Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Trouble In Vegas by Memory Records announced

Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:42 pm

I got an info that Memory Records, one of my faves .., releases the December 9, 1976 10 PM show from Las Vegas within the next 10 days.

01. Also Sprach Zarathustra - 02. C. C. Rider - 03. I Got A Woman (with false start and break) - 04. Love Me - 05. Fairytale - 06. You Gave Me A Mountain - 07. Jailhouse Rock - 08. O Sole Mio (by Sherrill Nielsen)/It's Now Or Never (medley) - 09. My Way (with 3 false starts) - 10. Blue Christmas (Elvis on acoustic guitar, with false start) - 11. That's All Right, Mama (Elvis on acoustic guitar, with false start) - 12. Are You Lonesome Tonight (Elvis on acoustic guitar) - 13. Softly As I Leave You (with Sherrill Nielsen) - 14. Hound Dog - 15. Help Me - 16. America The Beautiful (last live version) - 17. Band Introductions - 18. Early Mornin' Rain - 19. What'd I Say - 20. Drum Solo (by Ronnie Tutt) - 21. Bass Solo (Blues - by Jerry Scheff) - 22. Piano Solo (by Tony Brown) - 23. Electric Piano Solo (by David Briggs) - 24. Love Letters - 25. School Day - 26. Hurt - 27. Hawaiian Wedding Song - 28. Can't Help Falling In Love - 29. Closing Vamp.

Sound will be good, as all tracks were digitally restored for best possible sound reproduction...and the disc will be accompanied by a booklet.
Comments..??

Re: Trouble In Vegas by Memory Records announced

Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:51 pm

I wonder why the sudden surge of 1976 Vegas shows. At any rate, another CD to replace an old cassette tape.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:04 pm

Rob wrote:I wonder why the sudden surge of 1976 Vegas shows. At any rate, another CD to replace an old cassette tape.

- maybe they just reacted to recent Vegas '76 discussion ? :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:05 pm

A worthy show for release. Isn't this the show which the parents of Ginger Alden attended, which resulted in a very nervous Elvis and the quite more than usual false starts ?

Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:08 pm

I really like this season. He mostly gave much better shows than in jan. '71.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:23 pm

Johanesson wrote:I really like this season. He mostly gave much better shows than in jan. '71.

You're kidding, aren't you?

Joern

Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:33 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Comments..??

One word - CRAP.

Got it on cassette and Cdr. Nothing new or unusual in the set list. Save your money for the newly announced FTD's Greatest Hits on Wolf Call. It's gonna be a killer !!

Please don't waste valuable board space with such postings again Cisco :roll:

Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:47 pm

BIGREDG wrote:

One word - CRAP.

A blind man could have seen this coming from a mile away.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:51 pm

Rob wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:

One word - CRAP.

A blind man could have seen this coming from a mile away.

Man I was set up !!!! :lol:

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:00 pm

Johanesson wrote:I really like this season. He mostly gave much better shows than in jan. '71.

Stop it -- it is too early. April Fools Day is still over three weeks away.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:19 pm

Do the memory cd's pop up on eBAY or do you have to order direct with the Cech fan club??

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:25 pm

What's the show called you guy's have now on tape?. This is a new one to me so am looking forward to it!

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:38 pm

kelvin wrote:Do the memory cd's pop up on eBAY or do you have to order direct with the Cech fan club??

Yes they come up on ebay or contact your friendly local supplier !!

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 pm

We had this show on CDR Winter Season in Las Vegas Vol.10,..the sound there is quite good already..like on all of these 2 CDR sets.
The shows varied much in quality..depended on his mood (and his medication). The setlists were quite interesting with many rarities.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:44 pm

Little Darlin wrote:What's the show called you guy's have now on tape?. This is a new one to me so am looking forward to it!

My tape is not called anything. It is simply labeled, "Las Vegas - December 9, 1976."

I received it years ago from some dude in Arkansas.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:45 pm

BIGREDG wrote:

One word - CRAP.

Got it on cassette and Cdr. Nothing new or unusual in the set list. Save your money for the newly announced FTD's Greatest Hits on Wolf Call. It's gonna be a killer !!

Please don't waste valuable board space with such postings again Cisco :roll:

Contrary to your crappies..you can almost smell the efforts made for this release..and now...GO.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:02 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Contrary to your crappies..you can almost smell the efforts made for this release..and now...GO.

I sure can smell something, but I do not think it is effort !!

You are truly "a piece of work" Cisco.Praising your select buddies and shitting on everyone else.

Smell the effort ? Smell the BS more like !!!!

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:16 pm

Ciscoking wrote:......disc will be accompanied by a booklet.

Oh and by the way Cisco, that is a 4 page booklet - smell the effort there buddy !!!!

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:28 pm

Would you F#@K!ING cut the C-R-A-P BIGREDG..... this is GETTING SOOOOO OLD on this board this petty back and forth BS. :evil:

JEFF d
EP fan
Last edited by JEFF d on Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:32 pm

JEFF d wrote:Would you F#@K!ING cut the crap BIGREDG..... this is GETTING SOOOOO OLD on this board this petty back and forth BS. :evil:

JEFF d
EP fan

Thank you Jeff,..he is now spoiling every thread ...don´t know why.. :wink:

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:33 pm

JEFF d wrote:Would you F#@K!ING cut the C-R-A-P BIGREDG..... this is GETTING SOOOOO OLD on this board this petty back and forth BS. :evil:

JEFF d
EP fan

Don't fall out of your pram dude !!

Back and forth takes 2 to tango my friend. And as we all know Cisco is the King of CRAP.

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:34 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
JEFF d wrote:Would you F#@K!ING cut the crap BIGREDG..... this is GETTING SOOOOO OLD on this board this petty back and forth BS. :evil:

JEFF d
EP fan

Thank you Jeff,..he is now spoiling every thread ...don´t know why.. :wink:

Just can't let your hypocrisy go by un commented on. Where would that lead ?

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:44 pm

BIGREDG wrote:You are truly "a piece of work" Cisco.Praising your select buddies and shitting on everyone else.

Not true. I am just differing in good labels and bad crap lables. Obviously you are on the wrong side.
Good lables which deliver fine work like Audionics, Madison, Audiophile, Southern Comfort, Graceland Records , Straight Arrows...just to mention a few quality labels which you entitle BS.....name your side please....

Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:03 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:You are truly "a piece of work" Cisco.Praising your select buddies and shitting on everyone else.

Not true. I am just differing in good labels and bad crap lables. Obviously you are on the wrong side.
Good lables which deliver fine work like Audionics, Madison, Audiophile, Southern Comfort, Graceland Records , Straight Arrows...just to mention a few quality labels which you entitle BS.....name your side please....

You would get no arguement from me - this list of labels are the cream of the crop. I have said it often. We are on the same side there. smt134

I was not saying these labels are BS.

But this cd is not from any of those labels. The BS merely refers to your "smell the effort" comment. How were you able to smell the effort on this cd ? I received the same email you did announcing this cd. A poor show, with merely a 4 page booklet, an appalingly bad front cover, and the track listing. Memory has a patchy track record for sound quality, so I am left wondering how you reached your conclusion that this was a worthy release ?

Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:16 pm

Fella's, d'you think we could temper this ridiculous debate?

List the interesting features, along with your concerns by all means, but in the end....allow us to make up our own minds...please.

Of course, you're free to continue this riveting discussion via pm...to your hearts content...winner is the one who remains awake the longest.
Last edited by Mike S on Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.