ...)

Forget the hairstyle.

How do we know - for a fact, mind you - that the Red Lion footage from On Tour is from Detroit and not San Antone?

I will explain why I'm asking this question later ...

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:49 pm

Scott wrote:A question ...

(lights small bomb, throws, moves away ...)

Forget the hairstyle.

How do we know - for a fact, mind you - that the Red Lion footage from On Tour is from Detroit and not San Antone?

I will explain why I'm asking this question later ...


But you need to hear what Elvis is saying. He talks about Burning Love. Elvis didn't sing Burning Love in Buffalo which was the day before Detroit. He first sung it in Greenboro. Detroit was the second concert while Buffalo was the first.
How can it be Detroit when he clears talks about messing up on Burning Love which happen in Greensboro? I would like for you to explain this please. I guess Elvis in living in the Twilight Zone in the footage? That is saying the the Red Room in the Centreplex is the room which Elvis stayed at which never existed in 1972. :roll: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Hair style means nothing.

If you are talking about the concert footage itself, then why is the band outfits changing colors from dark blue to light blue every little bit. :roll:
Last edited by elvislennon on Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:51 pm

Renan wrote:
elvislennon wrote:I am going by what the owner said. That is what he remembers they filmed of it. They was having trouble filming at the Coliseum for some reason.


Maybe the owner does not have all the tapes containing the Jacksonville concerts.


We are not talking about Jacksonville, we are talking about Macon and the two shows. :roll:

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:52 pm

elvislennon wrote:If you are talking about the concert footage itself, then why is the band outfits changing colors from dark blue to white every little bit. :roll:


Yes, I am talking about the concert footage only. Not backstage, not the entrance on the outtakes where the other outfits change.

My question again: how do we know it's from Detroit?

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:55 pm

Scott - in the outtake concert footage, the band are in blue, which they were in Detroit, whereas they weren't in blue in San Antonio, and they I'm not sure what colour they wore in Macon.

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:58 pm

Scott wrote:
elvislennon wrote:If you are talking about the concert footage itself, then why is the band outfits changing colors from dark blue to white every little bit. :roll:


Yes, I am talking about the concert footage only. Not backstage, not the entrance on the outtakes where the other outfits change.

My question again: how do we know it's from Detroit?



Because of the band members not wearing the outfits. Elvis only wore that White 'Red Lionhead' suit on the following dates:

Detroit, Roanoke, Macon (ES), and San Antonio.

It was only in Detroit that the Band Members wore light blue while Elvis is wearing that suit.

It is as easy as 2 and 2............ :roll:
Last edited by elvislennon on Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:00 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Scott - in the outtake concert footage, the band are in blue, which they were in Detroit, whereas they weren't in blue in San Antonio, and they I'm not sure what colour they wore in Macon.



They wore black or a dark color in Macon....... :wink:

There is photos from that show at the Macon Coliseum in which you can see the band members. :D

Re: MGM -> April 1972 videotape from "This Is Elvis"

Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:02 pm

elvislennon wrote: Because of the band members wearing the outfits.


This is my point (sort of anyway. It's one of them).

Who is to say what band outfits were worn on what date?!

Yes, obviously there is footage with two (or more?) lots of band outfits ... but how does anyone know which footage is from which date?